Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeremiah Trotter To Visit With The Bucs Tonight « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 22, 2007, 09:42:58 PM

One thing this shows is that Ruud is no Quarles, because I sure as heck don't recall the team being that worried about the back up Mike when he was here. 

Errr.....perhaps the reason the Bucs didn't worry about the Mike when Quarles was here is because RUUD was backing him up???

The Ryan Nece at MLB experiment is an obvious failure. Frankly, Nece just needs to be a ST Ace and leave the linebacking to the REAL defensive players.

Trotter would provide depth, nothing more...and believe me, I'd much rather see Jeremiah Trotter in there than Ryan Nece any day of the week.

T

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 22, 2007, 09:56:56 PM

Sign him, I love Trotter's intensity and run stopping ability. Maybe some of that leadership and intensity would rub off on Ruud.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 22, 2007, 10:12:13 PM

If only we can get the other team to agree not to pass on first or second down, he would be a great pick up.

One thing this shows is that Ruud is no Quarles, because I sure as heck don't recall the team being that worried about the back up Mike when he was here. 

Or maybe it shows Nece is no Ruud. There's no need to look around for a backup Mike if you have faith in the one you have.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#33 : August 22, 2007, 10:16:01 PM

It wouldn't hurt to have more attitude at our MLB position. I won't be surprised if Trotter ends up beating out Ruud. Trotter will have a major chip on his shoulder this year and maybe the Bucs think his lack of speed will be overcome by June's speed. I'm sure Monte is smart enough to put a scheme together that won't make Trotter a target in the passing game. This defense needs an ass kicker!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 22, 2007, 11:01:21 PM

Trotter is limited as a 3-4 ILB at this point.

LA BUC

Starter

#35 : August 23, 2007, 12:03:29 AM

Sign the guy, we want to win.   Trotter is real good he can tackle Deuce.

#36 : August 23, 2007, 12:11:19 AM

Sign the guy, we want to win. Trotter is real good he can tackle Deuce.

If i recall correctly, the Saints ran all over the eagles twice last year.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 23, 2007, 12:15:53 AM

Somebody show me where Trotter is poor in pass protection compared to what we have please? I hear a bunch of posters talking about how bad he is in pass protect and I imagine that's because you guys stick together or follow but with what we have are you seriously saying that Trotter is a dropoff from Ruud?

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

LA BUC

Starter

#38 : August 23, 2007, 12:20:41 AM

That is true... my bad .   We got to do something and I think Trotter would be a big up grade. This Deuce on loose crap has gotta stop.  

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 23, 2007, 01:02:09 AM

Well, if you're worried about Deuce so much then I guess we should worry even more about our special teams after giving up the return last year to Reggie Bush. Is there a player out there that we can pick up that can assure us that Reggie Bush won't crush us again?

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

superbuc

Practice Squad
#40 : August 23, 2007, 01:19:59 AM

I am inclined to think that the Bucs are just "taking a look" (didn't Trotter or his agent make the call to the Bucs rather than the other way around?). 

It may be a little bit of a show for the other LBs to light a fire under their butts (not DB or June, I'm speaking of Ruud, Nece, Black)......just a thought.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 23, 2007, 01:45:05 AM

Trotter is one guy I think the BUcs may look to sign.  I have been remiss about the other guys, but this one sounds sort of interesting to me...

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 24, 2007, 01:18:52 AM

How about we see if Quarels can pass his physical now.  Bring him back.
Let me see if I fully grasp what you are saying....you want the team, after cutting Shelton for not passing a physical because of a bone on bone knee and serious concussions, to give him a new physical and pass him. Do you realize what kind of PR hit the team would take? I can just hear the outcry now because to do so would to basically admit they lied.

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#43 : August 24, 2007, 01:14:39 AM

How about we see if Quarels can pass his physical now.  Bring him back.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#44 : August 24, 2007, 12:39:47 AM

I had a friend taking pictures outside in the bushes and he got these ...

Those were pretty funny...when they were done with Slo-Mo.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeremiah Trotter To Visit With The Bucs Tonight « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools