Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarterback situation next year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« : November 06, 2006, 04:50:53 PM »

Gruden’s mind is made up, Grads is the guy to run his offense.

I am sure they will offer Simms a one year vets minimum deal just because he should know the offense by now.   No way in hell they will offer him anything more than a one year deal, and even if they did Chris isn’t going to take a long-term lowball deal. I doubt Simms wants to stay in Tampa, and he will get better offers elsewhere.

Next season we will roll with Grads, McCown and a veteran brought in during FA.  If the FA really impresses he might start next season but only if Grads regresses

Man, you got it all figured out, huh? lol

If you are keeping up it really isn’t that hard to decipher.   :P

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
« #1 : November 06, 2006, 04:33:56 PM »

Here's my take on what happens next year, some of you will agree and most of you might not, but here it is.

Simms will re-sign not a long term contract, but maybe 2-3 years. The reason being is that Gruden will be in the hot seat next year and he wont have the time to try and develope another qb if Gradkowski isn't the guy. He will need someone who knows this offense in and out and who has had some success in it, which is why Simms and Gradkowski will battle for the starting job.

Now if Gruden isn't in the hot seat. Who would like to see Brady Quinn? The guy runs a west coast style offense in ND and is sort of mobile. Would the city of Tampa be willing to let Gruden try his luck with one more QB in Tampa?

Johnson, Griese, Simms x2, and now Gradkowski since 2002

let me know your thoughts

« #2 : November 06, 2006, 04:36:02 PM »

I would not like to see Quinn.....let's get help on defense....PLEASE...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 06, 2006, 04:40:58 PM »

Here's my take on what happens next year, some of you will agree and most of you might not, but here it is.

Simms will re-sign not a long term contract, but maybe 2-3 years. The reason being is that Gruden will be in the hot seat next year and he wont have the time to try and develope another qb if Gradkowski isn't the guy. He will need someone who knows this offense in and out and who has had some success in it, which is why Simms and Gradkowski will battle for the starting job.

Now if Gruden isn't in the hot seat. Who would like to see Brady Quinn? The guy runs a west coast style offense in ND and is sort of mobile. Would the city of Tampa be willing to let Gruden try his luck with one more QB in Tampa?

Johnson, Griese, Simms x2, and now Gradkowski since 2002

let me know your thoughts

I am sure they will offer Simms a one year vets minimum deal just because he should know the offense by now.   No way in hell they will offer him anything more than a one year deal, and even if they did Chris isn’t going to take a long-term lowball deal. I doubt Simms wants to stay in Tampa, and he will get better offers elsewhere.

Next season we will roll with Grads, McCown and a veteran brought in during FA.  If the FA really impresses he might start next season but only if Grads regresses.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 06, 2006, 04:41:49 PM »

He will need someone who knows this offense in and out

If that's the case, then Simms isn't the guy. He was still struggling to get this offense down.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

« #5 : November 06, 2006, 04:42:59 PM »

The city of Tampa will not have the patience for Gruden to groom another QB. He needs results next year or the cries will be too much for the Glazers and Gruden will be gone...so he won't draft a QB to be the starter. He'll most likely stick with Grads and maybe try to bring in a veteran QB backup to compete with Bruce in TC. Simms might stay, but that's completely up to him. He'll probably go to another team that will name him the starter though. What this team needs is consistency at QB. Look at the successfull offenses in the league, they've all had the same QB for years. Gruden hasn't had the same QB start a whole season in 3 years.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 06, 2006, 04:46:40 PM »

Next season we will roll with Grads, McCown and a veteran brought in during FA.  If the FA really impresses he might start next season but only if Grads regresses

Man, you got it all figured out, huh? lol

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 06, 2006, 05:05:58 PM »

If you are keeping up it really isn’t that hard to decipher. :P

I was keeping up when Gruden stated we had to run the ball more. Look how that turned out..

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #8 : November 06, 2006, 05:06:34 PM »

I was keeping up when Gruden stated we had to run the ball more. Look how that turned out..

The O-line is stinking, AGAIN, for sure.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 06, 2006, 05:07:03 PM »

If Houston continues to stink it up I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade for Carr

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #10 : November 06, 2006, 05:10:48 PM »

The O-line is stinking, AGAIN, for sure.

Yea, so Gruden's brilliant solution is to turn loose a rookie QB on everyone..   [banghead]

I just hope Grads survives the season..

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 06, 2006, 05:12:21 PM »

Yea, so Gruden's brilliant solution is to turn loose a rookie QB on everyone..   [banghead]

I just hope Grads survives the season..

he took a couple of big hits in the back yesterday because the O-line went all Swiss Cheese.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #12 : November 06, 2006, 05:17:28 PM »

he took a couple of big hits in the back yesterday because the O-line went all Swiss Cheese.

I saw that. It's also due in part to Grads taking more time than the OL is giving him to make decisions. That part is natural, of course, and should be alleviated once he becomes more instinctive about his reads..

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #13 : November 06, 2006, 05:49:09 PM »

This discussion should be over. Watch today's PC...Gradkowski is our guy, case closed.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 06, 2006, 05:58:46 PM »

This discussion should be over. Watch today's PC...Gradkowski is our guy, case closed.

Why? Because coaches always tell the truth?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarterback situation next year « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools