Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stunner: Bianchi Responded « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

« : August 15, 2007, 04:24:05 PM »

It was a short reply, but a reply nontheless....his response to my letter was:

Ed:

Sorry you disagree with the premise of my column, but if you don't think the Bucs have a credibility problem I suggest you talk to many of the writers, players and coaches (both present and past). At any rate, I appreciate your feedback whether we agree or disagree. Keep reading and keep in touch.

Mike

I rebutted as follows:

Mike

I have spoken with former players and coaches and to a large degree, none of them really have anything to offer that is altogether negative.  I surmise that it is in large part due to the public scrutiny with which they'd fall.

As is the case with any large company, or in this case a football franchise, there is not going to be 100% agreement with how things are done or handled.

GM's and coaches take the heat when releasing a player, yet it is just fine for a player to hold out when he is still under contract. 

These things work both ways, but which side of the fence you are sitting, will dictate who you will side with.

And I will maintain to my grave that McKay was a far distance from total "dignity and decorum".  Considering the CAP hell that he left the Bucs in (by his own doing), and the totally unprofessional manner in which he bolted, I'd say Rich was far removed from being dignified.

The media spewed bullets about the current regime bringing in the "over the hill gang" aged players, but let a couple of 30+ guys go and you climb all over them.  Maybe it is nowadays fashionable to have your cake and eat it too.  But for those of us old enough to have witnessed the evolution of how sports works now, we try to see both sides.

And I am sorry you are "finding it harder and harder" to cover the Bucs.  I'd gladly be willing to take your position.  And in no way am I asking you to give merely "warm fuzzies" to the current brass.  Not by any stretch.  But when you bring up the old regime that is now over 5 years removed from Tampa Bay, I feel it is your responsibility as a journalist to be sure and include all the facts.  As mentioned in my first letter to you, you "conveniently" omitted the flaws of McKay and Dungy, so as not to "disturb" your intentions.

And please tell me, just what has Rich McKay done in Atlanta?  He had several seasons in Tampa with chances to win the Lombardi.  Why didn't he?

Lastly, what are your plans for your column should the Bucs come out of the gate firing?  I'm sure Rich McKay will somehow get credit for it.

Ed 

simmstheanswer

Starter

« #1 : August 15, 2007, 04:28:47 PM »

nice

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #2 : August 15, 2007, 04:31:19 PM »

Sorry you disagree with the premise of my column, but if you don't think the Bucs have a credibility problem I suggest you talk to many of the writers, players and coaches (both present and past). At any rate, I appreciate your feedback whether we agree or disagree. Keep reading and keep in touch.

Typical. "Talk to writers, players, and coaches" and see. Like the average fan can do much of that, if any at all. In other words, "I've got nothing".

« #3 : August 15, 2007, 04:32:46 PM »

DTG

Exactly!!!!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #4 : August 15, 2007, 04:35:44 PM »

Good stuff prefer, well done.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #5 : August 15, 2007, 04:37:31 PM »

Typical. "Talk to writers, players, and coaches" and see. Like the average fan can do much of that, if any at all. In other words, "I've got nothing".
Translation: I'd rather not have to think back and analyze the actual moves and non-moves that brought the team to where it is, so I'll just find a few disgruntled former employees to rattle off personal feelings and half-truths.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

superbuc

Practice Squad
« #6 : August 15, 2007, 04:40:59 PM »

Almost as bad as JP saying he "played high school football at a high level, has covered sports for 21 years, and has talked to players, coaches, and others."  I truly don't know what's happened to JP - he used to be so much more objective.

chcwarriorpoet

Second String

« #7 : August 15, 2007, 04:44:16 PM »

My letter to Bianchi:

Bianchi,

You're a journalistic hack.  Alstott's medical condition is his personal business and if he doesn't want something reported that is within his rights, furthermore that is for Alstott to make public not his position coach. If Dungy and McKay were so great why is it Ronde Barber called those years "A wasted opportunity." Why don't you check your facts, which Buc coach has won more division titles Gruden or Dungy? Gruden. Championships? Gruden. You're an embarrassment of a journalist just reporting your personal bias. The fact that you don't like Gruden and Allen makes me and my friends that are Bucs fans like the Buccaneers more. I'm just happy the print media is dying so losers like yourself will be out of a job in the near future. I wish you the worst, Charlie

P.S. I'll assume you agree with me deep down, because I bet you're too big a p*ssy to write me back. I'll never check out your paper again.

I was shocked but he actully responded:

Charles: Thanks for the feedback. It is always appreciated whether we agree or disagree.
_ Mike

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #8 : August 15, 2007, 05:03:58 PM »

It was a short reply, but a reply nontheless....his response to my letter was:

Ed:

Mike

I rebutted as follows:

Mike

I have spoken with former players and coaches and to a large degree, none of them really have anything to offer that is altogether negative.  I surmise that it is in large part due to the public scrutiny with which they'd fall.

As is the case with any large company, or in this case a football franchise, there is not going to be 100% agreement with how things are done or handled.

GM's and coaches take the heat when releasing a player, yet it is just fine for a player to hold out when he is still under contract. 

These things work both ways, but which side of the fence you are sitting, will dictate who you will side with.

And I will maintain to my grave that McKay was a far distance from total "dignity and decorum".  Considering the CAP hell that he left the Bucs in (by his own doing), and the totally unprofessional manner in which he bolted, I'd say Rich was far removed from being dignified.

The media spewed bullets about the current regime bringing in the "over the hill gang" aged players, but let a couple of 30+ guys go and you climb all over them.  Maybe it is nowadays fashionable to have your cake and eat it too.  But for those of us old enough to have witnessed the evolution of how sports works now, we try to see both sides.

And I am sorry you are "finding it harder and harder" to cover the Bucs.  I'd gladly be willing to take your position.  And in no way am I asking you to give merely "warm fuzzies" to the current brass.  Not by any stretch.  But when you bring up the old regime that is now over 5 years removed from Tampa Bay, I feel it is your responsibility as a journalist to be sure and include all the facts.  As mentioned in my first letter to you, you "conveniently" omitted the flaws of McKay and Dungy, so as not to "disturb" your intentions.

And please tell me, just what has Rich McKay done in Atlanta?  He had several seasons in Tampa with chances to win the Lombardi.  Why didn't he?

Lastly, what are your plans for your column should the Bucs come out of the gate firing?  I'm sure Rich McKay will somehow get credit for it.

Ed 

What an enjoyable letter.  True to form Bianchi proves with all the venom he can inspire his anger at being left out of the loop by the Bucs organization.   What a silly angry putz!!

ranman

Pro Bowler
« #9 : August 15, 2007, 06:15:33 PM »

While I disagree with the column and reply - I applaud the fact he manned up to you in lieu of no response at all.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

« #10 : August 15, 2007, 06:30:07 PM »

Another one of those 'truths' spewed out by a few media types. Everytime it comes up they point out a few
select players that complained about Gruden. But how many players have come and gone? Even guys like
Sapp who has no problem airing his issues had good things to say about JG. And guys like Keyshawn and
McCardell that initially have some gripes eventually say they would have no problem playing for the guy again.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

« #11 : August 15, 2007, 06:44:40 PM »

Thanks Prefer,
For those of us who do "prefer" to see the glass half full...i.e. objective fans

You must be accountable for your actions!

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #12 : August 15, 2007, 07:20:05 PM »

Do you really think Gruden gets any more negative press than any other HC in the NFL with a losing record?
Do you think people would be bashing him if we won the SB, Dungy got negative stories with a winning record, no not as many as Gruden is getting, but how many 5-11 and 4-12 seasons did Dungy have?. If we had had 14-2, 10-6, 11-5,12-4, and 10-6, there would not be so many local writers bashing him.

Have you not been a sports fan long, were you not here for the Vinny or even Dilfer days? I guess they can write about what a great coach he is and defend him for the losing season, and everytime they say something negative they can go over the draft picks he didn't have or the QB's he had or didn't have, and make excuses for the 4-12 season. I also guess the 11 News could just do stories about feeding the homeless, and run a photo essay of puppies, babies and baloons.

When you go 4-12 there is no way the Media is going to lay off and if you expect heartwarming stories or "This player who never took a snap in the NFL is on his way to the HOF" articles, then cancel your subscriptions NOW, to SI, ESPN, Times, Trib, etc... and go ahead and ask Jim or Scott to black out any of the negative things they do say about Gruden (the few).
We are a 4-12 team, and Gruden is getting treated like the coach of a 4-12 team. Having said that I don't even know who Bianchi is and I didn't read what he wrote.

« #13 : August 15, 2007, 07:52:20 PM »

UMGuy

FYI, I've been here for the Spurrier days, the Williams days, the Deberg days, Vinny, Erickson, Dilfer, King, all of them.  What's yourpoint if I may ask?

ranman

Pro Bowler
« #14 : August 15, 2007, 08:01:06 PM »

UMG,
My animosiy towards the press is not the 4-12 brow beating.  My animosity goes back to the last several years with the "won it with Dungy's team" drivel.  I haven't heard peep out of the NO press about Payton winning with Haslett's team - have you?
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stunner: Bianchi Responded « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools