Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Do You Like or Dislike Gruden/Allen? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« : August 24, 2007, 03:05:11 AM »

He closed the deal. He didn't make us good or very good. He didn't assure perpetual respectability. He closed the deal and any lack of recognition for what that means is just cluelessness. Frankly, I'm not even sure that if we have a bad year this year that Allen shouldn't go and that Gru should still stay. Only one NFC team has won the whole thing over the last seven seasons. NE won three; Baltimore, Indy and Pitt won one each. Gru took Tampa Bay all the way. Maybe somebody else planted the seeds, but without him the dream doesn't become a reality and it doesn't get any sweeter than that, even five years later.

In Verner We Trust

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

« #1 : August 23, 2007, 06:03:58 PM »

One word...Arrogance.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #2 : August 23, 2007, 06:04:16 PM »

click

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #3 : August 23, 2007, 06:05:26 PM »

SUPERBOWL

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #4 : August 23, 2007, 06:07:20 PM »

FUNNY FACIAL EXPRESSIONS.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
« #5 : August 23, 2007, 06:09:03 PM »

Burp

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #6 : August 23, 2007, 06:11:51 PM »

Prior to coming to Tampa, Gruden was actually a winner...He'll be a winner again.  Allen is still the best damn capologist in all of football.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

« #7 : August 23, 2007, 06:21:34 PM »

Kicks last second field goal to prevent shutout instead of trying to score a TD.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #8 : August 23, 2007, 06:24:10 PM »

Spoken like true arm chair coach....

Sometimes in Coaching, you take the minor victories, and try to limit your potential losses.  What if Gruden had dialed up and endzone shot only to have his QB/RB/WR, etc hurt?  The game was already lost, why risk unnecessary injury?  Just kick the damn field goal and get out of there.

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

« #9 : August 23, 2007, 06:24:21 PM »

Allen is still the best damn capologist in all of football.

I won't argue that one bit. Its his acumen as a personnel evaluator that i question.

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #10 : August 23, 2007, 06:25:17 PM »

John Galt--when did you become a low class prick?  That picture is tasteless.

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #11 : August 23, 2007, 06:29:19 PM »

That picture is tasteless.
I was thinking kind of the same thing....

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

« #12 : August 23, 2007, 06:29:32 PM »

I couldn't care less about their arrogance.   Belichick is arrogant.  Ditto Parcells.  Admittedly, it is funny that the HC/GM of a 4-12 team find in acceptable to be smug. 

I don't like the duo because I don't believe it is possible to win and win consistently when they make the decisions they make.  After 4 years of drafting, we honestly can't put in granite who our number 1 WR, RB, and QB will be in 08.  You can't build a program that way. 

Gruden was the perfect coach at the perfect time for the Bucs.  He was the X factor to take a very talented team and take it over the top.  You can quote me on that.   

However, he is the wrong coach at this time for the Bucs.  They need a guy who can build a team and a program.  That isn't his forte, and I doubt it ever will be.  Gruden lived off roster moves made by Davis and McKay/Ruskell/Angelo/Wyche.  He hasn't shown to date then he knows what it takes for a college player to make it at the next level.  He has shown that he can't coach up anyone not named Gannon. 

Allen is a terrible personnel man.  I can't imagine what folks see in this guy in the cap scenario either.  We have cap space because we have contracts expiring, and he hasn't picked up anyone one would give a big contract to.  We have cap space, but it is just middle of the pack, and to date Allen hasn't shown that he wouldn't know what to do with it anyhow. 

If we keep Gruden, the only way we will return to glory is by bringing in a real GM and personnel man who doesn't answer to the HC. 

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #13 : August 23, 2007, 06:33:29 PM »

When Garcia makes the difference between 4-12 and a real playoff run this year, just remember, Gruden has wanted Garcia for 3 seasons now, but couldn't afford  him.  He was saddled with Chris Simms. 

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #14 : August 23, 2007, 06:34:18 PM »

That picture is tasteless.
I was thinking kind of the same thing....

My apologies, didn't think of it that way, hell just did'nt think.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Do You Like or Dislike Gruden/Allen? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools