Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeremiah Trotter To Visit With The Bucs Tonight « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#90 : August 23, 2007, 07:10:39 PM

Funny. Wrong, and way off base, but funny nonetheless.

I don't know what you mean by wrong and off base.  It was no rip on him, only poking fun at the fact everyone says he's too slow to play effectively any longer.  BTW - I'm in favor of bringing him in regardless of his cover skills. 

buckit

Hall of Famer

#91 : August 23, 2007, 07:19:36 PM

Ah.  I thought you were bashing him as too old and slow.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#92 : August 23, 2007, 07:41:18 PM

What I Find interesting is that everyone mentions the injuries to our back-ups at MIKE position. I don't want to sound arrogant, but were either of them guys going to make the team anyway? I know Cash had an outside chance due to his special teams play, but with Winborn,Black, and Nece backing up, he really had a slim chance....

We do need a capable back-up to Ruud, but I wouldn't say bringing in Trotter was due to our injuries...as it was the poor play of Nece in the middle...

Badabing, that's a good point to an extent. It is about Nece's inability to nail down the position.

But I don't think we would have brought Trotter in if Cash hadn't got hurt. After watching Nece against Jax, I've got to think that Cash actually would have made the team over Nece, barring a big turnaround.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#93 : August 23, 2007, 11:19:34 PM

The Eagles would not have cut him if something wasn't wrong.  He no longer has the speed to blitz effectively.  Or to make a sideline play effectively.  Or to move effectively.

But I am still intrigued, and think he brings a ton to the table. 

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#94 : August 23, 2007, 11:29:09 PM

The Eagles would not have cut him if something wasn't wrong.  He no longer has the speed to blitz effectively.  Or to make a sideline play effectively.  Or to move effectively.

Intangibles....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#95 : August 23, 2007, 11:36:51 PM

The Eagles would not have cut him if something wasn't wrong. He no longer has the speed to blitz effectively. Or to make a sideline play effectively. Or to move effectively.

Intangibles....
Exactly.  Kind of reminds me of a much much much much more outspoken Q...

What Q lacked in physicality, or more precisely, athleticism, he makes up for in spades with leadership.  And hustle.  I think Trot brings the same things. 

In short, I would like to see him sign up with the program, work with Kiff.  It would be a GREAT fit, IMO.  And a good fit for all the other linebackers.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#96 : August 24, 2007, 12:39:53 PM

Quarles is done.  Give it up.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#97 : August 24, 2007, 01:04:00 PM

what are they waiting for?

This is what aggrivates me sometimes.  I love that our Bucs bring in everyone and their mothers for visits, virtually doing everything imaginable to try and improve the team, but we don't close the deal on many of the visits.

For instance, QB Daunte Culpepper.  We didn't offer him a contract and I'd much rather have him in there in case of a Garcia injury then Gradkowski or McCown.  McCown isn't playing bad in pre-season, but let's remind ourselves it's preseason and that the kid truley is nothing special...

LB Jeremiah Trotter, who is better then our very own Barrett Ruud, is certainly an upgrade over Ryan Nece or Jamie Winborn.  I could see them not wanting to part ways with Brooks, June, Ruud, or Black to make room for Trotter, but I'd cut Winborn/Nece in a second to sign this guy.

WR Eddie Drummond- Let's see what they do with him.  He is certainly better then Jones/Owens.

I hope they dont miss out on Trotter...

LA BUC

Starter

#98 : August 25, 2007, 02:23:53 AM

Im tired of losing... sign Trotter so we can win!!!

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#99 : August 25, 2007, 02:46:28 AM

For instance, QB Daunte Culpepper.  We didn't offer him a contract and I'd much rather have him in there in case of a Garcia injury then Gradkowski or McCown.  McCown isn't playing bad in pre-season, but let's remind ourselves it's preseason and that the kid truley is nothing special...

Pep looked like hot garbage last season, and was cut from the Dolphins in favor of 37 year old coming off a big concussion. From there he went to the Raiders, a literal Black Hole for QBs not named Rich Gannon.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeremiah Trotter To Visit With The Bucs Tonight « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools