Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New To Pewter Report « previous next »
Page: 1

: August 17, 2007, 12:57:27 AM

Hi Buc Fans!!!

I was just referred to this site and must say I'm impressed and excited to finally have found a site with "SOME" devout Buc fans. I've been screening the site for a month now by reading threads, Scott & Jim's reporting news from Camp,  and to my surprise reading angry posts regarding our HC Jon Gruden ( Huh) ; Nonetheless, I decided to finally register and hopefully be accepted amongst the "family" here.

I've moved to Tampa recently from Chicago and to be honest, Bear fans are very dedicated and there isn't much animosity there with there Team in comparison to Buc fans. I hate to say this but, it's kinda disappointing to see how many Buc fans have disgust towards our HC and staff. As I listen in to some local sports talk in attempt to get pumped for the upcoming season my mouth dropped at listening to the vast ridiculous conspiracy theories about Alstott, Simeon and Q-Man. I just couldn't believe my ears. Really, I'm simply introducing myself and expressing my thoughts about the Fan Base here in Tampa. I love Football, Love Florida, and have been a Buc fan for 10 years now. I'm not Big on arguments and please I'm not trying to create a Thread that is intended for dispute, I just hope to be accepted here.

Thanks for reading my thread Buc Fans

Here's hoping for a Fantastic Season!! Grin

GO BUCS!

one_of_a_kind24

Rookie

#1 : August 17, 2007, 01:04:06 AM

Welcome to the forum.

T

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 17, 2007, 01:42:18 AM

Welcome, and as always GO Bucs!!!

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#3 : August 17, 2007, 02:04:32 AM

welcome aboard...im kinda new myself.  and i agree, it baffles me how much hatred towards a head coach and GM a lot of Buc fans have even after he brought us our 1st superbowl ever.  and the funny thing is, he could bring us another 1 in 4-5 more years and they'd still complain about the off years in between.

#4 : August 17, 2007, 02:08:40 AM

Hey Chucky, Thanks for the welcome. It saddens me, especially now that I'm living in Tampa and being witness to the decay of fans here. I just don't understand it.

Anyway, I'm an optimist and love what Bruce & Jon are doing for the team.

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 17, 2007, 07:24:56 AM

We're glad you found PewterReport.com. We think a die-hard Bucs fan like yourself will like it here.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 17, 2007, 07:34:34 AM

Welcome aboard!

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 17, 2007, 07:41:34 AM

Don't pay attention to the hate mongers. When the Bucs are in the playoffs, they'll jump back on the band wagon and be front runners again.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#8 : August 17, 2007, 08:09:10 AM

Okay, I'm a Buc fan, but you've got to be a little skeptical about things when your favorite team has only one winning season in the last four and just got off of a 4 win season (barely 4 wins, remember the Matt Bryant FG?).   No one is a HATE MONGER - 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 17, 2007, 08:55:05 AM

Welcome all.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 17, 2007, 08:56:04 AM

welcome

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#11 : August 17, 2007, 11:41:38 AM

Okay, I'm a Buc fan, but you've got to be a little skeptical about things when your favorite team has only one winning season in the last four and just got off of a 4 win season (barely 4 wins, remember the Matt Bryant FG?). No one is a HATE MONGER -

not trying to stir up an argument...but i think this 1 out of 4 speech everybody says is really lame.  Gruden has been here 5 yrs and it's almost as if the 2002 season never happened to a lot of you guys.  If you're gonna preach the losing season shpeel...why not say 2 out of 5, i mean seriously?(oh and if you're gonna say anything about the Matt Bryant win do you remember the Martin Grammatica missed 3 field goals and extra point that gave us a losing season in '03)

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#12 : August 17, 2007, 11:48:25 AM

<but you've got to be a little skeptical about things when your favorite team has only one winning season in the last four >

Maybe..but some just take it to another level. And the season hasn't even started yet. Preseason is
the time for everyone to be optimistic...nothing wrong with that. Hell with a mortgage, family,
rising taxes, rising insurance..ect..I realize there are important things to be 'concerned' about.
Some of these people just seem to be generally miserable and it really doesn't matter who the coach
is. Anyway...fairly new to the board and agree with your comments..welcome.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New To Pewter Report « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools