Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeremiah Trotter To Visit With The Bucs Tonight « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 22, 2007, 07:44:36 PM

The only thing he brings to the table is blowing up the run.. But on 3rd downs hes butt his out

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#16 : August 22, 2007, 07:53:43 PM

Nece should not have taken the Jacksonville game off.  I'm afraid he's seen as a major liability now.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 22, 2007, 07:55:22 PM

If only we can get the other team to agree not to pass on first or second down, he would be a great pick up.

One thing this shows is that Ruud is no Quarles, because I sure as heck don't recall the team being that worried about the back up Mike when he was here. 

He will improve the run D to be sure, but he is such a liability in the passing game in a normal D, let alone one that puts a super premium on that ability like the Tampa 2.  I'd bet he is in to run the 40, and once they see a "5", that will be that. 

Nece certainly looked terrible at the back up Mike, but he plays the Sam well, and that is a position we will need next year when Brooks is sent out to pasture, and June takes that spot. 

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 22, 2007, 08:07:52 PM

???  They are not wasting anytime are they?

There ain't much to waste.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

#19 : August 22, 2007, 08:15:56 PM

If we sign Trotter now that tells me the team has little confidence in Ruud on the run downs.
But we still need a back-up, although Nece is not the answer, let's wait to see what's available in the next week or two.

This sounds like a Daunte Culpepper type visit.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 22, 2007, 08:22:53 PM

If we sign Trotter now that tells me the team has little confidence in Ruud on the run downs.

What? I'm not buying it, this league is all about depth and Trotter wouldn't be a horrible player to sit at #2.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#21 : August 22, 2007, 08:42:42 PM

This sounds like a Daunte Culpepper type visit.

Yeah, it may be no more than a Daunte Culpepper visit.  I think we'll have him come in to discuss his situation, how much he is asking for in a contract, and what his role on the team would be if he signs here.  I wonder if they are going to put him through a physical and workouts unlike Culpepper.  If the Bucs really want him though, I'm sure that they can get Jeff Garcia, his former teamate in Philadelphia to recruit him here.  Obviously the Bucs must be a little interested though because they didn't waste any time bringing him into Tampa.

#22 : August 22, 2007, 08:43:48 PM

We're not looking for "not a horrible player" we already have that.
Trotter is worth a visit, but there's time to find out what's out there rather than just grabbin' for the first guy off the shelf.

#23 : August 22, 2007, 08:56:32 PM

Of course. And I have read nowhere that the Bucs ever planned on playing any of those players at the position. When moving Nece over to compete as a backup is the plan, clearly we had no depth at the position and means nothing regarding the confidence of our staff in the LB unit as a whole.

We didn't read anything prior to the fact about Nece moving to the middle either.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 22, 2007, 09:27:13 PM

Sometimes I read comments on this forum and I just have to shake my head.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 22, 2007, 09:28:58 PM

Sometimes I read comments on this forum and I just have to shake my head.

You should stop reading your own posts then, it'll help that.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 22, 2007, 09:29:52 PM

Damn, what have I done to deserve that?

richbucsfan

Starter

#27 : August 22, 2007, 09:31:12 PM

I have never liked Ruud since he came to the Bucs.  He is small and by no means has a mean streak which, in my opinion, is a necessity for a middle backer.  He is, in fact, well, nice... as evidenced by the interviews he gives.  Can you imagine Jack Lambert mugging for the camera and enjoying joking about his mustache?  what about Singletary? what about the other greats at MLB?  Would never happen.  Frankly, our whole defense is 'nice'.  A championship defense is mean, determined, on a mission to break the will of the opposing offense and a few of their bones in the process.  If Trotter is a mean SOB, bring him on.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 22, 2007, 09:38:17 PM

You do not even need to be an insider to know that the Bucs train their LB's to play multiple positions.  I suggest you keep reading.

And I have read nowhere that the Bucs ever planned on playing any of those players at the position

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 22, 2007, 09:39:18 PM

I have never liked Ruud since he came to the Bucs.  He is small and by no means has a mean streak which, in my opinion, is a necessity for a middle backer.  He is, in fact, well, nice... as evidenced by the interviews he gives.  Can you imagine Jack Lambert mugging for the camera and enjoying joking about his mustache?  what about Singletary? what about the other greats at MLB?  Would never happen.  Frankly, our whole defense is 'nice'.  A championship defense is mean, determined, on a mission to break the will of the opposing offense and a few of their bones in the process.  If Trotter is a mean SOB, bring him on.
What are you smoking? Ruud isn't small he is 6'1 240 that is BIG for a MLB. Quarles was 225 at most

Damn, what have I done to deserve that?
I don't know maybe he was just trying to be funny or something.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeremiah Trotter To Visit With The Bucs Tonight « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools