Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stunner: Bianchi Responded « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

replica

Hall of Famer
« #15 : August 15, 2007, 08:29:08 PM »

Nice job Prefer, very professional & a good read.

LtFox

Starter

« #16 : August 15, 2007, 08:37:03 PM »

[
We are a 4-12 team, and Gruden is getting treated like the coach of a 4-12 team. Having said that I don't even know who Bianchi is and I didn't read what he wrote.

I

« #17 : August 15, 2007, 09:31:11 PM »

LtFox

Maybe you SHOULD have read the article before commenting on it.  The link to Bianchi's story is on the boards here.

Seems to me it would make more sense to read what is being commented on BEFORE commenting on it. 

Admitting you did not even read the story, yet chose to weigh in on it, does not make you look all to credible.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #18 : August 15, 2007, 09:53:12 PM »

The point has nothing to do with the results of the Bucs last season.  It won't matter if the Bucs went to the playoffs this season the " hate - filled agenda" won't stop.

When I sat in the stands last weekend I sat in a group of Buc fans that spent the whole game wishing for failure, the death of the Glazers, etc..  Left me just scratching my head!!  Even when the Bucs lined up for the winning kick some of them were stating the Bucs should go for the TD?

My only remark:   " I Thought the object of the game was to win"   with that I left wondering how on earth someone would have season tickets to something they obviously hated so much?

« #19 : August 15, 2007, 10:00:05 PM »

Runole,

Transplanted "fans"??  Maybe.  I lean more toward them being people that do not appreciate the game.  If they are working people, I wonder if they have gone through their respective occupational careers mistake-free.  If they are so astute at how the franchise should be coached, why do they not apply? 

And wishing death????  That is downright pathetic.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« #20 : August 15, 2007, 10:28:28 PM »

Prefer:  Thanks for writing to the columnist.  You saved me from ranting and raving which isn't good for my spritiutal evolution...it really isn't but I'm just kidding.  Sometimes one does wonder about all the negativity...sometimes I think we as humans never actually commun icate to each other.  Rather we stew in our own
bubble point of view...

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

« #21 : August 15, 2007, 10:31:20 PM »

Read the Phil press when Reid was 5-6 last year.  It was brutal, and Reid is many times the level of Gruden as a coach and personnel man.

Gruden went 4-12, he is getting treated accordingly, no more, no less. 

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #22 : August 15, 2007, 11:40:24 PM »

Read the Phil press when Reid was 5-6 last year.  It was brutal, and Reid is many times the level of Gruden as a coach and personnel man.

Gruden went 4-12, he is getting treated accordingly, no more, no less. 

I'm from NY and I can't recall a situation in which the FO and Coach were painted in such a negative fashion other than for what has gone on on the field of play. The extreme brow beating of the organization for every player let go, all the while criticizing the team for not getting younger, is odd at best. I still believe, as others have pointed out, that the basis for this lies in the fact that the Bucs do not give out much information to the press. Whether that's normal or not I am not sure however it does appear, at least as far as can be determined by a non media type such as me, that it is different than it was in the past. That has led to an abnormal tendency for the press to compare the two regimes. To me it seems far too personal to be simple criticism of the team as one might expect and we see in other towns in all sports.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

blitz

Pro Bowler
« #23 : August 16, 2007, 01:22:38 AM »

You might say Bianchi got reemed on this one.  Talk about a full court press.  Did I see a Garv post here too?

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/orlando-sentinel/TSTQINAGAN4TUDA13

gone

Hall of Famer
« #24 : August 16, 2007, 10:39:33 PM »

Quotes not working so:

From Curt 1995:"Read the Phil press when Reid was 5-6 last year.  It was brutal, and Reid is many times the level of Gruden as a coach and personnel man.

Gruden went 4-12, he is getting treated accordingly, no more, no less. "

Many times the man?  You refer to his weight?  Last Lombardi chec is Gruden 1 Reid 0.  Sorry troll, try again

From UMGuy199:

"Do you really think Gruden gets any more negative press than any other HC in the NFL with a losing record?
Do you think people would be bashing him if we won the SB, Dungy got negative stories with a winning record, no not as many as Gruden is getting, but how many 5-11 and 4-12 seasons did Dungy have?. If we had had 14-2, 10-6, 11-5,12-4, and 10-6, there would not be so many local writers bashing him.

Have you not been a sports fan long, were you not here for the Vinny or even Dilfer days? I guess they can write about what a great coach he is and defend him for the losing season, and everytime they say something negative they can go over the draft picks he didn't have or the QB's he had or didn't have, and make excuses for the 4-12 season. I also guess the 11 News could just do stories about feeding the homeless, and run a photo essay of puppies, babies and baloons.

When you go 4-12 there is no way the Media is going to lay off and if you expect heartwarming stories or "This player who never took a snap in the NFL is on his way to the HOF" articles, then cancel your subscriptions NOW, to SI, ESPN, Times, Trib, etc... and go ahead and ask Jim or Scott to black out any of the negative things they do say about Gruden (the few).
We are a 4-12 team, and Gruden is getting treated like the coach of a 4-12 team. Having said that I don't even know who Bianchi is and I didn't read what he wrote."

Actually at THIS board, most of us HAVE been around (unlike you it seems).  The local hack's crapfest on Gruden started the instant there was trouble between him and McKay.  Has NOTHING to do with 4-12, the knoves were out before then.  Your pathetic attempt is like saying "Islamists loved america until George Bush" -- completely ignorant of the history you profess to be versed in.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #25 : August 16, 2007, 11:45:26 PM »

Does this stuff always have to get rehashed? We get it.. the media loved Rich McKay because he was media friendly. They dislike Gruden because Gruden is not media friendly. Guess what Caradoc, media is like that EVERYWHERE, unless you are winning. Parcells was never nice to the media but they couldn't really destroy him because he was winning. Gruden needs to win to get the media off his back, plain and simple.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #26 : August 17, 2007, 08:10:55 AM »

He never responded to mine:

"'The New England Patriots, under perpetually miserable Coach Bill Belichick, are unlikable, too, but at least they are good.'

You spend an entire column ripping the Bucs for not spilling their guts to the media then throw in this about the Patriots. Which is it? Is it more important to be open or to win? Obviously to win. So if you have an issue with the organization why don’t you rip them for the moves and non-moves that put them in this situation and not ask a bunch emotional questions to disgruntled former players, many of whom have had problems at multiple different times and places in their careers? It’s a total cheap shot to pander to the fans sad about popular players leaving who still think the player is at an all-pro level. It happens to every team in every city. Stick to the facts. Tell us how Gruden and Allen could have better built this team for the future. And I DO NOT mean keep together the 2002 squad for eternity. Most of those guys are on their last legs. The 2001 Patriots team has like 5 players left. But Belichick has done a superb job bringing in good new players so people don’t notice. The Chargers didn’t get good again until they got rid of Seau and Harrison. Does anyone in San Diego care about how they were treated? No. They went 14-2 last season with the new players. Ask the question where and who are the new players Gruden and Allen have brought in and could have brought in. That’s the story."

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #27 : August 17, 2007, 08:28:52 AM »

FRG-very good post, I don't rip Gruden for the way he and Allen aren't open I rip Gruden because I don't think he can evaluate young talent worth a darn.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

« #28 : August 17, 2007, 08:51:31 AM »

FRG-very good post, I don't rip Gruden for the way he and Allen aren't open I rip Gruden because I don't think he can evaluate young talent worth a darn.

Up to this point that is a glaring weakness...that and he can't consistently stick with the same QB

You must be accountable for your actions!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #29 : August 17, 2007, 09:17:26 AM »

Up to this point that is a glaring weakness...that and he can't consistently stick with the same QB

One might ask: who has been worth sticking with?
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stunner: Bianchi Responded « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools