Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why isn't Chris Simms Playing? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

« : August 19, 2007, 12:57:17 PM »

QB depth chart:

Jeff Garcia
Luke McCown
Chris Simms
Bruce Gradkowski

If Simms played well enough to overstep Gradkowski in training camp, why isn't he being allowed to play in the games? You tell me. I've heard people say that he hasn't earned it. Well, then neither has Gradkowski. Everyone has said that Simms is 100% healthy except me, so why isn't he playing?

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #1 : August 19, 2007, 01:02:08 PM »

He's not really 3rd obviously and:

a) He's hurt

or

b) He sucks

Either way he's not on the roster come Sept 1.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #2 : August 19, 2007, 01:05:47 PM »

If Simms played well enough to overstep Gradkowski in training camp

Simms has not even outplayed the retired Doug Williams at QB at this point.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #3 : August 19, 2007, 01:07:33 PM »

do i really even care

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

« #4 : August 19, 2007, 01:19:08 PM »

Gruden released his depth chart and put Simms at #3. So you're saying he's obviously not #3 so is Gruden lying?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #5 : August 19, 2007, 01:20:54 PM »

Gruden released his depth chart and put Simms at #3. So you're saying he's obviously not #3 so is Gruden lying?

The depth chart is in flux as we speak.  Ask this question again on September 1st.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #6 : August 19, 2007, 01:26:08 PM »

He isn't playing because he is on his way out

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Law-Buc

Starter
« #7 : August 19, 2007, 01:34:40 PM »

I made the point that Gruden was a liar when he first named Garcia the starter before training camp started. He first claimed there was open competition for the QB position when in fact Garcia was annoited the starter when he flew to Tampa to sign.  Gruden and Allen have poorly handled the departure of veteran players.  We don't hear much backlash from other teams that cut veteran players.  It appears Gruden and Allen lull players into a false sense of security before they are cut.   Examples: John Lynch, Warren Sapp, Simeon Rice.  Warren Sapp and John Lynch are still playing at a high level and Rice will rebound this year.  Derrick Brooks will be next mark my word.  If Gruden and Allen are there next year I can almost promise you they will cut Brooks and use no tact.  Brooks has always restructed his contract when asked to help the team with its salary cap.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #8 : August 19, 2007, 01:38:34 PM »

There was open QB competition.  It is most unfortunate Simms did not show up to the party.

Backlash of cut veteran players is common amongst other NFL teams.  It is not a unique to the Bucs.

If Brooks is cut it is based on the fact he may no longer be performing.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

« #9 : August 19, 2007, 01:41:44 PM »

Basically what Gruden is doing right now with Simms is screwing him completely over. If he decided that he wasn't going to give him a chance to win back his spot and he wasn't going to use him then he should have traded or cut him. Instead he's holding onto him, not playing him which is going to make other teams completely back off of him wondering just what's wrong then he's going to cut him after training camp so it'll be almost impossible for him to catch on with another team. He's missed their camps and the way it'll be viewed is that he's damaged goods. If he's still hurt then you either put him on IR, put him on the PUP list, or cut him. Either way you don't just screw him over by not playing him and pretend that you have his/the teams best interests in mind.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #10 : August 19, 2007, 01:44:04 PM »

This was never an open competition. Garcia is the starter no matter how bad he looks.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

« #11 : August 19, 2007, 01:45:46 PM »

There was open QB competition.  It is most unfortunate Simms did not show up to the party.

Backlash of cut veteran players is common amongst other NFL teams.  It is not a unique to the Bucs.

If Brooks is cut it is based on the fact he may no longer be performing.

And we're supposed to trust Gruden's opinion on who can perform after watching what Lynch and Sapp have done? All I know is that Gruden couldn't stop shouting to anyone who would listen how Terrific his guys Rob Johnson, Brian Greise, and Bruce Gradkowski were and then I watched them all stink it up and after they leave never play again. Hmmm, I think I'll continue to believe what I believe, which is that Gruden has no idea how to judge talent or treat veteran players.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #12 : August 19, 2007, 01:49:32 PM »

And we're supposed to trust Gruden's opinion on who can perform after watching what Lynch and Sapp have done? All I know is that Gruden couldn't stop shouting to anyone who would listen how Terrific his guys Rob Johnson, Brian Greise, and Bruce Gradkowski were and then I watched them all stink it up and after they leave never play again. Hmmm, I think I'll continue to believe what I believe, which is that Gruden has no idea how to just talent or treat veteran players.

Bill Cowher in 08'

Gruden did not make the contract for Booger which shoved Sapp out the door.  And Gruden does not have a medical degree that evaluated Lynch's injuries.  I think people are wearing their tin foil undergarments too tight these days.

Bornabuc 

Remember September 1st will answer your question.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #13 : August 19, 2007, 01:54:57 PM »

He's not playing because Gruden hates him, DUH!

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

« #14 : August 19, 2007, 02:02:02 PM »

And we're supposed to trust Gruden's opinion on who can perform after watching what Lynch and Sapp have done? All I know is that Gruden couldn't stop shouting to anyone who would listen how Terrific his guys Rob Johnson, Brian Greise, and Bruce Gradkowski were and then I watched them all stink it up and after they leave never play again. Hmmm, I think I'll continue to believe what I believe, which is that Gruden has no idea how to just talent or treat veteran players.

Bill Cowher in 08'

Gruden did not make the contract for Booger which shoved Sapp out the door.  And Gruden does not have a medical degree that evaluated Lynch's injuries.  I think people are wearing their tin foil undergarments too tight these days.

Bornabuc 

Remember September 1st will answer your question.

Gruden was the person who told Sapp all offseason that he was going to make sure he was taken care of though. Then he didn't have the guts to tell him to his face that he wasn't coming back. Again, it's not just that he's cutting these pro bowlers it's how he lies to them about it. There was no rush to cut either. Lynch was coming off an injury. All they had to do was tell him they were worried about his neck because he couldn't pass his physical so he wasn't going to be guaranteed a longterm deal. The reality is, what did they have to lose by keeping Lynch??? What did they have to lose by keeping Sapp? Booger and Sapp could have played the inside together. Shoot, Gruden moves guys all the time so why do you have to just lie and cut him? Then again, he hasn't learned his lesson because what did we have to lose by keeping Rice? Nothing...

Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why isn't Chris Simms Playing? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools