Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schefter on NFL Network « previous next »
Page: 1 2

skip

Starter

« : August 16, 2007, 11:34:19 AM »

Who would you rather have on your roster? Gradkowski who can't throw a ball over 20 yards accurately or Simms who still could be the future of this team when he gets his groove back. I say put Grads on the practice squad, I doubt anyone will grab him and if they do good luck to them.
By the way they could put Simms on the IR, I am sure its done all the time.

« #1 : August 15, 2007, 09:34:16 PM »

Adam Schefter was asked his thoughts on Chris Simms on NFL Network this evening.

Schefter stated that it isn't likely the Bucs would release Simms.  He went on to say that Simms is rusty from the layoff and will need more time than the others to get back on track.  Further, he stated that the Bucs were not likely ready to toss him under the bus after re-signing him last year.

Time will tell.

donny77

Starter

« #2 : August 15, 2007, 09:39:42 PM »

Here is the interesting problem though:

Jeff Garcia, Starter.
Luke McCown, Backup.
Bruce Gradkowski, Gruden QB, only 2nd year.
Chris Simms, "Rusty."

Do we keep 4?  We can't afford that.  Gradkowski cut?  I just don't see doing that when Chris isn't "ready" to go.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #3 : August 15, 2007, 09:40:12 PM »

Adam Schefter was asked his thoughts on Chris Simms on NFL Network this evening.

Schefter stated that it isn't likely the Bucs would release Simms. He went on to say that Simms is rusty from the layoff and will need more time than the others to get back on track. Further, he stated that the Bucs were not likely ready to toss him under the bus after re-signing him last year.

Time will tell.

Yep, a few more months and he will be back to his old self, having passes tipped at the line and 1-yard sideline passes intercepted for touchdowns.  Seriously, at his best this guy was a poor fit.  Who cares if he's rusty or not, keeping him on the roster makes zero sense.  He can't even run a scout team.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #4 : August 15, 2007, 09:48:23 PM »

Simms will be IRed most likely. 

If not be prepared to see the BINGO/Kniting/Needpoint/Book reading/clay sculpting/woodwork/antique collectors/19th century art impressionists/coloring books/baking/Math/Science/Geography/stamp collectors/ancient studies/Neo-Feminists/ clubs protest the Bucs unfair, unjustifed release of the Chris Simms. 

« #5 : August 15, 2007, 10:02:03 PM »

ADW

Will just go in line with some of the "class" of the boards here.

Some simply cannot debate without being disgusting.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
« #6 : August 15, 2007, 10:12:43 PM »

Simms will be IRed most likely. 

If not be prepared to see the BINGO/Kniting/Needpoint/Book reading/clay sculpting/woodwork/antique collectors/19th century art impressionists/coloring books/baking/Math/Science/Geography/stamp collectors/ancient studies/Neo-Feminists/ clubs protest the Bucs unfair, unjustifed release of the Chris Simms. 

I don't think the Bucs can IR some one who is physically capable of playing. 

Gruden sounded today like IR was off the table.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« #7 : August 15, 2007, 10:18:58 PM »

deej.  That's what I heard today too.  What would be the cap hit if he was released flat out?

Badbud8

Second String

« #8 : August 16, 2007, 05:55:04 AM »

You can not put a player on IR if he is not "Hurt",ie 'Rusty" is not something you can put on IR.

They will out right release him, they have cap room to take the hit.

Will do it sooner than later,I dont see any team who has watched him this camp picking him up.

« #9 : August 16, 2007, 09:47:13 AM »

In another thread, I think Bradentonian said the cap hit would be about $ 1 mil.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #10 : August 16, 2007, 11:59:14 AM »

Who would you rather have on your roster? Gradkowski who can't throw a ball over 20 yards accurately or Simms who still could be the future of this team when he gets his groove back.

Honestly?

Gradkowski.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #11 : August 16, 2007, 12:23:54 PM »

Who would you rather have on your roster? Gradkowski who can't throw a ball over 20 yards accurately or Simms who still could be the future of this team when he gets his groove back. I say put Grads on the practice squad, I doubt anyone will grab him and if they do good luck to them.
By the way they could put Simms on the IR, I am sure its done all the time.

Ok, let's clear up a few things:

- Simms is not the future of this team
- He may never get his groove back
- Gradkowski is not eligible for the practice squad
- Simms would have to have his injury status changed to go on IR

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #12 : August 16, 2007, 12:25:23 PM »

DTG, quit confusing everybody with the facts.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

« #13 : August 16, 2007, 12:26:09 PM »

I wouldnt be surprised if Simms' injury status changes

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #14 : August 16, 2007, 12:44:15 PM »

I think they will do something similar as they did with Boston.

That is, we have to let you go son but we want you back next year. As soon as the season is done we will sign you back!
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schefter on NFL Network « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools