Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Many are so negative about Cadillac Williams BUT « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 22, 2007, 07:17:27 AM

We should have taken Brady in the 5th, Westbrook, Colston, Traded up in the 2nd for Chad Johnson, McNeil, traded up for Manigold, yatta yatta yatta. Hindsight is pure bovine excrement.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but in all fairness nearly all fans wanted Jackson.  That was the most united draft we have had amongst the fans in a few years.  The Westbrook pick is annoying because McKay overruled Gruden, and Jon gets a lot of stick for his supposedly lack of eye for talent.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 22, 2007, 07:56:48 AM

We should have taken Brady in the 5th, Westbrook, Colston, Traded up in the 2nd for Chad Johnson, McNeil, traded up for Manigold, yatta yatta yatta. Hindsight is pure bovine excrement.
As someone said in another thread, hindsight is the answer key after you take a test. If you are a professional decision maker, which is what personnel executives are, how do you evaluate yourself? Or do you just have carte blanche to make whatever decision you want and there be no repercussions because "it seemed like a good idea at the time"?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 22, 2007, 01:53:06 PM

The problem with the Clayton over Jackson pick is every Buccs fan in Tampa was screaming Jackson at the TV.

I know this Buc fan was and I have the broken remote to prove it!!!!!

And while I agree with this one - just how accepting were you both of Clayton the rookie.  That is the point of the crapshoot known as the NFL draft - folks keep throwing out McNiel as well - and if his questionable back condition stops him from playing in the first couple of years of his contract...  if not a great risk taken and reward received. 

I do know I don't like some of the picks that have and haven't been made - hell we all do - but reading the posts here you would think this is the line for future GMs of the NFL.  So you were right on a couple that team was wrong on - great - I have threatened a conniption should Marcus Thomas turn out to be a good UT/DT - but I am not gonna write about it every freaking time this sort of thread comes up - sooner or later you realize the scouts, the coach, his staff, the gm's staff and the GM know what the teams needs are better than we do, and they have a plan which might be as good or better than ours. 

It can make from some fun writing/posting - but some folks might as well be using the cut and paste feature.  Nothing new, nothing significant and perhaps not even right. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 22, 2007, 03:14:38 PM

And while I agree with this one - just how accepting were you both of Clayton the rookie. That is the point of the crapshoot known as the NFL draft - folks keep throwing out McNiel as well - and if his questionable back condition stops him from playing in the first couple of years of his contract... if not a great risk taken and reward received.

I do know I don't like some of the picks that have and haven't been made - hell we all do - but reading the posts here you would think this is the line for future GMs of the NFL. So you were right on a couple that team was wrong on - great - I have threatened a conniption should Marcus Thomas turn out to be a good UT/DT - but I am not gonna write about it every freaking time this sort of thread comes up - sooner or later you realize the scouts, the coach, his staff, the gm's staff and the GM know what the teams needs are better than we do, and they have a plan which might be as good or better than ours.

It can make from some fun writing/posting - but some folks might as well be using the cut and paste feature. Nothing new, nothing significant and perhaps not even right.
People bring up these kind of moves because some on here feel Gruden and Allen have been victims and there is nothing they could have done to improve the team. That's just not true. They've had more than a few opportunities and 9/10 have made bad decisions and 1/10 made an average decision. They haven't come close to hitting one hoime run. And Charley Casserly, Tom Donohue, and a host of other former GMs had plans and scouts and the whole ball of yard but they're working for TV stations now. Just because you have resources doesn't mean you are going to be right.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#34 : August 22, 2007, 06:00:18 PM

sooner or later you realize the scouts, the coach, his staff, the gm's staff and the GM know what the teams needs are better than we do, and they have a plan which might be as good or better than ours.

You left out that they could have a plan that sux or quite possibly no plan at all.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 22, 2007, 06:06:54 PM

sooner or later you realize the scouts, the coach, his staff, the gm's staff and the GM know what the teams needs are better than we do, and they have a plan which might be as good or better than ours.

You left out that they could have a plan that sux or quite possibly no plan at all.

They had a plan but the problem is everyone has a plan. This world isn't about a plan, it is about executing a plan. They had something in mind with Clayton but it obviously failed miserably. What they meant to have happen is meaningless since what happened sucked.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 22, 2007, 06:08:52 PM

Yea - I did, bc that is as likely as your sig pic becoming the next emblem on the Eagles helmets.  The might be unsuccessful in moves but there are too many smart people who make their living evaluating team needs and players talents to accept your comment as anything significant.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#37 : August 22, 2007, 10:45:36 PM

Yea - I did, bc that is as likely as your sig pic becoming the next emblem on the Eagles helmets.  The might be unsuccessful in moves but there are too many smart people who make their living evaluating team needs and players talents to accept your comment as anything significant.

Why thank you for that enlightening post.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Many are so negative about Cadillac Williams BUT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools