Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski positives « previous next »
Page: 1 2

shall555

Starter

: November 06, 2006, 02:00:23 PM

Gradkowski has a QB rating of 73.7 with 6 TDs and 1 INT. His rating is higher than Brad Johnson, Jake Plummer, Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Bledsoe, Joey Harrington, Vince Young and Matt Leinart and only .1 lower than Steve McNair. Not bad for a 6th round rookie QB with only one WR to throw to. The kid is going to be really good next year.  ;D ;D ;D

This season is a baptism of fire, like what Aikman endured. Give him some time and some weapons and we will be singing a different tune in a year or two.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#1 : November 06, 2006, 02:02:59 PM

Shalla, how dare you interrupt all the Gradkowski and Gruden bashing with cold, hard facts!! Great post!

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 06, 2006, 02:07:16 PM

I bet Gruden knows those stats. We should let Gruden coach, get some young blood in here and the winning will resume. Be patient.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 06, 2006, 02:30:10 PM

He has a nice tan.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#4 : November 06, 2006, 02:36:46 PM

He's our QB...that's the beginning and end of the story. Gruden is going to live or die with him.

shall555

Starter

#5 : November 06, 2006, 02:41:02 PM

Shalla, how dare you interrupt all the Gradkowski and Gruden bashing with cold, hard facts!! Great post!

LOL. Here are some more positive stats for ya. Plummer and McNair are a combined 12-4 as starters. Not bad company to be in. The only difference is their team's total effort. Our Bucs are breaking down every week. If it's not one unit, it's another. The QB play is not the problem. It's everything around him that needs an overhaul. He's only going to get better.

shall555

Starter

#6 : November 06, 2006, 03:02:15 PM

Grads already has (2) 4th QTR comebacks in his young career. If Galloway catches the ball against the Giants and we don't give up the Bush TD. He'd have 4!!! All of the great QBs like Montana, Elway, and Marino have 20+ 4th QTR comebacks over their entire careers. Give him some time and he'll be just as icey as Brady or Joe Cool. He's got the intangibles that can't be taught, namely comeback ability. 

vladin

Starter

#7 : November 06, 2006, 03:25:45 PM

I think the positive on Grads is that you can see underneath all of the hubub a competitor and a game manager.  As a rookie he does have a very good sense of clock management.  And running for that 1st down - good judgement.  I think the game is just really fast for the kid right now, hence all the quick checks, and I think that is the case for nearly all rookie QB's. 

I have no idea how he will pan out, but there's your positive.

Vlad

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 06, 2006, 03:27:48 PM

Grads already has (2) 4th QTR comebacks in his young career. If Galloway catches the ball against the Giants and we don't give up the Bush TD. He'd have 4!!! All of the great QBs like Montana, Elway, and Marino have 20+ 4th QTR comebacks over their entire careers. Give him some time and he'll be just as icey as Brady or Joe Cool. He's got the intangibles that can't be taught, namely comeback ability. 

He also could be 0 for 4, so woulda coulda shoulda.

He got bailed out on a bad, bad call by the refs versus Cincy, that kept a drive alive.

And miracle 62 yarders won't come again in our lifetime as Buc fans, I am willing to bet.

shall555

Starter

#9 : November 06, 2006, 03:37:36 PM

He also could be 0 for 4, so woulda coulda shoulda.

He got bailed out on a bad, bad call by the refs versus Cincy, that kept a drive alive.

And miracle 62 yarders won't come again in our lifetime as Buc fans, I am willing to bet.

That wasn't a bad call in the Cincy game. It was what it was. Unnecessary roughness. Justin Smith pile drived Grad's head into the ground. And yes, it was a 62 yard miracle, but if it wasn't for Grads throwing an 11 yard pass and a 9 yard scramble. Bryant would not have had a chance at the kick.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 06, 2006, 03:51:43 PM

Some will just never see any positives with anything on the team this year.

The bright side is, if it wasn't Grads they are bashing, they would find someone else.

From a well known movie, said by Donald Sutherland many times "always with the negatives".

There are a few on here who have become experts at it.

I have learned to not read their posts any longer.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 06, 2006, 03:53:18 PM

That wasn't a bad call.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 06, 2006, 04:05:51 PM

That wasn't a bad call in the Cincy game. It was what it was. Unnecessary roughness. Justin Smith pile drived Grad's head into the ground. And yes, it was a 62 yard miracle, but if it wasn't for Grads throwing an 11 yard pass and a 9 yard scramble. Bryant would not have had a chance at the kick.

Pittmans KO return had alot to do with that too...

#13 : November 06, 2006, 06:29:27 PM

"always with the negatives".

Kelly's Hero's,right?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 06, 2006, 06:49:36 PM

Gradkowski positives 

He isn't Chris Simms.   :P

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski positives « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools