Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads' 4th Down Pass to Michael Clayton « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« : November 06, 2006, 04:33:45 PM »

I didnt see the game so I dont know how bad a missed pass this was. From the reaction to it though it seemed like a pretty poor through. What happened on the play? Can anyone explain in detail?

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #1 : November 06, 2006, 04:37:02 PM »

I didnt see the game so I dont know how bad a missed pass this was. From the reaction to it though it seemed like a pretty poor through. What happened on the play? Can anyone explain in detail?

He over threw Clayton, what else do you need to know? 

Grads acknowledged he fcuked up, Gruden acknowledged Grads made bad mistake.

Well Gruden said it would have been a Touchdown.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
« #2 : November 06, 2006, 04:38:21 PM »

it would have been...there was nobody within 20 yards from clayton it was a terrible throw...

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
« #3 : November 06, 2006, 04:39:13 PM »

Wasnt grads running the opposite way with defenders right in his face?  It was overthrown but there was also pressure, as I remember

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 06, 2006, 04:40:29 PM »

It was a bad throw, and Clayton would have scored if it had been on the money (and had Clayton not dropped it).

« #5 : November 06, 2006, 04:40:54 PM »

Grads was blitzed, and he found the right man, but seemed to rush a bit.  Clayton was open about 8 yards downfield to the right.  The ball sailed over Clayton's head.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 06, 2006, 04:48:58 PM »

It was a bad throw, and Clayton would have scored if it had been on the money (and had Clayton not dropped it).

It was a 3rd and 4 play on the Saints 34 yard line.  Clayton was about one yard over the 1st down so he would have had the ball on the Saints 29 yard line with half of the Saints D to beat…..no way in hell that would have been a TD.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 06, 2006, 04:49:02 PM »

Excellent call, but a piss poor pass. Looked like Bruce panicked, at least I hope he wasn't calm and collected when he threw that lemon..

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #8 : November 06, 2006, 04:50:53 PM »

It was a 3rd and 4 play on the Saints 34 yard line.  Clayton was about one yard over the 1st down so he would have had the ball on the Saints 29 yard line with half of the Saints D to beat…..no way in hell that would have been a TD.

Incorrect. There was nothing between Clayton and the end zone. Oh, and it was 4th and 3, not 3rd and 4.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 06, 2006, 04:53:33 PM »

Actually MJS, I think it was 4th down. 4th and 5 if I remember. That pass was overthrown by a whole lot, at least a foot. It didn't look like Clayton had anyone around him in the near vicinity. At the very worst it would have been a first down, possibly more. Still, Bucs were down 31-14 at that point so I don't think it makes that much difference in the final outcome.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #10 : November 06, 2006, 04:54:05 PM »

Incorrect. There was nothing between Clayton and the end zone. Oh, and it was 4th and 3, not 3rd and 4.

If the ball had been thrown to where Clayton was, there was a D player two or three yards away with a much better angle than Clayton.  The CB and FS were both down field, so it is highly unlikely he would have got much in terms of YAC.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 06, 2006, 04:55:18 PM »

Go back and look at it again. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #12 : November 06, 2006, 04:57:11 PM »

Actually MJS, I think it was 4th down. 4th and 5 if I remember. That pass was overthrown by a whole lot, at least a foot. It didn't look like Clayton had anyone around him in the near vicinity. At the very worst it would have been a first down, possibly more. Still, Bucs were down 31-14 at that point so I don't think it makes that much difference in the final outcome.

4-3-NO34 (12:28) B.Gradkowski pass incomplete short right to M.Clayton. overthrown   ;)

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20061105_NO@TB

Clayton was bang on the little yellow line that the TV superimpose, so he was 31 yards out.  He was between the ash mark and sideline, approximately 3 or 4 yards from the line of scrimmage......so there were players in his vicinity.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 06, 2006, 04:57:42 PM »

Go back and look at it again. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I did at the time with my DVR. 

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 06, 2006, 05:01:24 PM »

Clayton was bang on the little yellow line that the TV superimpose, so he was 31 yards out. He was between the ash mark and sideline, approximately 3 or 4 yards from the line of scrimmage......so there were players in his vicinity.

There was only one player close to him from the camera angle I was watching, and Clayton was behind him. I dunno about TD, but there was plenty of room for YAC and an easy 1st down had Grads been on target..

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads' 4th Down Pass to Michael Clayton « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools