Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Many are so negative about Cadillac Williams BUT « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

« : August 21, 2007, 10:38:37 AM »

If we could rewind ourselves back a few years who in the top picks would you have took with that top pick who would have been thought at that time to be a legit #5 pick?

Alex Smith-Ronnie Brown-Braylan Edwards-Cedric Benson are not available

Pac-Man Jones
Antrel Rolle
Carlos Rogers
Mike Williams
Demarcus Ware
Shawne Merriman
Jammal Brown
Thomas Davis

were the picks that went after TB...Shawne Merriman and Demarcus Ware were steals and not really looked at that high. So really those guys are eliminated

Really for what we got out of Caddy I think we really made the best pick even looking at some that went above us....Alex Smith really is the only top pick that panned out so far

Looking at this class from the 2nd pick down to around 10this class was just  really really bad

PickSiXBuCC

Starter

« #1 : August 21, 2007, 10:42:01 AM »

Damn i really wish we picked up pacman....

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #2 : August 21, 2007, 10:43:31 AM »

or Mike Williams.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #3 : August 21, 2007, 10:45:25 AM »

were the picks that went after TB...Shawne Merriman and Demarcus Ware were steals and not really looked at that high. So really those guys are eliminated
We don't pay our scouting department to decide a player slotted by some five spots lower might be better than some people think? Did Seattle care that most draftniks had Lofa Tatupu rated as a 4th or 5th rounder? No. Thay said we think this guy is a star and they were right.

And we don't need a pro bowl left tackle like Jamaal Brown?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #4 : August 21, 2007, 10:46:22 AM »

Really for what we got out of Caddy I think we really made the best pick even looking at some that went above us....Alex Smith really is the only top pick that panned out so far

We desperately needed RB help, so yes it was the sensible pick.  However, IF they had taken Steven Jackson instead of Clayton we wouldn't have needed a RB in 2005.  

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

« #5 : August 21, 2007, 10:46:37 AM »

You are also allowed to trade down. 

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #6 : August 21, 2007, 10:48:02 AM »

Antrel Rolle looks horrible..Rodgers sucks too. Really weak CB draft class that year. If Steven Jackson was the pick back when Jamaal Brown has to be the pick

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

« #7 : August 21, 2007, 10:54:59 AM »

You are also allowed to trade down.

Yeah but who would have wanted to trade up into that turd pile? Honestly If I had to do it again knowing now what I didnt know then (picking from the at that time op 5 material players)

I would have traded the pick to KC for Larry Johnson....

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #8 : August 21, 2007, 12:06:15 PM »

I really liked Derrick Johnson.  He could have immediately contributed at SAM, and taken over MIKE or WILL for Q/Brooks.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
« #9 : August 21, 2007, 12:16:46 PM »

We don't pay our scouting department to decide a player slotted by some five spots lower might be better than some people think? Did Seattle care that most draftniks had Lofa Tatupu rated as a 4th or 5th rounder? No. Thay said we think this guy is a star and they were right.

FRG, keep in mind that it is Tim Ruskell, the same guy responsible for a pretty bad draft before he left TB (and in fairness, he was here for some good things as well). He also was the college scouting director when we took Eric Curry a "a grade or two high" (that's what he said in a Seattle paper discussing the entire need v. best player approach).

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #10 : August 21, 2007, 12:18:09 PM »

Pacman+Mons Venus=plenty of rain ;)

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #11 : August 21, 2007, 03:11:57 PM »

Lol.

You can't eliminate Ware - I'd be stunned if he weren't option 2 on the Bucs list after Caddy.
When you look at the pedigrees of GruAllen's 1st round picks, "Alma mater: Troy" doesn't jive.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #12 : August 21, 2007, 02:26:25 PM »

I really liked Derrick Johnson. He could have immediately contributed at SAM, and taken over MIKE or WILL for Q/Brooks.

He was probably the only realistic option that has panned out so far.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #13 : August 21, 2007, 02:26:59 PM »

We desperately needed RB help, so yes it was the sensible pick.  However, IF they had taken Steven Jackson instead of Clayton we wouldn't have needed a RB in 2005. 

True, very true.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #14 : August 21, 2007, 02:46:36 PM »

If we could rewind ourselves back a few years who in the top picks would you have took with that top pick who would have been thought at that time to be a legit #5 pick?

Alex Smith-Ronnie Brown-Braylan Edwards-Cedric Benson are not available

Pac-Man Jones
Antrel Rolle
Carlos Rogers
Mike Williams
Demarcus Ware
Shawne Merriman
Jammal Brown
Thomas Davis

So basically you are saying that if you toss out all the really good players in the draft, Caddy was the best option. Hmmmm, interesting way to look at things.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Many are so negative about Cadillac Williams BUT « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools