Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden-Can't make it any plainer than that « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
: August 15, 2007, 02:21:59 PM

“I’m tired of talking about him, every day you see him out here practicing, he’s healthy,” Gruden said. “Why the hell would he go on IR? I don’t understand why – he’s practicing. I’m not trying to mislead anyone, though I have to be honest at times and say we have cleared him to practice. If he was injured, he wouldn’t be practicing and throwing 125 balls a day. It’s the performance that needs to improve and I’m confident in time it will. He’s been inactive for a long period of time. That’s all I’m going to say. It’s a work in progress right now. He’s behind and he knows that, and we will adjust accordingly.”

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 15, 2007, 02:24:05 PM

I heard the interview and he was fairly animated as well......I love that guy. 

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#2 : August 15, 2007, 02:25:09 PM

Link to the interview

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 15, 2007, 02:31:43 PM

Do you have any idea how it would be that every single time you speak to the media someone asks you, usually the first question, about the health of Chris Simms?

"My body is definitely 100 percent healed."
- Chris Simms, 8/3/07

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#4 : August 15, 2007, 02:34:53 PM

Gruden tends to loooooose his cool a lot when it comes to Simms, maybe he should give all the media a list of which questions to ask. He will have a nervous breakdown if Garcia plays bad and they "why not play McCown or Grad's" questions start to fly in, I would give 2 to 1 odds that somewhere between week 3-8 Gruden has a Mora SR. moment and flips out.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 15, 2007, 02:36:20 PM

Link to the interview

He was on with Beckles......I listen to WDAE coverage of TC while I am at work.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 15, 2007, 02:43:16 PM

I would give 2 to 1 odds that somewhere between week 3-8 Gruden has a Mora SR. moment and flips out.

I'm in. How much $$$ can you cover?

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#7 : August 15, 2007, 02:48:07 PM

I get sick of hearing the Simms questions too lol. I can only imagine how Coach feels when these Bozos keep beating the dead horse.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#8 : August 15, 2007, 02:48:40 PM

Do you have any idea how it would be that every single time you speak to the media someone asks you, usually the first question, about the health of Chris Simms?

- Chris Simms, 8/3/07

If he can't take the heat then get out of the Kitchen, its obvious Simms is not at 100%. I know you hate him and think he should be washing car's, but have you seen how bad he looks this season in TC, and how good he looked last season in TC???
I know the obvious tends to excape some people, but come on.  I guess it makes sense to you that a HC that has a QB with issues with his throw best way to resolve that issue is to ignore and make him earn playing time. Its 360 degrees of BS. He hasen't had enough snaps to fix the glitch in his mechanic's, but in order to get playing time he has to have the glitch fixed. Its like Simms is a car that has a mechanical problem and Grudens solution is to just leave it in the Garage and hope the problem will resolve itself by starting the car and letting it run for 5 minutes every few weeks.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#9 : August 15, 2007, 02:51:10 PM

I would give 2 to 1 odds that somewhere between week 3-8 Gruden has a Mora SR. moment and flips out.

I'm in. How much $$$ can you cover?

Up to $1.34 (One dollar and thirty four cents), can you take a personal check?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 15, 2007, 02:54:36 PM

Up to $1.34 (One dollar and thirty four cents), can you take a personal check?

I was hoping for at least $1,000.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 15, 2007, 02:55:21 PM

It's kind of annoying so much attention is paid to a back up quarterback who threw 1 TD and 7 INTs in 3 games last season. I'd rather them concentrate on players who will actually affect wins and losses next season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#12 : August 15, 2007, 02:56:44 PM

I have to agree hearing the same question over & over would drive anybody nuts. Especially since the Simms situation is really self-evident at least to the extent of how well/poor he's practicing. He's a good kid and I hope he can pull it together, though it's looking like it won't be this year and maybe not w/ us.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 15, 2007, 03:00:01 PM

Gruden tends to loooooose his cool a lot when it comes to Simms, maybe he should give all the media a list of which questions to ask. He will have a nervous breakdown if Garcia plays bad and they "why not play McCown or Grad's" questions start to fly in, I would give 2 to 1 odds that somewhere between week 3-8 Gruden has a Mora SR. moment and flips out.

It's because Gruden knows that most of the media in Tampa. with only a few exceptions, doesnt know a damn thing about football.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#14 : August 15, 2007, 03:04:26 PM

- Chris Simms, 8/3/07

If he can't take the heat then get out of the Kitchen, its obvious Simms is not at 100%. I know you hate him and think he should be washing car's, but have you seen how bad he looks this season in TC, and how good he looked last season in TC???
I know the obvious tends to excape some people, but come on.  I guess it makes sense to you that a HC that has a QB with issues with his throw best way to resolve that issue is to ignore and make him earn playing time. Its 360 degrees of BS. He hasen't had enough snaps to fix the glitch in his mechanic's, but in order to get playing time he has to have the glitch fixed. Its like Simms is a car that has a mechanical problem and Grudens solution is to just leave it in the Garage and hope the problem will resolve itself by starting the car and letting it run for 5 minutes every few weeks.

At one point, Simms got pulled from running the scout team offense because he couldn't throw well enough.  I understand the point that he's got to throw to get better, but at some point the other 10 guys on offense (and sometimes the other 11 on defense) have to be considered when it comes to having productive practices.

It's why I was behind the Garcia signing 100%, even if he's here for 1-2 years: I'd like for the other young players on offense to benefit from the leadership of a Vet QB, during the week and on game day, so that WHEN we replace Garcia with that "franchise QB", that particular QB will benefit from a supporting cast that has played productively in this offense.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden-Can't make it any plainer than that « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools