Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schefter on NFL Network « previous next »
Page: 1 2

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 16, 2007, 12:46:07 PM

I wouldnt be surprised if Simms' injury status changes

Delayed prioceptostroudism?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 16, 2007, 12:49:49 PM

Delayed prioceptostroudism?

How about "previously undiagnosed"?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 16, 2007, 12:57:31 PM

Adam is wrong. Simms will be released. Gradkowski ain't much, but he's ahead of Simms at this point. Simms struggles too much when he is right, and he's not right.
 I would almost say Shaun King would be better right now, but I just can't just can't do it. Nobody is that bad.

Good luck Chris. You're going to need it.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 17, 2007, 12:58:17 AM

Gradkowski or Simms? How about NEITHER. All this talk about us having ''all those quarterbacks'' and Plummer's not here, McCown is a question mark and Garcia is a grandpa-in-training. We need to draft a QB in 2008 in the worst way and dump all these ne'er do wells.

In Verner We Trust

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#19 : August 17, 2007, 08:31:59 AM

We really shouldn't have the future QB on this roster if it is not Simms.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 17, 2007, 06:48:54 PM

Who would you rather have on your roster? Gradkowski who can't throw a ball over 20 yards accurately or Simms who still could be the future of this team when he gets his groove back. I say put Grads on the practice squad, I doubt anyone will grab him and if they do good luck to them.
By the way they could put Simms on the IR, I am sure its done all the time.

First Grads isn't eligible for the practice squad [do some research].  2nd this is a wco offence, I'd take the short to intermediate route QB over a guy that can't run, can't throw over the line of defenders and has no touch to dump off to the flats.  He's a one trick pony ... he can throw deep - and it sounds like he's a year away from doing that effectively ... a year off would do him good.  I've never thought he was the future.  He couldn't be the guy in college and he'll never be the guy here.  He's digressed instead of progressing.  IMO is a simple choice - Simms is the odd man out.

As far as Grads not having the arm to throw over 20 yards ... that was the knock on Tom Brady his first couple years ... I'm not saying he'll be a Tom Brady, but LIKE Brady his deep ball accuracy will increase in time.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schefter on NFL Network « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools