Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is this the year USF legitimizes its top 4 status?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#45 : August 01, 2007, 12:22:08 PM

The stadium is not the issue.  If the school built their own stadium they would have to come up with the funs and not sell alcohol.  I don't know if they get any of the money from sconsesions at Ray Jay but the fact that they play there is not the issue. 

Students can stumble into Ray Jay just as easy as an on campus stadium and can attend bars afterward with greater ease.  The problem is that Football is new and that the fan base from the school is not huge.  People have grown up watching FSU, UM, and UF so there is more loyalty to the teams they have watched for years then a school they attended 30 years ago and didn't have a football teamm

A few years and a little more tradition and the school wil be even bigger.  Look how far they have came already.  It is only a matter of time and the stadium is already get more and more crowded.

That pretty much covers it. Two points... they don't get any of the concession revenues currently at RayJay and are you sure they wouldn't be able to sell beer at an OCS?

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#46 : August 01, 2007, 07:47:27 PM

Beer on campus is aginst NCAA rules I believe.  I don't know if some of the older stadiums are grandfathered in but I believe that is one of the issues.  While they do not get money from the concessions I bet the price they pay to use the stadium is reduced due to the concession sales.  I don't think the school can even donate money to an off campus stadium and still sale beer.  The school can not have anything to do with it. 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#47 : August 01, 2007, 11:13:36 PM

Beer on campus is aginst NCAA rules I believe.  I don't know if some of the older stadiums are grandfathered in but I believe that is one of the issues.

I think that the only place the NCAA controls sales of alcohol is at their championships for all their sports. Alcohol is sold at the Sun Dome .... doesn't really matter to me either way though ... beer is too damn expensive at stadiums.

#48 : August 02, 2007, 12:12:42 AM

They have a long way to go before their considered a powerhouse. The stadium should be the least of their worries.

Yes, I think they should focus on winning the conference before we start talking powerhouse.

Why? This football prgram has been on the fast track ever since it was formed? Theyve only beena  D1 school for what 7 yeears? They were already competing for a BCS Bowl game 2 years ago. They are located in one of the biggest hotspots for high school football in the nation. It is a good school in a good town with lots of things that attract young people. USF is going to be a powerhouse soon. This isnt your dads college football. Big recruits are going all ove rthe plac ethese days and USF is as good a place as any for them to go, and I think they are proving it by who they are starting to get
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is this the year USF legitimizes its top 4 status?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools