Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Riddle me this... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

original

Pro Bowler

#15 : November 06, 2006, 11:20:20 AM

If there was a replacement of Gruden, Rivera from Chicago would be the right choice.  He could get some discipline back in this team and get us back to having a Dominate Tampa 2.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 06, 2006, 11:26:58 AM

IF the Bucs did make a change in coaching at the end of the season, who do we bring in, that with a good draft pick or two and some veteran free agents, produce a winner like the rookie Saints coach is doing this year?

You got your college types like the guy at Iowa who's name I'll misspell, Stoops is rumored to want to move out and up. Pat Hill is off the Bellichek foodchain and gets some love.

In the pros Rex Ryan might start getting nods with the way that BAL defense is playing. Cam Cameron out in SD (their OC) is a well respected guy around the pro circuit. Ron Rivera off the Bears (DC) is a popular guy. Larry Coyer in DEN has his guys playing really well again. I'm assuming Jim Johnson in PHL is like Monte and doesn't really want a top job becuase he should have had offers before now. Mike Martz has gotten the DET offense rolling now and I suspect he'll get dropped back into the coaching names list.

Decent list, I give you credit for only one retread in Martz.  But none of these guys are inspiring me over what we already have...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 06, 2006, 12:06:21 PM

Lets assume Martz comes here.  If people are complaining about Gruden abadoning the run what will they think of Martz?  Martz also makes some very questionable game decisions and clock management is not his forte.

Also Martz will have to start from scratch to build up the type of offense he wants and Carnell who dropped three passes yesterday will not recieve a lot of playing time in a Martz offense.  Martz will not play RB's and WR's in his offense that can not catch and can not run routes properly.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 06, 2006, 12:14:33 PM

Lets assume Martz comes here.  If people are complaining about Gruden abadoning the run what will they think of Martz?  Martz also makes some very questionable game decisions and clock management is not his forte.

Also Martz will have to start from scratch to build up the type of offense he wants and Carnell who dropped three passes yesterday will not recieve a lot of playing time in a Martz offense.  Martz will not play RB's and WR's in his offense that can not catch and can not run routes properly.

I guess Gruden likes to play RB & WR who can't catch and run routes?

#19 : November 06, 2006, 12:22:44 PM

I am the biggest BUcs fan, and no way should he be fired. He wont be, and there are very few who want him to be. But Ill play along for a change rather than bashing anyone who brings up the idea. I would say Ralph Friedgen. Maryland head coach. Was national coach pf the year in 2001. I  think he interviewed for the bUcs job back in 2002. He is offensive minded. Played QB and OG in college. Is a great playcaller and gameday coach. If he wanted to make the move to the pros again, he would have little trouble finding a head coaching job.

and one thing is he is calm mannered, more like Dungy than Gruden. There would be perfect harmony again. No more specualtion about who doesnt like Gruden, whether the organization is impolding from the inside. He is highly respected for being a quiet leader and a helluva coach, very much like Dungy and Kiffin

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 06, 2006, 01:08:02 PM

DAl,

You might be overlooking the fact that Payton went to a team that was pretty solid and picked up a top flight QB.

No comparison.

Next?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#21 : November 06, 2006, 01:16:42 PM

I am the biggest BUcs fan, and no way should he be fired. He wont be, and there are very few who want him to be. But Ill play along for a change rather than bashing anyone who brings up the idea. I would say Ralph Friedgen. Maryland head coach. Was national coach pf the year in 2001. I  think he interviewed for the bUcs job back in 2002. He is offensive minded. Played QB and OG in college. Is a great playcaller and gameday coach. If he wanted to make the move to the pros again, he would have little trouble finding a head coaching job.

and one thing is he is calm mannered, more like Dungy than Gruden. There would be perfect harmony again. No more specualtion about who doesnt like Gruden, whether the organization is impolding from the inside. He is highly respected for being a quiet leader and a helluva coach, very much like Dungy and Kiffin

funny you bring up the calm demeanor....I sure do remember a LOT of people complaining how passive Dungy was, he lacked fire, etc.... now Gruden is too emotional and not a calming presence like Dungy was.....another example of how Tampa fans are fickle as hell

gharen

Pro Bowler

#22 : November 06, 2006, 02:01:31 PM

The simple anser to this question is you give Gruden one more year if nothing changes you bring Cowher out of retirement! One name you all haven't brought up is Wisenhunt the OC for the Steelers. By the way, on a Steelers board my brother visits the top vote getter to replace Cowher if he retires is Gruden!

#23 : November 06, 2006, 02:20:24 PM

ZenBuc, Im glad you read the rest of my post. I like everything baout Gruden. I dont want a coach with a more laid back demeanor, but what I said was that would make the fans, media and analysts quit whining and crying and making conspiracies about how this person or that person doesnt like Gruden because he rubs them the wrong way. I dont think Gruden rubs anyone the wrong way that really loves football. I dont think Keyshawn loved football the way Gruden does, or atleast i think Keyshawn love dhimself first and foremost mor ethan anything and Gruden had a problem with that so they bumped heads

I dont think Dungy's stoic attitude was the real problem with most people, I think if he brought in an offensive coordinator that was worth a damn nobody wouldve had a problem with his lack of emotion.

Again I love GRuden, but Friedgen would be a coach somewhere in between Dungy and Gruden. Great offensive mind who commands respect through his work and is a even tempered leader
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Riddle me this... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools