Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We Can Win With Gradkowski « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 07, 2006, 01:07:44 PM

well it just seems like the way everyone is talking we should go ahead and give him the starting contract for next year. it wasn't directly said but many of you just baffle me. the guy has shown me nothing but inconistent play. he makes a good back up.

Gruden : "I am going to say this about the guy, the last two drives before the break he made some awesome plays, AWSOME.  Bruce and Hackett are working hard right now, and he is going to be one hell of a player, I guarantee it.    ;)

#31 : November 07, 2006, 01:10:43 PM

yea of course gruden has to be politcally correct and you should know this. of course he will say the right thing.
but 2-6 is what it is. actions speak louder than words and his actions on the field do not impress me to name him a starting qb.
and the fact is he has lost us games by not making plays and good decisions.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#32 : November 07, 2006, 01:17:45 PM

Gruden sees Grad's run and THINKS he will be his new Gannon. The fact is he won't he is too short, has no arm and does not have the brain's or years and years of experiance that Gannon had.

WOW he had 2 good drives, well here is a news flash, Tim Couch has had at least 2 good drives, so has DIlfer, so has Ryan Leif,

I love the people who post Grudens comments, now tell me what is he going to say "Grad's will never make it" Hell he has said good things about Simms and we know he can't stand him, funny though how everyone else on the team does like Simms, or should I say offensive Captain Simms. The Defense is about had it with Gruden, the team is a mess, the players dont' trust him that is obvious. Ahh why bother most people in here are Gruden huggers and think he can do no wrong...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 07, 2006, 01:18:09 PM

yea of course gruden has to be politcally correct and you should know this. of course he will say the right thing.
but 2-6 is what it is. actions speak louder than words and his actions on the field do not impress me to name him a starting qb.

Gruden never really praised Simms even when he was winning.  He speaks his mind and wears his heart on his sleeve.

Grads is a rookie and he is playing better than rookies usually play at this stage of their careers.   Don’t blame the losses on him, what about the pile of crap O-line, the non-existent running game and weak defense.  You could switch Grads for any starting QB in the NFL right now, and we would still be well below .500.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 07, 2006, 01:20:09 PM

WRONG

Grads doesn't deserve the majority of the blame for one single loss that we have been dealt.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 07, 2006, 01:21:05 PM

funny though how everyone else on the team does like Simms, or should I say offensive Captain Simms.

There were plenty of players criticizing Simms privately to the media just over a year ago.  They might like the kid, but don't try and pretend they always had overwhelming confidence in him.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 07, 2006, 01:26:43 PM

Well the way Gruden has things I wouldn't be too high on his word. I'm a Gruden fan but the offense is a joke. Yes we have lost 4 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders in the past, but my goodness we are pretty awful.

Baghead #2

#37 : November 07, 2006, 06:31:09 PM

well if you guys are right then he will be our starter next year. we shall see, i just hope it is what you guys want.
sorry if my opinion differs on this matter doesn't make me less of a fan.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 07, 2006, 07:01:09 PM

Bigger arm, more accurate arm, more experienced arm...

Grads can run. So could Doug Flutie..

Simms's flatters to deceive.  He looks like he is making progress and then he regresses, that has always been his MO.   Simms has struggled with lots of things in Tampa.  Problems with the playbook, the center-exchange debacle, the batted balls etc etc.  Sorry Bro but after four years in the system you just have to say it isn't working out.

If Grads shows progress this year  then starts stinking when he is a 3 year Pro I will take him to the airport myself.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 07, 2006, 06:46:56 PM

Gruden never really praised Simms even when he was winning.  He speaks his mind and wears his heart on his sleeve.

Grads is a rookie and he is playing better than rookies usually play at this stage of their careers.   Don’t blame the losses on him, what about the pile of crap O-line, the non-existent running game and weak defense.  You could switch Grads for any starting QB in the NFL right now, and we would still be well below .500.

But the first 3 games were all Simms' fault, huh?..

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 07, 2006, 06:49:18 PM

Gruden never really praised Simms even when he was winning.  He speaks his mind and wears his heart on his sleeve.

Grads is a rookie and he is playing better than rookies usually play at this stage of their careers.   Don’t blame the losses on him, what about the pile of crap O-line, the non-existent running game and weak defense.  You could switch Grads for any starting QB in the NFL right now, and we would still be well below .500.

But the first 3 games were all Simms' fault, huh?..

No one said they were.  ??? 

The main knock on Simms was he wasn't a "fit" for what Gruden wants to do.  While he was in I wanted him to be successful, but I can't say I an upset that the Chris Simms Experiment appears to be over.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 07, 2006, 06:51:48 PM

The main knock on Simms was he wasn't a "fit" for what Gruden wants to do.

I might buy that argument if Gruden showed some kind of sign that he knows what he wants to do. But the bottom line is that Simms is the more talented QB, sans running speed..

#42 : November 07, 2006, 06:52:28 PM

so you rather take grads over simms then?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 07, 2006, 06:53:35 PM

I might buy that argument if Gruden showed some kind of sign that he knows what he wants to do. But the bottom line is that Simms is the more talented QB, sans running speed..

That depends on how you define "talent". Simms has a bigger arm and a bigger body, but that's about it.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 07, 2006, 06:54:04 PM

so you rather take grads over simms then?

Hmmmm…….let me think about it for a minute

YES.  

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We Can Win With Gradkowski « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools