Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We Can Win With Gradkowski « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#75 : November 09, 2006, 07:45:49 AM

Being like Jeff Garcia is not a compliment

[banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

You realize Garcia is a three time Pro Bowler right?

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#76 : November 09, 2006, 03:32:39 PM

What is it with the fit? This guy is a fit and that guy is not a fit, its stupid.  A OC should be able to create plays and a game plan that caters to his most important offensive player, in most if not all cases that is the QB. SO now we have to find a QB that fit a system and hope he is good, the odds are much better to find a good young QB and develop him and design an offense around his strengths. I don't think a short 6th round pick is the answer.
How many QBs in the NFL do fit his system? Rob Johnson, fit it , Brady would not "fit" nor would Manning, even Marino in his prime would not fit, so we as fans have to live through the Grieses Johnsons and Grad's of the world until we hit lightning and find another Gannon...
Maybe we can have McNabb, he would fit lets try aq trade, because no other QB would truly fit.
Gruden doesn't care about winning he would rather loose his way than to win someone elses.

I really think if he was not so arrogant he would stick around Tampa for years and years, but he is too set in his ways, his ego is too big, and he will be gone about the same time we get a new President.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#77 : November 09, 2006, 04:34:34 PM

What is it with the fit? This guy is a fit and that guy is not a fit, its stupid.

I'm beginning to think you don't know much about this game.

Gruden doesn't care about winning he would rather loose his way than to win someone elses.

Well, that just sealed the deal.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#78 : November 09, 2006, 05:39:09 PM

Its a valid opinion and i am not the only one that has the opinion that Gruden's ego gets in the way of his judgement.
Winning is most important, not his overrated system that is out of date and is easily defended, not being the Genious who turns a 6th round nobody into a pro bowler. WINNING. So why no #40 on 3rd and short? Why not spread the offense and run the ball? Why no shotgun when Simms was getting all his passes batted down? With all the passing we do and all the fumbles from #7 (that we have been lucky to come up with), it would seem like he is setting his boy up to be the Hero...Wow he had 2 good drives when the Saints busted out a soft D and rushed 4..WHat about the fact that he could not find an open reciever on 6 straight 3 and outs?
This team is a mess and Gruden is a huge reason for it, the guys he has brought in were bust's, or only played good for 1 season. How stupid was it for us to go into the season with 4 young QB's? If he was a CEO he would have been fired, imagine a CEO having a record year, then following it with 4 years in the red...
I would not cheer if Gruden got fired, but I would not blame the Glaziers for doing it.
I know its an old argument, but defense and an experianced carefull QB won the SB for us.
Gruden would be a decent OC, as long as he had a HC that would step in when his ego starting to smoke. I think he is overrated as a HC, and has done nothing that would steer me to think differant.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#79 : November 09, 2006, 06:30:01 PM

Screwy: def ~ "crazily absurd, eccentric, or unusual"

How fitting.  ;)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#80 : November 09, 2006, 07:25:00 PM

Its a valid opinion and i am not the only one that has the opinion that Gruden's ego gets in the way of his judgement.

You have a right to your opinion. You also have the right to be wrong.

Winning is most important, not his overrated system that is out of date and is easily defended, not being the Genious who turns a 6th round nobody into a pro bowler. WINNING.

It is clear you have no idea what you're talking about. If you don't think his #1 priority is winning football games, then you obviously don't know this man and what drives him.

So why no #40 on 3rd and short? Why not spread the offense and run the ball?

I don't know, maybe because #40 sucks? Have you not been watching the Bucs play at all? #40 is 4 out of 9 on 3-and-1. Not really doing a bang up job there.

it would seem like he is setting his boy up to be the Hero...

Hmmm, a head coach who is setting up his QB to do well? Really? Fire his ass.

If he was a CEO he would have been fired, imagine a CEO having a record year, then following it with 4 years in the red...

I know you probably just started watching the team this year, that's why you forgot about their 11-victory division winning season last year.

I would not cheer if Gruden got fired, but I would not blame the Glaziers for doing it.

Glazers, not Glaziers. And they are behind their coach because they understand what's going on.

I know its an old argument, but defense and an experianced carefull QB won the SB for us.

Yeah, that's why everyone on the team praised Gruden for elevating their play, including the leaders on that defense. No Gruden, no championship they said. Of course, you know better than those guys right?

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#81 : November 09, 2006, 09:11:21 PM

You have a right to your opinion. You also have the right to be wrong.

Winning is most important, not his overrated system that is out of date and is easily defended, not being the Genious who turns a 6th round nobody into a pro bowler. WINNING.

It is clear you have no idea what you're talking about. If you don't think his #1 priority is winning football games, then you obviously don't know this man and what drives him.

So why no #40 on 3rd and short? Why not spread the offense and run the ball?

I don't know, maybe because #40 sucks? Have you not been watching the Bucs play at all? #40 is 4 out of 9 on 3-and-1. Not really doing a bang up job there.

it would seem like he is setting his boy up to be the Hero...

Hmmm, a head coach who is setting up his QB to do well? Really? Fire his ass.

If he was a CEO he would have been fired, imagine a CEO having a record year, then following it with 4 years in the red...

I know you probably just started watching the team this year, that's why you forgot about their 11-victory division winning season last year.

Glazers, not Glaziers. And they are behind their coach because they understand what's going on.

Yeah, that's why everyone on the team praised Gruden for elevating their play, including the leaders on that defense. No Gruden, no championship they said. Of course, you know better than those guys right?

Get over yourself, Gruden won with Dungys defense, now that the D is slower and older his offense can't do jack. What do you expect the players to say after winning the SB? Thank last seasons coach... talk about simple minded.

Alstott is way better at short yardage than Caddy, or Pittman if you doubt that then you don't understand football or physics.  ANYONE who puts #40 down is a bandwagoner and not a true Buc fan, and must have a Bear or Green Bay Jersey somewhere in a closet, because you didn't have the pleasure of watching the 6-10 Buc's when #40 was one of the only bright spots on the team, but you wouldn't know anything about that would you?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#82 : November 09, 2006, 09:27:52 PM

Get over yourself, Gruden won with Dungys defense, now that the D is slower and older his offense can't do jack. What do you expect the players to say after winning the SB? Thank last seasons coach... talk about simple minded.

You're nuts. Gruden won with Kiffin's defense, which IMPROVED statistically AFTER Dungy left. And go back and read what those players said. Of course, you probably didn't start following the team until after that, so you missed the firsthand accounts.

Alstott is way better at short yardage than Caddy, or Pittman if you doubt that then you don't understand football or physics.  ANYONE who puts #40 down is a bandwagoner and not a true Buc fan, and must have a Bear or Green Bay Jersey somewhere in a closet, because you didn't have the pleasure of watching the 6-10 Buc's when #40 was one of the only bright spots on the team, but you wouldn't know anything about that would you?

Again, you're nuts. I've been a Bucs fan since the team was announced. I sat in that stadium through 0-14. I attended NFL exhibition games in the old Tampa Stadium before the area was even awarded a franchise. I sat in those old metal seats when that stadium was open at both ends!

Anyone who puts down #40 is a bandwagoner? You're crazy. In his prime Alstott was terrific, even when he was called a "fumbler" I supported him. The fact is, he should have retired after last season. The guy just doesn't have it anymore, and someone who can't see that needs to get his eyes checked. He's never been a good blocker, and this year he's worse than ever. Over the past two seasons, no matter how you want to try and hype him, he's 4 of 9 on 3rd-and-1. In 2002, he was 7-of-8.

The guy has declined, and frankly this year he sucks. That doesn't tarnish in any way his contributions up until this point, but right now he's practically wasting a roster spot.

The Bears and Green Bay can kiss my ass. Don't you dare ever associate me with either of those teams...or any other team than my Bucs.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#83 : August 26, 2008, 09:17:01 AM

Gradkowski has done a great job at managing games, not making turnovers, and has started to stretch the field some. He's not perfect or even great yet, but we shouldn't expect him to be. If he had last years running game and last years defense, this team would be a contender in the NFC.

I agree.
Still agree?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#84 : August 26, 2008, 10:20:47 AM

^^LOL

Wolf

Rookie

#85 : August 26, 2008, 01:00:02 PM

I agree that DTG dropped the bomb on screwylouie. 

I love this team, and would cheer them even if Leeman Bennett was coaching Alvin Harper and Eric Curry.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We Can Win With Gradkowski « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools