Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hovan Decleated « previous next »
Page: 1

john.matincheck

Starter

: August 15, 2007, 08:25:24 AM

I just had the oppurtunity to watch the New England game and I was wondering if any of you noticed Hovan getting completely decleated by one of the Pats O-linemen on a screen. It's the kind of hit that Sapp put on that guy a couple years ago that almost ended the guy's career. The interesting thing to me about it was that Hovan bounced right back up and on the very next play penetrated the backfield and made a tackle for a loss. I used to think he was a clown when he played for the Vikes but he is earning much respect with his play and attitude since joining the Bucs. My guess is he is the one D-lineman that the Bucs could least afford to loss this year. I don't want to see him taking those kind of shots in the preseason but it was a good clean hit and I loved his response.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#1 : August 15, 2007, 09:09:15 AM

Hovan has been a monster for us. The guy never quits on a play...NEVER! I love a d-lineman who's gang tackling with a Safety and a Cornerback 20 yards down field.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 15, 2007, 09:55:35 AM

Yeah, I mentioned that in the thread I started about the second offensive play. 

I saw the replay on NFL LIVE or some such show. Nasty. Hovan was shaking himself a bit after that play. HUGE Titanic hit that was.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : August 15, 2007, 10:36:59 AM

Hovan is a real high motor guy. That term is overused, but he fits the bill. He doesn't know the word quit.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 15, 2007, 12:55:10 PM

PUT A JERSEY ON!

{BTW - that Packer was Chad Clifton - he's only missed 1 game since that year so I guess I didn't ruin his career too much.}

UFBucgator

Practice Squad

#5 : August 15, 2007, 02:21:29 PM

Hovan has been a monster for us. The guy never quits on a play...NEVER! I love a d-lineman who's gang tackling with a Safety and a Cornerback 20 yards down field.

I don't like seeing dtackles tackling guys 20 yds downfield personally.  I prefer my linebackers and dlinemen stop it before the play goes more than 4.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#6 : August 15, 2007, 02:27:58 PM

I don't like seeing dtackles tackling guys 20 yds downfield personally.  I prefer my linebackers and dlinemen stop it before the play goes more than 4.
Yah, we all prefer that. But that's not reality now is it?

140BPM

Practice Squad

#7 : August 15, 2007, 04:44:00 PM

I would really like to see Ryan Sims at NT and Hovan at UT.  That's my preference.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#8 : August 15, 2007, 05:06:28 PM

Hovan got right up.  That's what suprised me.   That was a Mega Hit.

john.matincheck

Starter

#9 : August 15, 2007, 07:23:09 PM

Hovan got right up. That's what suprised me. That was a Mega Hit.

Even more suprising than him getting right up was the fact that on the very next play he was able to beat his man and make a big play. It's easy to be a high motor guy when you're fresh and healthy but taking a shot like that can make a big man a coward in a hurry until he can shake it off. I'm giving him a lot of credit assuming it hurt but in reality it may have just been one of those "it looked worse than it was" kind of a things.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#10 : August 15, 2007, 09:16:49 PM

Hovan got right up. That's what suprised me. That was a Mega Hit.

Even more suprising than him getting right up was the fact that on the very next play he was able to beat his man and make a big play. It's easy to be a high motor guy when you're fresh and healthy but taking a shot like that can make a big man a coward in a hurry until he can shake it off. I'm giving him a lot of credit assuming it hurt but in reality it may have just been one of those "it looked worse than it was" kind of a things.

Yep.   You're rarely see a man that big get the big "Decleat".    That's year end highlight reel piece.   

Hovan proved his metal on that one. 

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 16, 2007, 02:45:54 PM

Actualy I saw the hit about 3-4 times. If you watch it again you will see that Hovan saw the O linman at the very last minute and was able to change the way he landed. Hovan just happened to have the wrong foot planted at the moment the hit took place so it looked a lot worse then it was

With that said I am sure glad Hovan is on our side of the ball and not the other
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hovan Decleated « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools