Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Grads from Monday PC « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

: November 06, 2006, 11:10:03 AM

Gradkowski is going to be the QB, there is going to be some growing pains, there will be ups and downs, but he has talent and its exciting.

I am going to say this about the guy, the last two drives before the break he made some awesome plays, AWSOME.

Bruce and Hackett are working hard right now, and he is going to be one hell of a player, I guarantee it.

Looks like Gruden’s mind is made up, there will be no 1st round QB, and Grads is the future.  I never heard Gruden speak in such glowing terms about Simms.

BucsAddict

Starter

#1 : November 06, 2006, 11:15:12 AM

that gets you all tingly inside, doesnt it.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 06, 2006, 11:16:27 AM

that gets you all tingly inside, doesnt it.

No not really, I want the best for the Bucs and right now that is Grads.  If they had a better option I will gladly pay for the kids one-way ticket out of town and drive him to the airport.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 06, 2006, 11:18:26 AM

I believe in Grad, he will be very good with more playing time.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 06, 2006, 11:24:42 AM

I believe in Grad, he will be very good with more playing time.

Gruden is positively gushing about this kid.  I know he looks a little iffy some of the time, but he is a first year rookie.  He needs to start showing progress by the end of the season, but Gruden definitely isn’t worried at the moment.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 06, 2006, 11:29:37 AM

So what was the "Play of the Drive" on the 11-play march that got the score to 17-14?

3-7-TB44   (1:20) B.Gradkowski scrambles left end to NO 48 for 8 yards (F.Thomas).

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 06, 2006, 11:30:11 AM

Props to SR, great questions bro. Finally we could hear the questions and who was asking them.  Sorry the thing moved along so fast I didn't write them down.  I did hear the Mahan question and was not happy with the response...he gave him the vote of confidence which tells me Dan is not going to be back for Carolina.  Hope I'm wrong there...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#7 : November 06, 2006, 11:31:33 AM

Ron and Ian are idiots. They keep bashing Gruden for not giving any "answers". Do they actually think he will throw his players or coaches under the bus? Or that he'll actually go through all his desicions, on and off the field, and tell everyone where he thinks he messed up? ...they just need something to make a stink about and get people to call in...

and yes, SR did have some nice questions....though Gru cut him off a bit on the last one.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 06, 2006, 11:31:59 AM

Gruden's answer on Gradkowski was pretty much like my own answer on Gradkowski earlier this morning. He might be getting more predictable.  ;)

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 06, 2006, 11:32:07 AM

Ron and Ian are idiots.

yep

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 06, 2006, 11:34:49 AM

Ron and Ian are idiots. They keep bashing Gruden for not giving any "answers". Do they actually think he will throw his players or coaches under the bus? Or that he'll actually go through all his desicions, on and off the field, and tell everyone where he thinks he messed up? ...they just need something to make a stink about and get people to call in...

I don't like Ron, but I respect Ian. I don't think Gruden's conferences are as terrible as they make them sound, but I think Beckles does have some credibility. It's his opinion.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 06, 2006, 11:36:51 AM

but I think Beckles does have some credibility

wrong!

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 06, 2006, 11:39:09 AM

He fits the scheme very well;

Scrambles when needed and will get better at it.
He has thrown enough long balls with touch to show you promise in that area.
He hasnt gotten hurt yet with all the hits on him, so he is shoing duribility.
In the 4th quarter, he still looked like he was having fun playing even though they were not doing to well.  I saw leadership. 

You have to remember that Simms was suppose to be the man this year.  He was supoose to step up and take this teams offense to a new level and instead took 10 steps back and lost the first 4 games pretty much by himself.

I dont see how all this is Grudens fault. 

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 06, 2006, 11:41:03 AM

There are reporters out there who I think are completely biased and foolish in their opinions, but I think they still have some credibility if they have actually played the game on the professional level. I can't stand Michael Irvin, but he's been in the NFL. Ian Beckles might be completely biased or wrong (in some people's opinions), but he's played on that level. He has an insight to that level that millions of fans do not have, and I respect that. I don't agree with him all the time, but I do respect the fact that he probably knows more about the NFL than many of us do.

It's the same as a fan thinking they know more about the game than an NFL coach.

coopsxx

Starter
#14 : November 06, 2006, 11:47:27 AM

For all the idiots who want us to take a qb in round one, look at Drew Brees - who struggled at the start of his career, they drafted his replacement, then he shined. It takes time but Grads is gonna be a great QB, i know it frustrated alot of the fans when he checks down, but thats smart QB play. Something most rookies dont do which is why they are throwing alot more INT's as he is
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Grads from Monday PC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools