Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I think Im surrounded by morons « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: November 06, 2006, 11:41:50 AM

I was listening to the radio today and everyone from the hosts, buc fans calling in, and even Chip Carter are complete morons!

First off I am tired of the Tony Dungy love fest. DUNGY IS GONE!!!! HE ISN'T COMING BACK! Neither is John Lynch. So can we please stop with the bull about "Dungy's team is being dismantled!" This isn't Dungy's team anymore. And Bucs fans need to wake up to that reality.

One of the reasons we are 2-6 this year and not 6-2 is not because of the offense. But we had the #1 defense last year. What are we this year? #24. And you expect an offense as young as ours to carry this team? And morons like Chip Carter thinks bringing in a veteran QB is going to make any difference? What the hell is he smoking? This defense is DONE! They are old! They are slow! They can't stop the run. The secondary is being shredded up and down the field. And we think the QB is the problem?

OK geniuses, lets pull Gradkowski and put in McCown or Rattay. You think it will be any better? I don't think even think Peyton Manning could make a difference with this team. The QB position is the least of the problems. The defense is old. The o-line is young. There are no other recievers other than #84. Cadillac is stalled out. We have a FB that should have retired. Clayton ain't done jack. And you want to blame Bruce? A rookie QB with less than a half-dozen NFL games under his belt? You guys are morons!

Why is it that no one wants to blame the defense for a loss? Don't give me any crap about the offense not producing. When I played high school football, I played on defense. And there were times where our offense was just pathetic and we were getting our butts kicked. But you know what, I and that whole defense went out there each and every time and played the best we could be. I did that for free. I wasn't being paid anything to do that. But Brooks, Barbar and every other player out there on Sundays are professionals. They are being paid millions of dollars to produce whether the offense is or not. If they arn't playing with heart anymore, then maybe we need to get rid of them just like we got rid of McFardland. Which was one of the best moves Gruden has made since being here. Im tired of Simeon Rice being paid 9 million dollars a year to be a ghost at the end of the DL.

What we need to do is find a QB and stick with him. We can't start dumping people because they have a streak of bad games. If Bruce isnt the answer, then find someone, draft someone and stick with them! The defense needs to be rebuilt. And if someone is too old, too slow, or no longer wants to be on this team, then we need to say good-bye.

If you think a switch at QB is going to save this team, you are a moron. If you think bringing in a veteran QB will make a difference, you are a moron. And it appears to me that is the only thing people are saying. So like I said, I am surrounded by morons. [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 06, 2006, 11:50:00 AM

Why is it that no one wants to blame the defense for a loss?

Because it's the sacred cow around here. The fact is, this defense is awful right now. NO could have scored 45 points had they hit every opportunity. And if people DO look to lay any blame on the defense, it's not the defense itself that's to blame, instead it's this notion that Gruden has intentionally ignored rebuilding the defense.

The fact is, this team had a window and they managed to get one championship out of it. The window has closed. That mean's it's rebuilding time.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#2 : November 06, 2006, 11:51:02 AM

A little intense there, but I feel your pain...and agree with you.

The Dungy love fest is absurd. Exactly what was the "team that Dungy built" anyway? Sapp? Lynch? Brooks? Well, no that was Wyche....And regardless, do people expect the same players from 1996 to still be playing and starring on the team today?? Give me a break. Gruden has the misfortune of being the HC at the time when the great defense and players that turned the franchise around are at the end of their careers. It wasn't going to last forever, and Dungy and McKay got out before the decline and get a pass from everyone.

Some of these people sure have short memories, the outcries for Dungy's head were very loud in 2001...and what exactly has he built in Indy? I think Manning gets 95% of the credit for the Colts success....

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 06, 2006, 11:51:21 AM

Come away from the ledge my friend I feel your pain.   ;)

#4 : November 06, 2006, 11:59:17 AM

I've always heard that you are what you surround yourself with. ;)

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#5 : November 06, 2006, 12:06:51 PM

Beckles today insisted that Gradkowski only made two throws.  Not trying to be a homer here , but he made 3 great throws to Galloway (the first one opened the offense up and he made it with a guy right in his face), one to Hilliard (where he fit it in on the sideline for a 1st down).

The guy is a rookie and i can't believe how quickly he has been thrown under the bus by a lot of people.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 06, 2006, 12:08:00 PM

Beckles today insisted that Gradkowski only made two throws.  Not trying to be a homer here , but he made 3 great throws to Galloway (the first one opened the offense up and he made it with a guy right in his face), one to Hilliard (where he fit it in on the sideline for a 1st down).

The guy is a rookie and i can't believe how quickly he has been thrown under the bus by a lot of people.

He also made a good throw to Clayton but facts are not important right now you know?

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#7 : November 06, 2006, 12:11:18 PM

Beckles doesn't like Gruden. I don't think he has since doing the Gruden show on 620.  Truth is a lot of people in the media don't like Gruden and that leads to more fans disliking him as well. Any reason to bash Gruden and the team will be taken. These people want to somehow magically make Dungy and McKay return so we can put ourselves in cap hell building a team that will go to the playoffs and choke every year

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 06, 2006, 12:12:57 PM

Defensive problems are to blame on the TOTAL lack of a pass  rush.  Without that Tampa-2 looks like crap! 9 mil for ONE tackle? nice...

Offensively the left part of the line (mainly MAHAN needs to be switched out).  I have cut Muir a lot of slack but his and Biash!ts time has come.  Special teams have not been special since he's been here.

Address those three areas and we'll be fine. 

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#9 : November 06, 2006, 12:13:10 PM

It's amazing how quickly the January thrashings in Philly disappeared from people's memories, along with the amazing job Gruden did to shut down the Vet on the way to the Lombardi.

People were pretty disatisfied with Dungy's last two years if I recall correctly.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 06, 2006, 12:14:13 PM

The shovel pass play Bruce improvised to pittman for a decent gain was pretty impressive too.  What's amazing to me is how irrational fans and radio hosts are wrt a rookie QB's expectations.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 06, 2006, 12:24:10 PM

A good example.

I went to the bank today.

The teller knows that I go to the games. She said " we need a new coach". I said why. She said " I head it on the radio".

Now this is a person who knows exactly zero about the NFL.

All her opinions come from the media.

Think she represents a huge majority of the "fans". The believe  the media and go on from there.

No wonder there is such a snowball heading downhill.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

T

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 06, 2006, 12:29:30 PM

The Dungy love fest is annoying, he's not our coach anymore. He FAILED to field a productive offense and win when it counted. It wasn't Dungy's team, it's the Glazer's team. Fans on the radio are idiots, I'm not happy with the Bucs play either but I in NO way want Dungy back at all.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 06, 2006, 12:43:31 PM

Dungy couldn't win it all with Dungy's team. Heck, he couldn't beat Philadelphia when it counted.

Bill Wheeler

Rookie

#14 : November 06, 2006, 12:46:20 PM

I also am sick of hearing about Dungy, he got his props while he was here and couldn't get to the next level, which he still hasn't done.   The Super Bowl champs had over 20 new players on the roster after Dungy left.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I think Im surrounded by morons « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools