Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adalious Thomas « previous next »
Page: 1 2

coopsxx

Starter
: November 06, 2006, 12:45:17 PM

Could we grab him as a FA and make him a DE?

he is a 270 pound OLB for the ravens, but has played snaps at DE, DT, OLB (in 3-4) and even safety and corner.
he is a freak and would be recognized more if he were not on the same D as Ed Reed and Ray Lewis

T

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 06, 2006, 12:51:47 PM

Kiffin isn't creative enough to use a versatile player like that. It's Cover 2 with very little blitzing for Kiffin.If he does blitz it's LB blitzes that get stuffed. Kiffin needs to adapt this defense to a more aggressive style.

coopsxx

Starter
#2 : November 06, 2006, 12:56:00 PM

you kind of misread what i was saying. Just move him to DE?? he is still just as fast and quick.

T

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 06, 2006, 12:59:17 PM

I got ya, move him to DE ANYTHING to get a pass rush going. Just rushing 4 lineman isn't getting it done.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 06, 2006, 01:36:15 PM

I actually offered the same suggestion in another thread previously.  I think he would be a great fit and has shown he can play DE, but he will have a big price tag and the FO might feel it's too great a risk to try a permanent move.

#5 : November 06, 2006, 02:23:30 PM

T, I usually agree with yoou but not here about Kiffin

EIther way if Baltimore doesnt resign Thomas he would be a great guy to pursue. Whethe rthey put him at DE or LB. I think he would be a great LB for us. Remember Baltimore plays a 4-3 now, and he is a LB for them and a damn good one. He is huge, 270 lbs and is very athletic. Probably as good an athlete as Peppers. He can run and cover, and blitz and tackle well. Hopefully Baltimore lets him go but I dont know

shall555

Starter

#6 : November 06, 2006, 03:14:23 PM

He played DE earlier in his career before Baltimore went to the 3-4. I think he would make an outstanding DE in this system, because Monte would be able to use more zone blitzes with Thomas, like he used to do with Rice and Spires. Just another wrinkle to add to the Cover 2.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 06, 2006, 03:25:10 PM

I'd be afraid that a lot of 2nd tier players for Baltimore look great in Ravens uniforms and then average when they sign a big free agent deal with another team, Ed Hartwell and Will Demps being two off the top of my head.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

coopsxx

Starter
#8 : November 07, 2006, 12:03:53 AM

he is two big for us, in our gap control system, he is bigger than our current DE's, hell he's as big as Wyms. He is only like 28 too would be a nice DE.

good point about Ravens flops but Thomas has looked his best when Lewis was injured like last year, (84 tckl / 9 sacks / 2 ints)
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187661

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 07, 2006, 12:24:22 AM

There is no such thing as too big nor too small when it comes to DE's just as long as they can pass rush and can play the run.  Adalius has proven he can pass rush as a LB or as a DE and he can play the run.  Adalius would be a welcomed addition and his price tag will be half of Freeney's most likely.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 07, 2006, 12:24:51 AM

Not going to happen.

coopsxx

Starter
#11 : November 07, 2006, 12:50:48 AM

freeny stinks thos year too 0.5 sacks. Maybe that is a sign that OT's know his moves and how to defend them yet.

I was saying he is too big for us at LB, not DE. he is perfect size at DE.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 07, 2006, 01:05:56 AM

freeny stinks thos year too 0.5 sacks. Maybe that is a sign that OT's know his moves and how to defend them yet.

I was saying he is too big for us at LB, not DE. he is perfect size at DE.

In that case you are right.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#13 : November 07, 2006, 02:11:21 AM

I'd be afraid that a lot of 2nd tier players for Baltimore look great in Ravens uniforms and then average when they sign a big free agent deal with another team, Ed Hartwell and Will Demps being two off the top of my head.

Will Demps has made that NYG secondary better, along with Sam Madison and the ROOKIE that they have playing back there. Ed Hartwell was playing lights out before he got injured. Mora says that they miss him when he is not in the line up. Both players are hardly flops! Oh, by the way, both teams defenses are better than ours...so what is your point?

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#14 : November 07, 2006, 04:07:41 AM

Will Demps flat out stunk at times in Baltimore anyway, it's not like people thought he was a game changer in that system. He was average, and even sometimes below that, for the Ravens.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adalious Thomas « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools