Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarterback situation next year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#30 : November 06, 2006, 08:34:58 PM

Because I have been following the Bucs for a long time and I know when Gruden is telling the truth outright. Sometimes he says things that don't really mean much, but this is meaningful...

Oh ok, you know when he's telling the truth OUTRIGHT because he's been a Buc for 4 years now?

What about when he said this..

"If we can’t run the ball and run it with authority, there’s no sense in being here. You get in the ring, you take the robe off and you throw punches. That’s how you run the ball. We’ve got to make running the football and protecting the ball a major, major theme here." -1/4/05

That was a pretty meaningful statement at the time, and I'd lay money down that it was the truth at the time too. Yet he's regressed into the pass-happy, defense ignoring head coach he was before that..

All I'm saying is that you can believe what you want to, that's your choice, but not everything you hear, that's my choice..

You think he doesn't want to run the ball with authority? You can debate all day about whether he wants to run or pass more but the truth of the matter is he can't do one without the other. He wants to run the ball with authority because that means he can pass more or he wants to run the ball with authority so that he can pound it down the defense's throat. Either way, this is a TRUE statement. You want proof? He drafted a RB who runs with authority if he has the proper blocking ahead of him, and even runs with great authority without it sometimes. This RB can't catch or block for the passing game right now so he is a pure runner. That's dedication to wanting to run the football and he showed it by drafting Cadillac Williams.

He has gone on record saying he would like to run it every down. That is crap and coach speak, but the above comment you posted is dead on. He wants to run the ball with authority - show me one coach who doesn't.

Believe whatever you want and I will do the same. I am telling you now though, next season when Gradkowski is our starter (barring injury) look this thread up. The season after that if Gruden is still the coach, look this thread up. Gradkowski is his guy man.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 06, 2006, 08:36:59 PM

no red because you f-ing said you were. I'm not pissing down my leg over what Gruden says either, just know a good thing when I see it.

I never said "beyond", you did.

ehh... you f-ing did.. 

Nice pirate wench...

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 06, 2006, 08:45:44 PM

You think he doesn't want to run the ball with authority? You can debate all day about whether he wants to run or pass more but the truth of the matter is he can't do one without the other. He wants to run the ball with authority because that means he can pass more or he wants to run the ball with authority so that he can pound it down the defense's throat. Either way, this is a TRUE statement. You want proof? He drafted a RB who runs with authority if he has the proper blocking ahead of him, and even runs with great authority without it sometimes. This RB can't catch or block for the passing game right now so he is a pure runner. That's dedication to wanting to run the football and he showed it by drafting Cadillac Williams.

I'll go you one better, he even drafted the OL he needed to get the job done.

Yet, even though it's fact that if Caddy gets 20+ runs we're always competitive (look it up), he continues to limit him like he did this week.

Why? It's becoming painfully obvious that Gruden himself has no idea what he wants to do with this offense. And 4 years is long enough to figure it out..

And I'm not saying Grads isn't going to be the starter, never said that, but just because Gruden's singing his praises is no reason to place a guarantee on it. He loved Caddy too..

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 06, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Yet, even though it's fact that if Caddy gets 20+ runs we're always competitive (look it up), he continues to limit him like he did this week.

The Bucs have never lost a game in which Paris Warren has caught a pass. No really, it's true! So to win, Gruden just needs to put Warren in for one quick reception on the first drive, then it's game over. Bucs win! Bucs win! Bucs win!

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 06, 2006, 09:11:51 PM

The Bucs have never lost a game in which Paris Warren has caught a pass. No really, it's true! So to win, Gruden just needs to put Warren in for one quick reception on the first drive, then it's game over. Bucs win! Bucs win! Bucs win!

Lame

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 06, 2006, 09:12:29 PM

IQ noted.

It was necessary to drop it considerably.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 06, 2006, 09:13:16 PM

It was necessary to drop it considerably.

But I assume not difficult.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 06, 2006, 09:17:35 PM

But I assume not difficult.

Not at all, since certain posters themselves can suck the intelligence right out of a thread by the utter stupidity of their posts alone.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 06, 2006, 09:18:31 PM

Not at all, since certain posters themselves can suck the intelligence right out of a thread by the utter stupidity of their posts alone.

Congrats then, you've found your calling...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 06, 2006, 09:19:34 PM

Touche.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 06, 2006, 09:20:15 PM

No, I found that years ago.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarterback situation next year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools