Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Grads from Monday PC « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 06, 2006, 02:45:19 PM

It doesn't matter what anybody thinks besides Gruden. Gruden is sold on Gradkowski, we've known that for a while and now we have seen even more that he is sold on Gradkowski.

Gradkowski is the QB that Gruden is either going to live or die with. He may die with him, but he won't live without him. That's it...win or lose he is our guy.

what he said ^

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 06, 2006, 02:52:17 PM

I believe in Grad, he will be very good with more playing time.
Agreed.

I agree too. 1 pick in 5 games for a 6th Round rookie QB is remarkable.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 06, 2006, 05:08:16 PM

Anyone listening to WADE.........Gruden showing the love for Grads again.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#33 : November 06, 2006, 05:14:58 PM

At this point one has to have some faith that Gruden really is right in his analysis of Grad's upside.  Given what he did with Gannon and Brad, I have to think he sees Bruce as ideal for his offense.  He clearly is staking his future with Bruce and that means he will be probably be the QB until Gruden no longer the HC.

Gruden is not going to bring in another new QB (vet or otherwise) to try to learn his offense in what could be his final season if the Bucs don't get better.

skip

Starter

#34 : November 06, 2006, 05:20:56 PM

Gruden reminds me of George Bush selling his war in Iraq. Gradkowski isin't the answer here, too small, no arm. Arm strength means you can throw a 10 yard out pattern on a rope, not just throw up a 40 yard pass with a gusting wind at your back. If one can't see Gradkowski lacks arm strength then your not paying attention.

gone

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 06, 2006, 05:36:36 PM

The best choice is to let Grads play out the season, let McCown and Simms get fully healthy and ready for Training Camp and the other off season activities and let the three of them battle it out.

I am not sure if Simms will want to stay in Tampa to battle it out in camp.  He has struggled with the system and to be quite honest Gruden has been very tough on him.  I am sure the Bucs will make some sort of offer to Simms in FA, but he will probably get a better offer elsewhere. 

Sometimes in life you just have to move on and accept you were in the wrong place and the wrong time.  This happens in every walk of life, and just because Simms fails in Tampa doesn’t mean he is a failure.  His best chance of success is probably away from coach Gruden and in a different system. IMO

He won't need a "better offer"  He'll take any offer he gets.  He won't come back...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 06, 2006, 06:48:37 PM

The best choice is to let Grads play out the season, let McCown and Simms get fully healthy and ready for Training Camp and the other off season activities and let the three of them battle it out.

I am not sure if Simms will want to stay in Tampa to battle it out in camp.  He has struggled with the system and to be quite honest Gruden has been very tough on him.  I am sure the Bucs will make some sort of offer to Simms in FA, but he will probably get a better offer elsewhere. 

Sometimes in life you just have to move on and accept you were in the wrong place and the wrong time.  This happens in every walk of life, and just because Simms fails in Tampa doesn’t mean he is a failure.  His best chance of success is probably away from coach Gruden and in a different system. IMO

He won't need a "better offer"  He'll take any offer he gets.  He won't come back...

i concur.

gone

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 06, 2006, 07:07:31 PM

It's getting pretty clear that whatever Gru looks for in a QB, he feels he's found it.  He hasn't talked about at QB like this since he came here.  He's thrown the occasional bone, but nothing like what's been going on since TC.  I'm on the Grads wagon, and I base it on a few things:
1) Gru was all about him in TC, he clearly saw something early.
2) I don't recall any rookie QBs looking quite as good around here in preseason
3) Statisticaly hes the best rookie QB this year, above 2 rd 1's.  That says A LOT
4)  He's pretty clearly holding back while he learns, not taking chances.  I think he capable of more yardage and a higher % but that would come at the cost of several INT's, and he's not doing that.
5) Outsiders seem pretty impressed.  While I don't hold that great a stock in what "the media" says, there's really nothing negative coming out about him

Gruden seems to have staked his star to the guy, and that's a pretty high endorsement -- other than some disgruntled fans, Trolls, and Simms-Crushers, I don't think anyone would disagree with that.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 06, 2006, 07:31:01 PM

Not just Gruden.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 06, 2006, 07:33:47 PM

Not just Gruden.

His charisma shines through IMO.  I saw something very different about him the first time I saw him on TV, even before he played in Prue-season.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#40 : November 06, 2006, 07:50:37 PM

I believe Bruce is the reason Gruden hasn't had a meltdown yet. He sees the future with this kid and almost seems giddy about it. I think he believes with a year under Grad's belt and the improvements through FA and the draft that he can turn it around pretty quickly. I bet that's what Allen and the Glazers think too.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#41 : November 06, 2006, 08:36:42 PM

It's getting pretty clear that whatever Gru looks for in a QB, he feels he's found it. He hasn't talked about at QB like this since he came here. He's thrown the occasional bone, but nothing like what's been going on since TC. I'm on the Grads wagon, and I base it on a few things:
2) I don't recall any rookie QBs looking quite as good around here in preseason
3) Statisticaly hes the best rookie QB this year, above 2 rd 1's. That says A LOT
4) He's pretty clearly holding back while he learns, not taking chances. I think he capable of more yardage and a higher % but that would come at the cost of several INT's, and he's not doing that.
5) Outsiders seem pretty impressed. While I don't hold that great a stock in what "the media" says, there's really nothing negative coming out about him

Gruden seems to have staked his star to the guy, and that's a pretty high endorsement -- other than some disgruntled fans, Trolls, and Simms-Crushers, I don't think anyone would disagree with that.
Well, I can only assume that I missed the give away at 1 Buc of Grad glasses. For the life of me I don't see what you people see. And I think Gru has either lost it or is pumping him up so people won't see how truely bad things are. I have no hope whatsoever & will wear black to the rest of our games.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 06, 2006, 08:37:55 PM

For the life of me I don't see what you people see.

Obviously.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#43 : November 06, 2006, 08:45:52 PM

For the life of me I don't see what you people see.

Obviously.
How inciteful. Take off the Chucky glasses.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 06, 2006, 08:49:14 PM

How inciteful. Take off the Chucky glasses.

I don't feel that it was an inciteful comment. It was insightful, to be sure, but not inciteful.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Grads from Monday PC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools