Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarterback situation next year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : November 06, 2006, 06:03:43 PM

Why? Because coaches always tell the truth?

Wellllll...nooo.  I do think that Gruden likes him, though, and he's earned more time as the starter.  We'll see how this season plays out before we decide whether he's our "franchise QB" or if we need to pick up another guy.  He's showing me enough to keep me optimistic.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#16 : November 06, 2006, 06:07:53 PM

Because I have been following the Bucs for a long time and I know when Gruden is telling the truth outright. Sometimes he says things that don't really mean much, but this is meaningful. Mark it down and remember in this instance I said it.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 06, 2006, 06:52:16 PM

Because I have been following the Bucs for a long time and I know when Gruden is telling the truth outright. Sometimes he says things that don't really mean much, but this is meaningful. Mark it down and remember in this instance I said it.

I totally concur.

It was equally obvious last year when he spoke about Simms that he wasn't fully behind him.

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 06, 2006, 06:56:38 PM

We should go out and spend our top pick on a QB?  Because he'd be SO much better right away than our Current Rookie QB would be next year? 

Kinda like how much better Leinart and Young are this year?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 06, 2006, 07:00:46 PM

We should go out and spend our top pick on a QB?  Because he'd be SO much better right away than our Current Rookie QB would be next year? 

Kinda like how much better Leinart and Young are this year?

Plus we don't need the $40 million a first round QB will cost. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 06, 2006, 07:10:00 PM

How can anyone with any sense not like Grads? I don't get this. It all goes back to instant gratification and most fans don't have the patience needed to pull through this. Grads has looked really good, there is no questioning that. For his tenure in this league and the type of offense he's running the kid has looked great. I'm not saying he's Peyton Manning but for being a rookie I think he's handled EVERYTHING pretty damn well. I hope he's the QB of the Bucs next year and with experience how can he not be??

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 06, 2006, 07:27:22 PM

Because I have been following the Bucs for a long time and I know when Gruden is telling the truth outright. Sometimes he says things that don't really mean much, but this is meaningful...

Oh ok, you know when he's telling the truth OUTRIGHT because he's been a Buc for 4 years now?

What about when he said this..

"If we can’t run the ball and run it with authority, there’s no sense in being here. You get in the ring, you take the robe off and you throw punches. That’s how you run the ball. We’ve got to make running the football and protecting the ball a major, major theme here." -1/4/05

That was a pretty meaningful statement at the time, and I'd lay money down that it was the truth at the time too. Yet he's regressed into the pass-happy, defense ignoring head coach he was before that..

All I'm saying is that you can believe what you want to, that's your choice, but not everything you hear, that's my choice..

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#22 : November 06, 2006, 07:30:17 PM

Gradkowski is the guy.  Show me evidence that we should think otherwise right now.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 06, 2006, 07:31:48 PM

Gradkowski is the guy.  Show me evidence that we should think otherwise right now.

Show me evidence that he is the guy.

Something besides coach-speak..

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 06, 2006, 07:33:25 PM

Something besides coach-speak..

That's all that's necessary right now. No one with any football sense at all can listen to Gruden speak about him and NOT recognize the difference between how he's spoken of other QB's and how he speaks of this one.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 06, 2006, 07:43:33 PM

That's all that's necessary right now. No one with any football sense at all can listen to Gruden speak about him and NOT recognize the difference between how he's spoken of other QB's and how he speaks of this one.

I'm sorry, but I've seen enough coaches, not just Gruden, in my lifetime to know that coachspeak and 20 cents still only gets you one phone call..

When Grads is moving the ball down the field and consistently hitting his passes at a 60% or better clip, and I'm not saying that day won't come, then I'll start to believe it. Call me jaded..

gharen

Pro Bowler

#26 : November 06, 2006, 07:57:15 PM

Coach speak would be saying yes, he is our QB, but Gruden is going on and on about the guy. That is not coach speak!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 06, 2006, 07:58:32 PM

I'm sorry, but I've seen enough coaches, not just Gruden, in my lifetime to know that coachspeak and 20 cents still only gets you one phone call..

When Grads is moving the ball down the field and consistently hitting his passes at a 60% or better clip, and I'm not saying that day won't come, then I'll start to believe it. Call me jaded..

you're beyond jaded.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 06, 2006, 08:17:40 PM

you're beyond jaded.

Why, because I'm not pissing down my leg over what Gruden says?

Like most, I see a QB who is performing much better than his predecessor, but nothing that I've seen leads me to believe he's going to be a superstar. Not yet anyway..

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 06, 2006, 08:21:44 PM

you're beyond jaded.

Why, because I'm not pissing down my leg over what Gruden says?

Like most, I see a QB who is performing much better than his predecessor, but nothing that I've seen leads me to believe he's going to be a superstar. Not yet anyway..

no red because you f-ing said you were. I'm not pissing down my leg over what Gruden says either, just know a good thing when I see it.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarterback situation next year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools