Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Open Letter to Mike Bianchi « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

T

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 15, 2007, 02:03:26 AM

It's funny how people act like Dungy won multiple Super Bowls and multiple Division titles. I'm not getting pulled into this debate yet again, but people in the Tampa area and  fans need to get over the fact that Dungy is gone. He won one Division title a total of 2 playoff games and ZERO Super Bowl titles here in Tampa. Great man, great defensive mind and good regular season coach but in no way should be confused with a great head coach.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#16 : August 15, 2007, 06:49:40 AM

Love the constant ripping on Tony Dungy for not bringing a legitimate OC when the current HC won't do the same.

That doesnt make any sense.   Dungy's forte was defense so he needed a good OC.   Gruden's forte is offense.   He already has a good DC in Kiffin, so I don't see the problem.   

If Gruden were to bring in an offensive coordinator, that would be ridiculous.   Regardless of recent production, in my opinion, Gruden is the best offensive coordinator in the NFL.   He's not the best head coach.   A head coach really doesn't need to do much.   Just let their coordinators do the work, deal with the press, then make a few general decisions on game day.   Gruden's value to the Bucs is running that offense.   
Java, agreed on Dungy, So maybe we fire Gruden as a HC bring in a legit HC and keep Gruden on as OC. But to the point, T hit it on the head, email that to this clown.

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#17 : August 15, 2007, 07:19:39 AM

Why don't you email this to Bianchi, instead of posting it on a message board he probably will never visit.

Ditto.

TheLock

Rookie
#18 : August 15, 2007, 07:21:44 AM

Nice

#19 : August 15, 2007, 08:52:34 AM

I DID email it to him...before I posted it here.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 15, 2007, 09:07:59 AM

while disrespecting Buc legends in the process.

This is hilarious, really funny on so many levels.

Are you soft? This is the big boy world of the NFL JC where teams don't give players a parade when they get cut. Maybe you should go watch the Lifetime network instead of the NFL, it's all warm and fuzzy which is right up your alley.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#21 : August 15, 2007, 09:13:08 AM

It's amazing how people blindly follow the Allen-Gruden regime when they thought trying Buenning at Center would work.
I agree JC510, those people were fools. Were you one of them? Where's your old sig line?

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 15, 2007, 09:14:39 AM

If Gruden coaches up his roster like many of claim he is capable of doing, the negative press will stop. 

The press doesn't write bad things about him because they don't like him, they write bad things about him because he isn't very good at his job.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 15, 2007, 09:22:22 AM

The press doesn't write bad things about him because they don't like him, they write bad things about him because he isn't very good at his job.

Then they should stick to the facts.  If not then it is no longer journalism.  If they are so desperate to generate money they have to resort to tabloid like reporting then it is a sad day for journalism as a whole.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 15, 2007, 09:32:05 AM

Like the "fact" that Gruden wanted to draft Westbrook, but McKay wouldn't allow it?  You would have to go a long way to prove that as "fact."

If Gruden did indeed have such a great eye for college talent, why didn't he draft his own Westbrook?  When McKay did, in fact, trade Walker for Jones, why didn't Gruden see that Jones was a better RB talent than anyone he had on the roster in 2003?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 15, 2007, 09:39:39 AM

Man this is a such a tired discussion. Has anyone consistently read Mike's column? heard him on the radio? He is awful, just terrible and alsways looking to stir the pot up. He hit on this one.

Who cares about all of this nonsense? When the Bucs have a good year this will all be gone.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 15, 2007, 09:40:09 AM

Why don't you email this to Bianchi, instead of posting it on a message board he probably will never visit.

Ditto.

LOL   ::)

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 15, 2007, 10:03:00 AM

but to insinuate that gruden doesnt have MAJOR pull in the draft is crazytalk.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 15, 2007, 10:06:50 AM

but to insinuate that gruden doesnt have MAJOR pull in the draft is crazytalk

Other than the fact he is the HC I do not see what MAJOR pull he has.  Becuase whether with the Mckay/Gruden regime or the Allen/Gruden regime both Allen and McKay have made the final decisions on draft day.  He is the HC so he should outrank Bissacia in making decisions or else he would be a poor HC if Bissacia was calling the shots.

#29 : August 15, 2007, 10:11:09 AM

Memo:

If you read my open letter closely, you'd notice that I did NOT absolve Gruden or Allen from any mistakes.  If you read closely, you will see that I gave Tony Dungy his props.  If you will read closely, you will see that I asked Mr. Bianchi to stop omitting the faults that his "dignity and decorum" boy possessed to support his own agenda.

I coulkd tell you what a great guy and player Pete Rose was if I omitted his gambling problems.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Open Letter to Mike Bianchi « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools