Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Many are so negative about Cadillac Williams BUT « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 21, 2007, 02:54:52 PM

You are also allowed to trade down. 
There was nobody teams wanted to trade up for. We have had the unfortunate spot of having high draft spots in years where there isn't really a hot guy teams want to move up for.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 21, 2007, 02:55:26 PM

Lol.

You can't eliminate Ware - I'd be stunned if he weren't option 2 on the Bucs list after Caddy.

#17 : August 21, 2007, 06:43:15 PM

Really for what we got out of Caddy I think we really made the best pick even looking at some that went above us....Alex Smith really is the only top pick that panned out so far

Like pouring salt in an open wound!!!!!

We desperately needed RB help, so yes it was the sensible pick.  However, IF they had taken Steven Jackson instead of Clayton we wouldn't have needed a RB in 2005. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 21, 2007, 06:49:19 PM

Really for what we got out of Caddy I think we really made the best pick even looking at some that went above us....Alex Smith really is the only top pick that panned out so far

We desperately needed RB help, so yes it was the sensible pick. However, IF they had taken Steven Jackson instead of Clayton we wouldn't have needed a RB in 2005.

Like pouring salt in an open wound!!!!!

here is a bit more salt:

If we had taken Westbrook instead of Simms, we wouldn't have even needed Jackson

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 21, 2007, 07:05:00 PM

And if the dog hadn't stopped ... that isn't salt - that is simply looking back on a test having the answer key.  If I had that ability I too could be a GM.  We could be the two best GMs in NFL history MJS.  LMAO

I suspect some of those who always know the choices that should have been made don't recall how many they flat blew, and focus on the errors made by others - but you guys are right, if the buccs had made every draft choice count better than anyone else this team would be better now.  What that has to do with reality - who knows.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#20 : August 21, 2007, 07:33:34 PM

merriman might of been a good choice.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 21, 2007, 07:36:10 PM

We desperately needed RB help, so yes it was the sensible pick.  However, IF they had taken Steven Jackson instead of Clayton we wouldn't have needed a RB in 2005. 
Only if we knew back then what we know right now. But you can say that for everything in this world.  There is always a better choice you could have made.
I would love if we had Steven Jackson, But we don't have him. I'm happy with the Cadillac pick. I think he will be a great RB for us.

#22 : August 21, 2007, 09:31:49 PM

And if the dog hadn't stopped ... that isn't salt - that is simply looking back on a test having the answer key. If I had that ability I too could be a GM. We could be the two best GMs in NFL history MJS. LMAO

For some, you may be right but I wanted Jackson then and GruAllen's blunder is even more evident now.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 21, 2007, 10:17:09 PM

And if the dog hadn't stopped ... that isn't salt - that is simply looking back on a test having the answer key. If I had that ability I too could be a GM. We could be the two best GMs in NFL history MJS. LMAO

I suspect some of those who always know the choices that should have been made don't recall how many they flat blew, and focus on the errors made by others - but you guys are right, if the buccs had made every draft choice count better than anyone else this team would be better now. What that has to do with reality - who knows.

The problem with the Clayton over Jackson pick is every Buccs fan in Tampa was screaming Jackson at the TV.

#24 : August 22, 2007, 12:05:35 AM

The problem with the Clayton over Jackson pick is every Buccs fan in Tampa was screaming Jackson at the TV.

I know this Buc fan was and I have the broken remote to prove it!!!!!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 22, 2007, 01:25:22 AM

We should have taken Brady in the 5th, Westbrook, Colston, Traded up in the 2nd for Chad Johnson, McNeil, traded up for Manigold, yatta yatta yatta.  Hindsight is pure bovine excrement.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 22, 2007, 01:59:19 AM

We should have taken Brady in the 5th, Westbrook, Colston, Traded up in the 2nd for Chad Johnson, McNeil, traded up for Manigold, yatta yatta yatta. Hindsight is pure bovine excrement.

Let me fix your post for you...

yatta...is pure bovine excrement.

You said it, not me...

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#27 : August 22, 2007, 02:01:40 AM

I shared the same sentiment on draft day, and the same disappointment now, but people here need to get the hell over that. I swear, I hear more about Steven Jackson on these boards than a lot of actual Bucs. He's not the first Pro Bowler we passed on.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 22, 2007, 02:06:17 AM

If we could rewind ourselves back a few years who in the top picks would you have took with that top pick who would have been thought at that time to be a legit #5 pick?

Alex Smith-Ronnie Brown-Braylan Edwards-Cedric Benson are not available

Pac-Man Jones
Antrel Rolle
Carlos Rogers
Mike Williams
Demarcus Ware
Shawne Merriman
Jammal Brown
Thomas Davis

were the picks that went after TB...Shawne Merriman and Demarcus Ware were steals and not really looked at that high. So really those guys are eliminated

Looking at this class from the 2nd pick down to around 10this class was just really really bad
If you can find it, I was pimping Lights out VERY hard.

How can you not like a kid who has that much speed, smarts, and ability to knock runners unconcious?

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#29 : August 22, 2007, 02:14:38 AM

How can you not like a kid who has that much speed, smarts, and ability to knock runners unconcious?

Probably something insignificant, like they didn't like his roid acne or something....:D
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Many are so negative about Cadillac Williams BUT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools