Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was Gruden too soft this TC? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: August 17, 2007, 08:57:08 AM

Lots of 1/2 days, lots of shells, was Gruden too soft on the players this TC?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 17, 2007, 08:58:21 AM

Consdiering a lot of people seem to think this way (deja vu anyone?) I say it does not matter to me as long as he lets them play in pre season for a bit.

If they do not play a whole lot in pre season then I would be concerned.
No I would be really dissapointed if that turned out to be the case.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#2 : August 17, 2007, 11:28:51 AM

i dont think our team can afford any injuries and nobody got hurt so id say no.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 17, 2007, 11:32:20 AM

Dude really can't win, can he?

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=11331.0

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#4 : August 17, 2007, 11:40:34 AM

They had something like 18 guys taking IV's after practice Monday..I'm not sure what
people want out them. This past month has seemed hot..even by Florida standards.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#5 : August 17, 2007, 01:11:06 PM

Considering all the 30-somethings we have on the team, riding them too hard might have been a mistake, so maybe he did the right thing. I guess we will find out in the 4th QTR of the 9th or 10th game.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 17, 2007, 01:13:25 PM

Simply a topic for discussion, that's all. There's no agenda

acacius

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 17, 2007, 01:22:50 PM

Simply a topic for discussion, that's all. There's no agenda

I hadn't really meant to suggest that you had one.  It just gave me something of a double-take since I'd remembered the other thread.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 17, 2007, 01:23:58 PM

It was very hot this training camp is not an excuse. They have one of the best training facilities around. They were 4-12 last year after they took it easy during training camp and didn't let their starters play in the preseason. Here's a tip...try something new cause what you've been doing isn't working!

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 17, 2007, 01:34:02 PM

cause what you've been doing isn't working!

Certainly didn't last year but let's face it, the team was awful last year. I have confidence that Gruden knows what he's doing but if you have a lousy team the best TC in the world isn't going to help you.

JC510

Practice Squad

#10 : August 17, 2007, 03:03:29 PM

This team should be practicing in the middle of nowhere instead of at fancy Disney World and then getting to practice inside when its too hot. This team has the attitude of a soft and pass oriented team.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 17, 2007, 03:55:50 PM

This team should be practicing in the middle of nowhere instead of at fancy Disney World and then getting to practice inside when its too hot. This team has the attitude of a soft and pass oriented team.

like San Fran in the 80's

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 17, 2007, 04:07:40 PM

Perhaps, but I've read/heard elsewhere that soft seems to be the way things are going this year for a lot of teams. I can't remember where I saw it, but an NFL source noted that tackling for example, was reduced a ton because teams are too afraid to lose players to injury.  

I think you have to go year by year with teams - I'm not sure there's a sole correct way to run a camp. Ray Perkins used to run these guys ragged and they had the worst facilities in football but it didn't seem to have a positive effect.  In fact, I always felt like the Perkins teams looked exhausted down the stretch. Culverhouse's "Lombardi" lost 8 games down the stretch in '87; in '89 they started 3-2 then lost 5 straight, squeaked out 2 by a combined 2 points, then lost 4 straight to finish the season. In '90, a 4-2 start ended up 6-10.  

In the America's Game series, DeMarco Farr talks about how the early Vermeil camps for the Rams were as beastly as any in the league, but in '99 Vermeil took the foot off the peddle.  My take away is good coaches know when to go hard and no went to take it easy. Vermiel was trying to weed out the bums in his first couple of seasons so he needed it to be hard. By '99 the bums were weeded out.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#13 : August 17, 2007, 04:12:08 PM

It was very hot this training camp is not an excuse. They have one of the best training facilities around. They were 4-12 last year after they took it easy during training camp and didn't let their starters play in the preseason. Here's a tip...try something new cause what you've been doing isn't working!

BornaBuck..it seems every post I read of yours your complaining. I thought..well maybe it just seems that way.
So I went and read your last 30 posts or so. No..it wsn't my imagination. You even say in one post
you only went to a game because some buddy was in the band.  :- :-
If that's the only reason you went to a Buc game..well..'enuf said' as they say.

JC510

Practice Squad

#14 : August 17, 2007, 04:27:59 PM

like San Fran in the 80's

Yea, just without Montana and Rice.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was Gruden too soft this TC? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools