Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden-Can't make it any plainer than that « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #60 : August 15, 2007, 04:35:08 PM »

I am not sure why I would be jealous about him living where my parents live and I grew up, but OK.

Riiight, of course they do.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #61 : August 15, 2007, 04:35:54 PM »

If there is a change is Simms' status, Gruden will tell them. They don't need to run it into the ground. Obviously some of you do NOT have children....LOL.

I have 3 and I don't lose my cool over them asking questions, if they keep asking for a toy or something I them to knock it off and they do. Under your logic Gruden may as well ask his own questions and write his own articles, because the Media should wait for Gruden to tell them everything.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #62 : August 15, 2007, 04:37:53 PM »

I have 3 and I don't lose my cool over them asking questions, if they keep asking for a toy or something I them to knock it off and they do.

Big difference is that Gruden keeps telling them to knock it off, answering the question completely that Simms is healthy (as Simms himself has also said) over and over again, and yet they DON'T knock it off.

simmstheanswer

Starter

« #63 : August 15, 2007, 04:39:55 PM »

please don't start with the age bias bullcrap. your age has absolutely nothing to do with both your knowledge of the bucs and your appreciation of things that have happened and are happening. there are many 60 year olds who know absolutely nothing about the bucs, but have held season tickets for 20+ years, just as there are younger aged people who have just as much buccaneer knowledge as you possess, maybe more. the fact that you may have lived through 1976 does not give you automatic credibility.

I never said age has anything to do with football knowledge. Trying to project your own meaning? Putting words in my mouth? That's as bad as saying there's some Gruden "conspiracy" going on with Simms, Rice and Alstott.

i'm not putting words in anyone's mouth. you, by calling someone a "youngster", are basically discounting his knowledge and  opinions with the idea that age gains your knowledge and insight, and because he is not as old as you, he must know less and his opinion must be skewed and wrong.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #64 : August 15, 2007, 04:44:30 PM »

I am not sure why I would be jealous about him living where my parents live and I grew up, but OK.

Riiight, of course they do.

Yeah, I am lying because......well I can't think of a reason but if it makes you feel better maybe I should say i grew up in tent, was raised by wolves and am writing this from the homeless shelter.
Here you go if you can get past the guard knock on the door and ask my Mom to see my baby pictures. 16205 Sonsoles De Avila. LOL

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #65 : August 15, 2007, 04:51:22 PM »

i'm not putting words in anyone's mouth. you, by calling someone a "youngster", are basically discounting his knowledge and  opinions with the idea that age gains your knowledge and insight, and because he is not as old as you, he must know less and his opinion must be skewed and wrong.

Apparently that's the way you think, since you're projecting your own interpretation onto my statement. You should try to take things that are direct as direct, not twist it to your own liking. Kinda like the Gruden "conspiracies".

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #66 : August 15, 2007, 04:59:31 PM »

Ah, you're just a baby, then.

Sounds like a "bonus baby"

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #67 : August 15, 2007, 05:02:53 PM »

Sounds like a "bonus baby"

He's a youngster, not even 31 years old yet. Some days I wish I could be 30 again, and other days definitely not!

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #68 : August 15, 2007, 07:03:15 PM »

I'd give almost anything to be just half my age which would put me well past 31.

I assure you age does have better intelligence on some subjects, but NFL football is not one of those subject. I would suggest there are kids well younger than all of us that can spout off more about the Bucs than maybe we can.

What advantage age has,, is that, for the most part, one has a better understanding on some topics based on experience. I can only speak for myself, but I am not one who worries too much about today's "battles". They pass. The war doesn't. To say it differently, I could care less about Simms, Rice and Alstott and their issues, I am more concerned about the long term with the Bucs. They are not part of that, so why get all upset when posters espouse so called "conspiracies". When if you read behind it, they are either fair weather fans or haven't really done their homework and/or their hatred is really behind it.

Re-read some of these threads and you will see what I'm talking about.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

« #69 : August 15, 2007, 09:02:59 PM »

Are you serious with this comment? IF Simms kenw he had a ruptured spleen he would've been out of there, instantly. Let's not act like he knew and fought through it, give me a break. You have this emotional bond to Simms because of that injury, it's insanity. You're like a woman in that regard.

Damn.... I told this very statement to a guy today that was arguing that Simms laid "gave up his spleen" for this team... as if he did it willingly.

What a foolish statement. Simm played thru what he thought was dehydration. Had he known he was bleeding, he'd have gotten the hell off the field..... and rightfully so. PFT.com said it today... Simms has become a sympathetic figure in Tampa, to some!!!!

blitz

Pro Bowler
« #70 : August 15, 2007, 09:09:11 PM »

Chris wants to ride off into the sunset.   He's needs a year to get his head clear.   Welcome to free agency again.   The Bucs paid him a kings ransom for his valiant service. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #71 : August 16, 2007, 08:07:51 AM »

To say it differently, I could care less about Simms, Rice and Alstott and their issues, I am more concerned about the long term with the Bucs. They are not part of that, so why get all upset when posters espouse so called "conspiracies". When if you read behind it, they are either fair weather fans or haven't really done their homework and/or their hatred is really behind it.
I agree completely. It bugs me how the local media will hammer the team for letting go someone like Rice who is 33 years old, had two sacks last year, and is in the last year of his contract. It was his last year no matter how you slice it. None of the fan favoriates are going to be on the team the next time the Bucs are in the Super Bowl. The media needs to be more concerned about who that next group of players is going to be and not what happens to the old players in their last seasons. If I were a columnist and wanted to show how Gruden and Allen didn't know what they are doing, I'd be running tallies of yards by Larry Johnson, Steven Jackson, etc. Those guys could have been a part of the next Tampa Bay Super Bowl.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
  Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden-Can't make it any plainer than that « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools