Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Riddle me this... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: November 06, 2006, 09:00:19 AM

IF the Bucs did make a change in coaching at the end of the season, who do we bring in, that with a good draft pick or two and some veteran free agents, produce a winner like the rookie Saints coach is doing this year? 

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 06, 2006, 09:03:55 AM

IF the Bucs did make a change in coaching at the end of the season, who do we bring in, that with a good draft pick or two and some veteran free agents, produce a winner like the rookie Saints coach is doing this year?
You're the one who wants him fired. Shouldn't you be answering that question??

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

#2 : November 06, 2006, 09:07:56 AM

The Saints have had the talent for several seasons.  They had poor QB play which held them back.  It developed poor attitudes, which Sean Payton disposed of.

And they brought in an experienced winning QB to lead the way.

In no way am I totally surprised at the Saints' performance this year. 

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#3 : November 06, 2006, 09:17:26 AM

You beat me to it prefer...

The 2005 Saints looked about the same as the 2006 Saints except at QB....They gave us all we could handle last year with Aaron Brooks and Todd Bauman at QB. Now with a good QB to lead them they are finally realizing their potential. The Saints have not turned the ball over in the 2 games against us this year. Last year we only beat them 10-3 after Brooks threw 4 INTs, Ronde getting 3 of them.....Even the game at RJ last year was undecided until White's sack/fumble/TD....

It's really amazing the difference a good, experienced QB makes...

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 06, 2006, 09:33:58 AM

Great point about the QB.  Then why in the world did we not go out and try to bring in a veteran QB this off season?  Hanging your hat on Simms is like thinking you are going to get the $10,000 winning scratch off ticket, after you just scratched off a $10 winner.  There was no gaurantee in Simms, that's for sure.  Of course everyone that wants him gone now thought, like Gruden, that he was the man?
If all we needed on the Bucs team was a QB to turn things around, we should have gone out and looked for one.  So what do you think is developing the poor attitudes in Tampa?  Playcalling?  The lack of offense?  Who knows.  The number one reason why the Saints are winning this season is that they have a coach that has breathed new life in them and brought in a few key players.  Sounds like the Bucs could have done the same thing, but didn't.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 06, 2006, 09:53:28 AM

Great point about the QB. Then why in the world did we not go out and try to bring in a veteran QB this off season? Hanging your hat on Simms is like thinking you are going to get the $10,000 winning scratch off ticket, after you just scratched off a $10 winner. There was no gaurantee in Simms, that's for sure. Of course everyone that wants him gone now thought, like Gruden, that he was the man?
If all we needed on the Bucs team was a QB to turn things around, we should have gone out and looked for one. So what do you think is developing the poor attitudes in Tampa? Playcalling? The lack of offense? Who knows. The number one reason why the Saints are winning this season is that they have a coach that has breathed new life in them and brought in a few key players. Sounds like the Bucs could have done the same thing, but didn't.
Fiedler

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 06, 2006, 09:57:05 AM

Not many here want gruden fired other than your stupid ass.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 06, 2006, 10:00:14 AM

Guru,

Who was your choice-back then?

How much was the cap hit?

Did we have the cap money?

Think you need to answer those questions.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

PRPatrol

Second String
#8 : November 06, 2006, 10:00:56 AM

Not many here want gruden fired other than your stupid ass.

You may not be happy with or agree with his post but lets try to keep it clean.  Thanks.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 06, 2006, 10:01:49 AM

my bad patrol  :o ;)

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 06, 2006, 10:03:15 AM

A lot of people have questions and statements.

But I don't see any realistic answers-so far.

PRPatrol

Second String
#11 : November 06, 2006, 10:04:31 AM

We're all passionate.  No harm no foul.  We all have to try "Curb our Enthusiasm" after a game like yesterday.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 06, 2006, 10:41:42 AM

I would have loved to seen Parcells take the job, but it was not to be.  I would have like Jimmy Johnson as well.  I like their experience if nothing else. 
Hey ICIT, how was the flight back home brother? 

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 06, 2006, 11:00:09 AM

Are you kidding?  Parcells or Jimmy Johnson????  OMG.  Why would you want a coach who thinks NOTHING of the Bucs.  Or Johnson who hasn't coached anyone in 200 years but Terry Bradshaw and whatis name square jaw who sits next to him....no no no.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 06, 2006, 11:08:15 AM

Dal,

Do you really believe Bucs fans will accept the transition?

More years of new players, new system, more losses etc etc etc.

I doubt it.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Riddle me this... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools