Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why isn't Chris Simms Playing? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 19, 2007, 03:24:43 PM

Oh by the way, I forgot to mention Thomas Jones in the series of great personnel decisions that Gruden has made since he's been here. Yeah, he kept playing Pittman while sitting Jones. Then Jones goes on the be a 1st string superstar in Chicago while we watch Pittman return kickoffs.

75buc, calling someone names does not make you look smart. It actually makes YOU look like the ignorant punk that you probably are...coincidentally you spelled LOSER wrong.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 19, 2007, 03:25:59 PM

QB depth chart:

Jeff Garcia
Luke McCown
Chris Simms
Bruce Gradkowski

If Simms played well enough to overstep Gradkowski in training camp, why isn't he being allowed to play in the games? You tell me. I've heard people say that he hasn't earned it. Well, then neither has Gradkowski. Everyone has said that Simms is 100% healthy except me, so why isn't he playing?

You need to quit the stupid agendas you pathetic mook.   [banghead]

Chris Simms said on WDAE this week: "I am not ready to play in a game, I am just not there yet".  

Chris is struggling coming back from an injury that as only ever effected one NFL player, and no QB as ever had the injury.  He has a twelve inch scar right through his abdominal area and there is still a lot of scar tissue.  The guy can't play the position right now.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 19, 2007, 03:33:42 PM

Well, if that's the case then why does everyone from one buc place keep saying that he's 100% healthy? That's what I'm asking. I agree that he is recovering from an injury but it appears to me that Gruden and Co are trying to pretend like he's not in recovery and he's fully healthy and he just has rust or something. Then it appears like they are looking to find a way to cut him or trade him so that they won't have to pay him. Again, I am a Bucs fan longterm. Not a Gruden or Allen or even Simms fan. I want what's best for the team in the longterm and at the present time I believe that Simms is the longterm answer at QB. To be honest, with the receivers we have and the offensive line I don't believe Garcia, McCown, Simms, or Gradkowski has the tools to lead this team anywhere near a super bowl.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 19, 2007, 03:35:05 PM

You will find out September first.  But you do not seem like the patient type.

#34 : August 19, 2007, 03:36:01 PM

QB depth chart:

Jeff Garcia
Luke McCown
Chris Simms
Bruce Gradkowski

If Simms played well enough to overstep Gradkowski in training camp, why isn't he being allowed to play in the games? You tell me. I've heard people say that he hasn't earned it. Well, then neither has Gradkowski. Everyone has said that Simms is 100% healthy except me, so why isn't he playing?

because he's "not right"!!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#35 : August 19, 2007, 03:36:09 PM

Well, if that's the case then why does everyone from one buc place keep saying that he's 100% healthy? That's what I'm asking. I agree that he is recovering from an injury but it appears to me that Gruden and Co are trying to pretend like he's not in recovery and he's fully healthy and he just has rust or something. Then it appears like they are looking to find a way to cut him or trade him so that they won't have to pay him. Again, I am a Bucs fan longterm. Not a Gruden or Allen or even Simms fan. I want what's best for the team in the longterm and at the present time I believe that Simms is the longterm answer at QB. To be honest, with the receivers we have and the offensive line I don't believe Garcia, McCown, Simms, or Gradkowski has the tools to lead this team anywhere near a super bowl.
He is healthy. It takes 4 to 6 weeks to recover from a splenectomy. He's not in football shape. There is a big difference

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 19, 2007, 03:38:25 PM

Well, if that's the case then why does everyone from one buc place keep saying that he's 100% healthy? That's what I'm asking. I agree that he is recovering from an injury but it appears to me that Gruden and Co are trying to pretend like he's not in recovery and he's fully healthy and he just has rust or something.

He passed the pre-camp physical, so technically he is healthy.  All that means is he has recovered from the injury and he is fit to start training again.  He is now struggling playing for some reason, scare tissue, lack of confidence, proprioception, who knows BUT Chris himself said he is not ready to play.  He has also started talking about sitting out a year and trying again next year.

Just face facts, Chris is not playing this year, he isn't ready to play, and he doesn't want to play.

gone

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 19, 2007, 03:38:30 PM

Come on, we all know he's suffering from propriotransgalacticism

can't remember who came up with that....

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 19, 2007, 03:44:58 PM

Yeah, I'm sure that losing 3/4 of the blood in your body and your spleen is an easy thing to recover from. I read the article that you posted and understand that in hospital perfect conditions that it might take 4-6 weeks to recover and move on if you work at a desk. I imagine guys that work at a desk probably recover faster from ACL injuries as well. Maybe he's not in football shape because he couldn't work out because of chances he'd reopen the wound. Simms has never been a lazy person or a slacker. The injury is the only  realistic reason he's not able to perform up to where he was in 2005. If that is the case then it would be nice to hear from Gruden or Allen that they are just taking it slowly with him instead of making it look like they're going to cut him.

All-Da-Way: It's not September 1st I'm concerned about, it's Super Bowl Sunday.

#39 : August 19, 2007, 03:49:42 PM

The injury is the only realistic reason he's not able to perform up to where he was in 2005.

Surely you aren't serious? What was his excuse for not performing up to par prior to the spleen injury?

gone

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 19, 2007, 03:52:00 PM

The injury is the only realistic reason he's not able to perform up to where he was in 2005.

Surely you aren't serious? What was his excuse for not performing up to par prior to the spleen injury?

Gruden was being too mean to him.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 19, 2007, 03:53:32 PM

If that is the case then it would be nice to hear from Gruden or Allen that they are just taking it slowly with him instead of making it look like they're going to cut him.

Gruden has 80+ players to train and evaluate.  Chris isn't even competing in TC, and he knows that himself.  His recent remarks about sitting out a year suggest he is resigned to his fate.

Unless there is a minor miracle in the next week or so, Chris will be cut.  

#42 : August 19, 2007, 03:56:09 PM

Gruden was being too mean to him.

LOL!!

JC510

Practice Squad

#43 : August 19, 2007, 04:01:26 PM

Simms was basically dying on the field vs Carolina and now Gruden won't let him fight for his roster spot in the pre-season because he "hasn't earned it". Another classless move by this regime. Thankfully time is running out for them.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 19, 2007, 04:03:10 PM

Simms was basically dying on the field vs Carolina and now Gruden won't let him fight for his roster spot in the pre-season because he "hasn't earned it". Another classless move by this regime. Thankfully time is running out for them.

Maybe you should follow what is going on in camp.   ::)

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why isn't Chris Simms Playing? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools