Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Grads from Monday PC « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 06, 2006, 11:48:12 AM

Who is the cheddar**CENSORED** with Ron and Ian? That guy has no clue what's going on......

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#16 : November 06, 2006, 11:49:42 AM

I don't think it matters right now as to our choice of QBs.

Throw McCown in? You get the same amount of experience that Grad brings to the table with slightly less mobility because of a less than 100% knee.

Draft a QB next year in the first round? Go back to square one, like "Chutes and Ladders", because the rookie is going to have the same growing pains as Grads is having this year.

The best choice is to let Grads play out the season, let McCown and Simms get fully healthy and ready for Training Camp and the other off season activities and let the three of them battle it out.

G-Snake

Rookie

#17 : November 06, 2006, 12:54:29 PM

Now that it's settled. Draft Ginn/Johnson! Bucs will have a top 5 pick, so don't blow it on some useless o-lineman, or some defensive end.

If possible, make trades for second rounders, and then go defense the rest of the draft.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 06, 2006, 12:53:06 PM

The best choice is to let Grads play out the season, let McCown and Simms get fully healthy and ready for Training Camp and the other off season activities and let the three of them battle it out.

I am not sure if Simms will want to stay in Tampa to battle it out in camp.  He has struggled with the system and to be quite honest Gruden has been very tough on him.  I am sure the Bucs will make some sort of offer to Simms in FA, but he will probably get a better offer elsewhere. 

Sometimes in life you just have to move on and accept you were in the wrong place and the wrong time.  This happens in every walk of life, and just because Simms fails in Tampa doesn’t mean he is a failure.  His best chance of success is probably away from coach Gruden and in a different system. IMO

T

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 06, 2006, 12:58:04 PM

Well if Gruden is committed to Grads he better surrond him with better weapons, so he can be successful. Even Manning & Brady would look horrible behind that offensive line and with only one proven weapon to go to. I didn't think the Bucs were as good as they were last year, but I never imagined they'd be this bad.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 06, 2006, 12:58:58 PM

Now that it's settled. Draft Ginn/Johnson! Bucs will have a top 5 pick, so don't blow it on some useless o-lineman, or some defensive end.

Huh?

???

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 06, 2006, 12:59:41 PM

If possible, make trades for second rounders, and then go defense the rest of the draft.

We are stinking up the joint but right now we have the 9th pick in the draft.   >:(  

We can only hope we muscle our way into the top five with some more stellar performances from our bunch of desperado's.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 06, 2006, 01:21:40 PM

Unless Grad is shown the door at the end of the season, which unless he completely stinks it up between now and then is not going to happen, it makes absolutely no sense in drafting a QB in the 1st round. The reason being is that we either spend big bucks for a 'veteran' QB and big bucks on a rookie QB which makes no sense at all, or we have a rookie and a 2nd year guy competing for the starters job. Anybody see that happen?

I think the more likely scenario is that we sign a QB in FA. If a Schaub falls into our lap then we spend the big bucks regardless how Grad has been, otherwise we bring in someone reasonably competent to 'compete'.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#23 : November 06, 2006, 01:31:19 PM

Unless Grad is shown the door at the end of the season, which unless he completely stinks it up between now and then is not going to happen, it makes absolutely no sense in drafting a QB in the 1st round. The reason being is that we either spend big bucks for a 'veteran' QB and big bucks on a rookie QB which makes no sense at all, or we have a rookie and a 2nd year guy competing for the starters job. Anybody see that happen?

I think the more likely scenario is that we sign a QB in FA. If a Schaub falls into our lap then we spend the big bucks regardless how Grad has been, otherwise we bring in someone reasonably competent to 'compete'.

Why is every one so hung up on Schaub? What has he done in the NFL? At this point, Grads has more gametime experience than Schaub has and has better numbers. I would not want to spend big money on a unproven guy like Schaub just because people think he has some potential from his whopping 2 starts in 3 years in ATL

spartan

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 06, 2006, 01:34:00 PM

I used Schaub merely because he is deemed to be the top QB FA at this time.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#25 : November 06, 2006, 01:41:31 PM

I used Schaub merely because he is deemed to be the top QB FA at this time.

Gotcha, but to me that just shows how weak the QB FA class is in 2007 if Schaub is the top guy. A guy like Schaub will need time to gain game-time experience and develop, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in for a reasonable contract and letting him compete for a spot at TC. But that's it.   I think if the Bucs are going to throw their $$$ around they need to use it towards the best proven young FAs whether it be on offense or defense not on unproven players

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 06, 2006, 02:07:45 PM

I believe in Grad, he will be very good with more playing time.

if we can get him in the shotgun formation

#27 : November 06, 2006, 02:18:32 PM

I believe in Grad, he will be very good with more playing time.
Agreed.

defntlydiffrnt

Starter

#28 : November 06, 2006, 02:26:41 PM

I like Grads.  I'm on the kid's bandwagon and quite honestly, it's one of the best things of watching a Bucs game.  You get to see the maturation of several rookie players.  I dig it even if it comes with the growing pains and losses.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#29 : November 06, 2006, 02:35:41 PM

It doesn't matter what anybody thinks besides Gruden. Gruden is sold on Gradkowski, we've known that for a while and now we have seen even more that he is sold on Gradkowski.

Gradkowski is the QB that Gruden is either going to live or die with. He may die with him, but he won't live without him. That's it...win or lose he is our guy.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Grads from Monday PC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools