Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: T.O. becoming children's book author « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
: October 06, 2006, 01:38:41 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15155441/

Cowboys star's first book, 'Little T Learns to Share,' comes out next month

MSNBC News Services
Updated: 10:26 a.m. ET Oct. 6, 2006

Controversial Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens has a knack for making the headlines, and he's adding a new wrinkle: as an author.

Owens, who suffered an accidental overdose of pain medication last week that was first thought to be an attempted suicide, will release a children's book in mid-November, called "Little T Learns to Share," the Dallas Morning News reported Friday.

The book, published by BenBella Books, is about a young boy learning the value of sharing. Little T at first refuses to share his football but then learns that there's no fun in it if he doesn't share the ball with his friends, the Dallas Morning News added.

"I tried to play outside alone and throw it by myself, but football isn't football unless you play with someone else," Little T says to his mother.

And this won't be Owens' only book. As part of his Timeout Series, the star will release a second book entitled "Little T Learns What Not to Say," due out in spring 2007, and a third one called "Little T Learns To Say I'm Sorry," set for fall 2007.

"It's a life lesson for discipline," co-author Courtney Parker told the Dallas Morning News. "It's ironic because he's considered one of the more undisciplined players in the NFL."

Parker has known T.O. since they were freshmen at Tennessee-Chattanooga.

Owens talked with Parker about writing a book after he was released by the Eagles in 2005.

"We're watching television and the commentator said, T.O.'s behavior is so childish," Parker said. "And then (Owens) says, `That's not a bad idea for a book. It should be about discipline since the world thinks I have none."

#1 : October 06, 2006, 01:48:11 PM

by 'author' I'm sure they mean "Athlete with name slapped on book who had little to nothing to actually do with writing"

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#2 : October 06, 2006, 10:44:17 PM

How about Little T learns to shut up? :-X

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 06, 2006, 10:47:33 PM

How about Little T learns a hard lesson from Mr.T.?

How about Little T learns to count with pills?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#4 : October 06, 2006, 10:58:11 PM

Like the avatar, Boid. You & your smilies! ;D Let's start a thread to get the green, nodding smiley back.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 06, 2006, 11:05:06 PM

Like the avatar, Boid. You & your smilies! ;D Let's start a thread to get the green, nodding smiley back.

I do miss the green smilie.

I wish this site would incorporate a lot more, to be honest.  But I guess it ain't gonna happen, so I will stop whining...a few threads from now. ;)

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 06, 2006, 11:51:40 PM

smilies here are lame, I would have thought they would use the same ones BUT add some new ones, instead they have these blurry pieces of garbage...

I like the old format better, period.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#7 : October 07, 2006, 02:50:08 AM

i cant believe somebody is actually going to publish a book with TO's name....none the less a childrens book

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 07, 2006, 02:53:45 AM

I guess if Madonna can "write" children's books, anyone can. 

calehawkins

Second String

#9 : October 07, 2006, 06:43:11 AM

This is just a gimmick to try to "clear" TO's name a little, IMO.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 07, 2006, 07:59:18 AM

Who knows more than TO about childish behavior? I think it's brilliant and I wonder whose idea it was.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 07, 2006, 12:47:47 PM

His next book:  Little T get jacked up by Brian Dawkins.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 07, 2006, 12:50:32 PM

all I know is this weekend Im pulling for TO... make those **CENSORED**s in Philly cry

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#13 : October 07, 2006, 03:19:24 PM

all I know is this weekend Im pulling for TO... make those **CENSORED**s in Philly cry

strangely enough, i am also, i hate TO, but i hate the eagles even more

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: T.O. becoming children's book author « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools