Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Gruden could lose his job... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 07, 2006, 11:50:41 AM

To say somebody would bring back discipline to this team is saying that discipline is lacking. I haven't heard that from anywhere.  Where did you hear that?

Considering our record I'd say the discipline is pretty good. Players aren't spouting off to the press.  They aren't playing the blame game. Gruden has always been known for his uptempo practices.   The penalties haven't been as bad as when Kenyatta was the king of the holding penalty. 

Our team just plain stinks.  But I don't see that the problem is discipline.  The problem is we have an offense that is too young, and a defense that is too old.  Whoever you want to blame for that go ahead.  But the problem is not discipline.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 07, 2006, 01:00:35 PM

To say somebody would bring back discipline to this team is saying that discipline is lacking. I haven't heard that from anywhere.  Where did you hear that?

Considering our record I'd say the discipline is pretty good. Players aren't spouting off to the press.  They aren't playing the blame game. Gruden has always been known for his uptempo practices.   The penalties haven't been as bad as when Kenyatta was the king of the holding penalty. 

Our team just plain stinks.  But I don't see that the problem is discipline.  The problem is we have an offense that is too young, and a defense that is too old.  Whoever you want to blame for that go ahead.  But the problem is not discipline.

nice!

don't worry ... all you anti-Gruden guys will have your "Official Hot Seat" season next year.  He's safe this year and thru next.  But as for this year, the coach that should be on the hot seat is Muir - I seldom hear people ripping him for once again failing to get the oline prepared for a game.

gone

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 07, 2006, 05:38:18 PM

nice!

don't worry ... all you anti-Gruden guys will have your "Official Hot Seat" season next year.  He's safe this year and thru next.  But as for this year, the coach that should be on the hot seat is Muir - I seldom hear people ripping him for once again failing to get the oline prepared for a game.

You're not listening much then.  Muir has been talked about for quite a while.  Gruden will be coaching for his life next year, not this.  Look at it from the GLazers' view:
You mortgage everything to get a SB,  bring in a new coach who gets it done, and then just when you finally finish paying the bills, are you gonna fire the guy who sealed the deal the last time you had the cash/picks to make a run, and bring in a brand new guy ?

Getting to the playoffs is easy compared to winning the Lombardi.  Going into the postseason and out the next week is not gonna make ownership happy.  Lots of teams get there, only the special ones win it all, and not every coach can do it.  You have to be very sure before you axe one who has proven he can get it all done.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 08, 2006, 03:20:41 AM

Can't disagree with that, dalbuc. Does anyone outside of Gruden and the Muir family think that he should still be coaching here? Remember the TV show ''The Ghost and Mrs. Muir?'' Those ghosts have been playing on our offensive line the last four years!

In Verner We Trust

goto11

Starter
#34 : November 08, 2006, 09:56:32 AM

Either way, we MUST get rid of the entire FO and bring in a real GM and personnel man to replace Allen, who is killing this team. 

This is ridiculous.  I can understand the anger against Gruden, but Bruce Allen?  He took the Bucs from salary cap hell to having at least $24M to spend in 2007.  He made some hard decisions, cut some big players and big salaries and now the team is paying the price in losses.  How about seeing what the guy can do with a gangster roll of cash before making the claim that he's killing the team.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Gruden could lose his job... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools