Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden-Can't make it any plainer than that « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#15 : August 15, 2007, 03:09:35 PM

I would not like the same old question either, but pay me a salary that lets me live in Avila like Gruden and you can ask the question everytime you see me. Let him come here and take some of my phone calls and site visits and deal with contractors, sub-contractors, clients, Zoning meeting, city council meetings, variance review meetings, Architectural Review meetings, inspectors each and every day asking the same questions, needing an explianation for something or another every day, and their hands held every step of the way until the project is 100% complete, for under $150K a year, then he can complain about the mean old media asking him questions he doesn't like.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 15, 2007, 03:10:59 PM

Do you have any idea how it would be that every single time you speak to the media someone asks you, usually the first question, about the health of Chris Simms?

"My body is definitely 100 percent healed."
- Chris Simms, 8/3/07

If he can't take the heat then get out of the Kitchen, its obvious Simms is not at 100%. I know you hate him and think he should be washing car's, but have you seen how bad he looks this season in TC, and how good he looked last season in TC???
I know the obvious tends to excape some people, but come on.  I guess it makes sense to you that a HC that has a QB with issues with his throw best way to resolve that issue is to ignore and make him earn playing time. Its 360 degrees of BS. He hasen't had enough snaps to fix the glitch in his mechanic's, but in order to get playing time he has to have the glitch fixed. Its like Simms is a car that has a mechanical problem and Grudens solution is to just leave it in the Garage and hope the problem will resolve itself by starting the car and letting it run for 5 minutes every few weeks.

At one point, Simms got pulled from running the scout team offense because he couldn't throw well enough.  I understand the point that he's got to throw to get better, but at some point the other 10 guys on offense (and sometimes the other 11 on defense) have to be considered when it comes to having productive practices.

It's why I was behind the Garcia signing 100%, even if he's here for 1-2 years: I'd like for the other young players on offense to benefit from the leadership of a Vet QB, during the week and on game day, so that WHEN we replace Garcia with that "franchise QB", that particular QB will benefit from a supporting cast that has played productively in this offense.

I agree with this; at this point Simms' reps are hurting the rest of the team

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 15, 2007, 03:11:26 PM

but pay me a salary that lets me live in Avila like Gruden

ahhh, it all becomes clear now. I see.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 15, 2007, 03:14:26 PM

UMGUY,

If you want a conspiracy, talk to Joe, the expert.

Except maybe in your mind, Simms is healthy. He says so, the doctors say so and the FO says so.

Its not a question of health. Its a re-learning experience because of the incision in his abdomen is causing him to favor it and that throws off his mechanics.

How many footballs do you want him to thro a day? Gruden says he's throwing 125 (either you believe him or you don't), any more and then he will probably have arm trouble.

There is no question he is not the same as he was last year. He had some major surgery. The surgery is healed. Simms just can't yet adjust.

The car is not in his garage. Its in the driveway with mechanics trying as best they can to fix it. But its going to take time.

Bottom line (different than what you apparently believe), Simms is healthy-don't know any other way to say it.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

#19 : August 15, 2007, 03:18:50 PM

UMGuy

It is obvious you cannot be objective.

If you have children that are of age to speak, I guarantee you that you get tired of them asking the same questions over and over.

Frankly, it shows the stupidity of the media....they aren't even smart enough to think of different questions to ask.

Are you Mike Bianchi incognito?  Maybe Rick Stroud??

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 15, 2007, 03:19:11 PM

The surgery is healed. Simms just can't yet adjust.

That's the obvious fact, and the bottom line in this situation. But the conspiracy theorists have to make something else out of it, obviously.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#21 : August 15, 2007, 03:20:54 PM

It's kind of annoying so much attention is paid to a back up quarterback who threw 1 TD and 7 INTs in 3 games last season. I'd rather them concentrate on players who will actually affect wins and losses next season.

Thank you. I stopped listening to camp reports because it's same freakin questions. They spend
more time talking about guys who will have no impact this season (Simms and Rice) than anyone else.
They were enamored with Petitgout but he's practicing so it's on to something else.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#22 : August 15, 2007, 03:21:13 PM

but pay me a salary that lets me live in Avila like Gruden

ahhh, it all becomes clear now. I see.

So you think as a coach in the NFL making millions, having a certain question asked crosses some line? The guy would last 5 minutes in New York if he can't take this. My job and 90% of the people job in here is far more difficult and much less pay than Gruden, so get off the poor Gruden gets asked the same question trip. At this point they probably ask just because they know it will get a rise out of him. (No I can't coach an NFL team, but on the list of difficult jobs its not even in the top 100).

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 15, 2007, 03:23:05 PM

Prefer,

Maybe he's the second coming of Karen?

His hate for Gruden is evident.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#24 : August 15, 2007, 03:26:14 PM

Maybe all those jokes about dumb jocks from the U aren't really jokes at all.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 15, 2007, 03:28:09 PM

UMGuy,

What does how much he earns have anything to do with it?

You are possibly right about the question be asked repeatedly is just to get a rise out of him.

So what does that accomplish? Absolutely nothing positive.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 15, 2007, 03:28:49 PM

So you think as a coach in the NFL making millions, having a certain question asked crosses some line? The guy would last 5 minutes in New York if he can't take this. My job and 90% of the people job in here is far more difficult and much less pay than Gruden, so get off the poor Gruden gets asked the same question trip. At this point they probably ask just because they know it will get a rise out of him. (No I can't coach an NFL team, but on the list of difficult jobs its not even in the top 100).

Who cares? I don't give a rats arse to be honest, it's funny how he handles the media. You're jealous and the Avila comment really defined that for me.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#27 : August 15, 2007, 03:29:16 PM

Like I said I take EVERYTHING that comes from the Buc's with a grain of salt, you can think Gruden is 100% honest and on the level if you want. I simply don't.  The Bucs say Simm's is healthy, the Buc's said Rice was not, the Buc's said Lynch was not.
What they players says doesn't metter because a player will always say he is ready to go, and a player who can play a few quarters with a ruptured spleen more so than most.

So what if they ask the same question, answer it and move on. Like I said its part of his job to deal with the media and he should deal with it like a profesional and try not to throw a temper tantrum.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#28 : August 15, 2007, 03:30:02 PM

He has gotten reps in individual drill just not in the 11 on 11.  If he has a problem then why would Gruden waste time giving him reps when they could and should go to getting the guys who are going to play better.  Doest Grads need the reps?  If Gruden spent alot of time with Simms you would probaly critisize him for not Giving enough reps to McCown or Grads.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#29 : August 15, 2007, 03:32:49 PM

So let's see---it doesn't matter what the coaching staff say and it doesn't matter what the player says---it only matters what UMguy1999 says.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden-Can't make it any plainer than that « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools