Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Chris Henry has been suspended « previous next »
Page: 1

Cheers

Pro Bowler

: October 06, 2006, 02:21:14 PM

Bengals WR Henry suspended two games   

Courtesy of Cincinnati Bengals media relations

CINCINNATI (Oct. 6, 2006) -- The Bengals have been notified by the NFL that WR Chris Henry has been suspended without pay for the team's next two games for violating the NFL's Personal Conduct and Substance Abuse policies. Henry also will be fined $20,000.

Under league policy, Henry will be held out of practices as well as Games 5-6, but he will be allowed to attend meetings and to work out individually at team facilities. Games 5-6 are Oct. 15 at Tampa Bay and Oct. 22 vs. Carolina. The Bengals have a bye on this weekend's NFL schedule.

Henry will be eligible to rejoin the Bengals' active roster on Mon., Oct. 23. During the suspension, he will be placed on Reserve/Suspended by Commissioner, and will not count against the team's 53-player roster limit.

Individual teams are not involved in the administration of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy, and all requests for comment regarding the policy should be directed to the NFL communications office.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CIN/9709627

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 06, 2006, 02:24:30 PM

This guy is becoming more throuble than he's worth.  Yes he's a very good receiver with a lot of potential, but you already have 85 and Housyormama!  Do you really need a 3rd receiver this badly??

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 06, 2006, 02:31:21 PM

I agree about the trouble. I am glad that this receiver won't play against us...usually I want a team at full strength, but now I think I just would like the offense and Grad. to get some playing time without getting spleenectomies.  ;)

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 06, 2006, 02:36:50 PM

Maybe Henry and Haynesworth can go start their own league along with Koren Robinson.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#4 : October 06, 2006, 02:48:12 PM

He is worth the trouble. We could only wish our WR corps was as good as theirs.

We build by character which I believe in, but how can you blame them for dealing with a guy with these type of skills. He is a good WR and would be great if he could keep his head on straight. They'll take what they can get out of him though.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 06, 2006, 03:38:42 PM

Great.  Another one of my late fantasy pickups banished...

GREAT.

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 06, 2006, 04:29:46 PM

Great. Another one of my late fantasy pickups banished...

GREAT.

Sorry Boid... :'(  Maybe the rest of your picks will be outstanding!! 

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 06, 2006, 04:33:42 PM

He is worth the trouble. We could only wish our WR corps was as good as theirs.

We build by character which I believe in, but how can you blame them for dealing with a guy with these type of skills. He is a good WR and would be great if he could keep his head on straight. They'll take what they can get out of him though.

We've already been through this with Keyshawn and we all know how that worked out. Now we see how the Bengal's are doing with this type of character...I'm glad we aren't dealing with it this year.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 06, 2006, 05:55:57 PM

guy needs to get his head on straight... hes a very good WR just needs to screw his head on

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 06, 2006, 05:56:17 PM

again?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 06, 2006, 09:17:11 PM

Boy, the Bengals sure are doing their best to set the record for most players sent to the clink in one year, aren't they?

What a bunch of goons.

The real question to ask is, did the Bengals literally draft that many time bombs, or is the coach just waaaay to lax on them, and his approach to how they should behave?

I guess the Bengals took the athleticism over anything else. 

Either that, or the Cincy Police Department isn't ANYTHING to mess with...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#11 : October 06, 2006, 10:07:17 PM

Maybe the stripes on their unis mean something besides tigers! ;)

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 07, 2006, 09:14:53 AM

Good news for us. 1 less talented receiver for our Defense to cover.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

ohwhyknott

Practice Squad

#13 : October 07, 2006, 03:34:52 PM

Boy, the Bengals sure are doing their best to set the record for most players sent to the clink in one year, aren't they?

What a bunch of goons.

The real question to ask is, did the Bengals literally draft that many time bombs, or is the coach just waaaay to lax on them, and his approach to how they should behave?

I guess the Bengals took the athleticism over anything else.

Either that, or the Cincy Police Department isn't ANYTHING to mess with...
Hi all! Cincy fan here. You make a good point about the Cincinnatti police. They do go overboard. They taisered Mathias Askew for parking his car in the wrong place. He is a big guy, & I guess the cop did'nt want to take any chances with him. A street vendor sat up shop selling tapes, on the sidewalk, & Askew was just looking at what he had, when the cop yelled at him to move his @#$# car. Askew came back with a statement about the cop's sour additude, & the fact that he did'nt know about the parking space being wrong. So the cop just taisered him, & witnesses said it was, for no reason, except that cop was a butt. On Cris Henry---what can I say? He has'nt grown up yet, I guess. Marvin Lewis took over a Bengals team 4 years ago, that was in a mess. He took some chances, on some players, because they were still available at some very low areas of the draft. With Carson Palmer being Lewis's first choice, he had to build a pityful defense that lost Takeo Spikes, & drafted Big 'Duddy' Wilkinson the year before he arrived. At the same time, he had to build an offense around his new QB, so that Carson Palmer would'nt be fed to the wolves, as a rookie. They were lucky that John Kitna was there. All of these troubled players would have been long gone when the Bengals drafted, if they had clean records. Odell Thurman was the highest rated LB in the draft, when the Bengals took David Pollock in the first round. They were shocked to see him still available in the second round. They felt like they just could'nt pass him up again, as bad as they needed LB's. Brian Simmons was the only good LB they had at that time. Cris Henry was drafted in the third round. A.J. Henderson was another late round pick. Ahmad Brooks was a third round pick, in the supplemental draft. This guy hits like a Mack truck, but he's still learning. Cincy has tried to sign every big name D-Lineman that was available. They've finally signed Sam Adams, & drafted Domata Peko, but they still can't stop the run. They lost Odell Thurman, to suspension, David Pollock's broken neck, & Dexter Jackson to an ankle injury, & the defense fell apart---again. To be honest, I'm worried about the Bucs game. It should be a good one. I used to live in Clearwater Fla. & I miss the Bucs. We all have our problems, but the Bucs have allways played tough defense, & that makes it fun to watch!   
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Chris Henry has been suspended « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools