Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why isn't Chris Simms Playing? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#15 : August 19, 2007, 02:11:18 PM

Gruden is still the coach so get over yourself.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 19, 2007, 02:12:00 PM

Just becuase I did not give the anwer you were looking for it is not necessary for you to throw a hissy fit.

You are mixing your stories up.  That was McCardell not Sapp.   Sapp entered free agency and was not expecting to come back.  Again you clearly do not remember all too well what transpired.  Sapp was on record as to saying he would play out his last year of his contract and suprisingly was a model citizen too.

Lynch's situation was too risky.  It was a gamble as Alstott who was IRed this year found out recently.  It is rolling the dice.

What did the Bucs have to lose in keeping Sapp and Lynch? Cap space and the defense would be older at both positions.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#17 : August 19, 2007, 02:13:47 PM

Basically what Gruden is doing right now with Simms is screwing him completely over. If he decided that he wasn't going to give him a chance to win back his spot and he wasn't going to use him then he should have traded or cut him. Instead he's holding onto him, not playing him which is going to make other teams completely back off of him wondering just what's wrong then he's going to cut him after training camp so it'll be almost impossible for him to catch on with another team. He's missed their camps and the way it'll be viewed is that he's damaged goods. If he's still hurt then you either put him on IR, put him on the PUP list, or cut him. Either way you don't just screw him over by not playing him and pretend that you have his/the teams best interests in mind.

Chris can't even throw a twenty yard crossing pattern in camp.  The problem is between his ears.   Why should Gruden even put him on the field in preseason.   The guys heart isn't in the game right now.  

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 19, 2007, 02:16:02 PM

Basically what Gruden is doing right now with Simms is screwing him completely over. If he decided that he wasn't going to give him a chance to win back his spot and he wasn't going to use him then he should have traded or cut him. Instead he's holding onto him, not playing him which is going to make other teams completely back off of him wondering just what's wrong then he's going to cut him after training camp so it'll be almost impossible for him to catch on with another team. He's missed their camps and the way it'll be viewed is that he's damaged goods. If he's still hurt then you either put him on IR, put him on the PUP list, or cut him. Either way you don't just screw him over by not playing him and pretend that you have his/the teams best interests in mind.
I disagree. If Simms is as off as everyone who has seen him in TC says he is, Gruden is doing Simms well by not playing him. If he plays him, and he does, in fact, suck then everyone in the league knows it. By limiting the tape on Chris it leaves the issue as something of a question.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#19 : August 19, 2007, 02:16:30 PM

Bornabuc, the hated front office and Jon Gruden are doing Chris Simms a huge favor right now whether or not you can see it or want to believe it. Chris Simms at this current point in his life and career is not able to play QB. The Buccs have no intention of keeping him. If you think he would get picked up by another team right now, you are sorely mistaken. They are doing him a favor by keeping him on the roster right now. They do not have to keep him, they could cut him any day. But right now they are paying him $1500 a day to practice during training camp. They cut him, and he makes nothing. Players only earn their salary in the form of game checks from week 1 to week 17. So right now, the evil Buccaneer front office is feeding Simms family, when they really don't have to be.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 19, 2007, 02:28:24 PM

Paying a former starting QB who took his team to the playoffs $1500 a day is not doing him any favors. He's earned the money they are paying him and by keeping him and sitting him they are preventing him from going elsewhere and earning even more money. In case you haven't checked, a starting playoff caliber QB is a hot commodity in this league. Guys like Harrington who stink are even looked at and given chances just because of their former draft status. Drew Brees was picked up and paid a lot of money by the Saints even though he was coming off what appeared to be a possible career ending/changing injury.

My point is still the same. Why put him at #3 on the depth chart then not play him but play Gradkowski? They say he's 100% healthy but they don't play him. The only thing that makes any sense here is that Gruden is going to start Garcia no matter what and doesn't want a real competition with his former starter. If he put Simms out there and he lights it up then Gruden is going to be second guessed. You can't say they are doing him a favor when they aren't even giving him a chance to show what he can do. You say he can't throw a 20 yard pass, but that's completely not correct. Simms has thrown several bombs that were completed in camp. He might be rusty and inaccurate with his throws but there's a big difference between being inaccurate and not being able to make the throws. Either way, he's 3rd on Gruden's depth chart after starting out 4th. He's done enough to jump Gradkowski and deserves a chance to show what he can do in the preseason. You telling me that he stunk in camp doesn't make it true. I wasn't there to see it first hand. Also, just like I've said 100 times before, being a camp QB is different than being a game QB. There's plenty of guys that tear it up in camp but can't get it done in a real game.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 19, 2007, 02:33:04 PM

My point is still the same. Why put him at #3 on the depth chart then not play him but play Gradkowski? They say he's 100% healthy but they don't play him. The only thing that makes any sense here is that Gruden is going to start Garcia no matter what and doesn't want a real competition with his former starter. If he put Simms out there and he lights it up then Gruden is going to be second guessed. You can't say they are doing him a favor when they aren't even giving him a chance to show what he can do.
At this point, the consensus opinion is that Chris isn't right. Even Chris says it. He's not ready to play in a game yet, and by not playing him while he's is clearly not himself they are doing him a favor. Even teams saw just how bad he is right now, he gets no phone calls in the event he's released.

Dominico

Starter

#22 : August 19, 2007, 02:34:34 PM

If you had a Pewter Report Insider subscription, then you would know that Simms has been horrible in training camp, and he has been taking reps with the scout team.  He is healthy, he is just BAD. He doesn't have his rhythm and his mechanics are messed up.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 19, 2007, 02:35:58 PM

My point is still the same. Why put him at #3 on the depth chart then not play him but play Gradkowski?

September 1st.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 19, 2007, 02:36:59 PM

What a surprise...BornaBuc whining about something else....

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 19, 2007, 02:53:59 PM

Paying a former starting QB who took his team to the playoffs $1500 a day is not doing him any favors. He's earned the money they are paying him and by keeping him and sitting him they are preventing him from going elsewhere and earning even more money. In case you haven't checked, a starting playoff caliber QB is a hot commodity in this league. Guys like Harrington who stink are even looked at and given chances just because of their former draft status. Drew Brees was picked up and paid a lot of money by the Saints even though he was coming off what appeared to be a possible career ending/changing injury.

My point is still the same. Why put him at #3 on the depth chart then not play him but play Gradkowski? They say he's 100% healthy but they don't play him. The only thing that makes any sense here is that Gruden is going to start Garcia no matter what and doesn't want a real competition with his former starter. If he put Simms out there and he lights it up then Gruden is going to be second guessed. You can't say they are doing him a favor when they aren't even giving him a chance to show what he can do. You say he can't throw a 20 yard pass, but that's completely not correct. Simms has thrown several bombs that were completed in camp. He might be rusty and inaccurate with his throws but there's a big difference between being inaccurate and not being able to make the throws. Either way, he's 3rd on Gruden's depth chart after starting out 4th. He's done enough to jump Gradkowski and deserves a chance to show what he can do in the preseason. You telling me that he stunk in camp doesn't make it true. I wasn't there to see it first hand. Also, just like I've said 100 times before, being a camp QB is different than being a game QB. There's plenty of guys that tear it up in camp but can't get it done in a real game.

I had to listen to the jags radio guys last night
Want to know what they were saying?
They watched all the QB's warm up and they were saying they have no clue how chrissie is even in a pro camp!
They were saying they dont think the kid could play for a high school team.He sucks right now and it is his fault.The problem appears to be between his ears!
So take your nose out of his jock and understand the team is actualy doing chrisie a big favor by hiding him from other teams.Maybe nextyear he can go see a shrink and get his head straight.I dont see it happening this year!

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 19, 2007, 02:57:22 PM

I'm not going to say it is Chris's fault or that the problem is even between his ears. The fact is, he's a guy coming off a very serious injury that led to his entire torso being cut open. His mechanics are way off, but that should almost be expected given the rold the torso plays in throwing a football. Chris needs time and should not be playing right now.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#27 : August 19, 2007, 03:07:46 PM

Bornabuc, the hated front office and Jon Gruden are doing Chris Simms a huge favor right now whether or not you can see it or want to believe it. Chris Simms at this current point in his life and career is not able to play QB. The Buccs have no intention of keeping him. If you think he would get picked up by another team right now, you are sorely mistaken. They are doing him a favor by keeping him on the roster right now. They do not have to keep him, they could cut him any day. But right now they are paying him $1500 a day to practice during training camp. They cut him, and he makes nothing. Players only earn their salary in the form of game checks from week 1 to week 17. So right now, the evil Buccaneer front office is feeding Simms family, when they really don't have to be.

Who cares, cut him, keep him it doesn't matter, but I doubt he needs the TC money to "feed his family" LMAO, he made over a million last season, he got $3M signing bonus, plus whatever money he made his first few years which were probably a few hundred thousand a year. They will keep him at least as long as they kept Fiedler, anything less and they would look like complete A-holes, or more so than they already look in the eyes of many.

75buc

Rookie

#28 : August 19, 2007, 03:08:03 PM

This BornaBuc guy cant be this ignorant,can he??What team does this maggot actualy cheer for.....he def is NOT a Bucs fan.What a joke....looser!

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#29 : August 19, 2007, 03:15:32 PM

I had to listen to the jags radio guys last night
Want to know what they were saying?
They watched all the QB's warm up and they were saying they have no clue how chrissie is even in a pro camp!
They were saying they dont think the kid could play for a high school team.He sucks right now and it is his fault.The problem appears to be between his ears!
So take your nose out of his jock and understand the team is actualy doing chrisie a big favor by hiding him from other teams.Maybe nextyear he can go see a shrink and get his head straight.I dont see it happening this year!

LMAO, "Jag's Radio". "They were saying this, and they were saying that, oh and they also said" Did they happen to mention what does what "THEY know" have to do with the price of tea in China? Here is an Alabama translation : What in tar nation do they know about what goes on with Chris Simms, oh sorry I meant Chrissy to keep your fantasy going.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why isn't Chris Simms Playing? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools