Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL makes change to help defenses with no-huddle offenses « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

: October 06, 2006, 01:56:54 PM

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9709450

interesting...I guess the NFL is actually trying to help out defenses for once. Not sure how much I like this rule change though....

Sactobuc

Starter

#1 : October 06, 2006, 01:59:49 PM

good call, I think.............

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#2 : October 06, 2006, 02:03:48 PM

not too sure i like that...

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#3 : October 06, 2006, 02:06:46 PM

My question is how long is a "sufficient opportunity to make a personnel change" and at what point does it negate that benefits of a no-huddle offense?

buckit

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 06, 2006, 02:09:46 PM

Bad move, IMO.  If you'll notice, scores of 21 points or more are getting rarer and rarer in this league.  Eventually, if the majority of games end in 17-13 wins, fans will stop tuning in...Many fans find the most exciting part of any game the "final drive".  It gets butts out of their seats, and people screaming at their TV's.  If the defense wants to regroup, it has timeouts.  It can force incompletions. 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 06, 2006, 02:12:29 PM

My question is how long is a "sufficient opportunity to make a personnel change" and at what point does it negate that benefits of a no-huddle offense?

That is why I do not like it and I am a defensvie type of a person too.  With that said LB's and safties are so athletic these days that substitutions are not THAT big of a deal anymore.  Not saying substitutions are not necessary but having the base defense in most of the time is the way to go. 

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 06, 2006, 02:28:40 PM

I like the rule and I think you will too when the Saints rush Reggie Bush onto the field at the last second as a WR and we get to avoid covering him with Ryan Nece!

Sactobuc

Starter

#7 : October 06, 2006, 03:07:04 PM

I guess that takes away fom the coaches responsibility to have his team and players ready.  Crunch time, you better be near your position coach and paying attention, instead of looking for the damn camera, and giving shout outs!!!

Puhlease, now that I think about it, that's what the Offensive coach does, he calls the player over, tells him the next play, and sends him in with some helpers.   As a defense coach, you should always know down and distance and be prepared for any trick play, hell this is football.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 06, 2006, 03:12:33 PM

And what is the definition of "sufficient opportunity"?  Yet another thing for the refs to abuse. 
How many seconds wiill Defenses be able to run off the clock on each play when a team is trying to comeback in the final minutes?

Bunch o' crap.  It'll just slow the game down and add yet another thing for the refs to fsck up.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#9 : October 06, 2006, 03:13:51 PM

And what is the definition of "sufficient opportunity"?  Yet another thing for the refs to abuse. 
How many seconds wiill Defenses be able to run off the clock on each play when a team is trying to comeback in the final minutes?

Bunch o' crap.  It'll just slow the game down and add yet another thing for the refs to fsck up.

and one more thing.....more commercials [banghead] [banghead]

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 06, 2006, 03:24:35 PM

Kinda stupid if you ask me

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 06, 2006, 03:28:42 PM

I like the rule and I think you will too when the Saints rush Reggie Bush onto the field at the last second as a WR and we get to avoid covering him with Ryan Nece!

And a corner would fare better against him how?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 06, 2006, 07:19:37 PM

And a corner would fare better against him how?

Do you really want an answer to that?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 07, 2006, 08:44:29 AM

Do you really want an answer to that?

Yes.  :D  In my opinion a nickel/dime corner would have a hard time covering him.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 07, 2006, 10:42:53 AM

Yes. :D In my opinion a nickel/dime corner would have a hard time covering him.

No one's arguing that.  But a harder time than Ryan Nece?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL makes change to help defenses with no-huddle offenses « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools