Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Do You Like or Dislike Gruden/Allen? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #15 : August 23, 2007, 06:35:53 PM »

Allen is a terrible personnel man. I can't imagine what folks see in this guy in the cap scenario either. We have cap space because we have contracts expiring, and he hasn't picked up anyone one would give a big contract to. We have cap space, but it is just middle of the pack, and to date Allen hasn't shown that he wouldn't know what to do with it anyhow.

Wow...if you're actually serious...

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #16 : August 23, 2007, 06:36:48 PM »

We all make mistakes.  S'all good.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #17 : August 23, 2007, 06:42:20 PM »

Why do we need this thread?

Its disgusting, IMO.

Take it to Buc.com - and stay there with it.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #18 : August 23, 2007, 06:44:37 PM »

Stan's got a point.  It is a bit 3rd grade girl's locker room...

oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY STAN!

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

« #19 : August 23, 2007, 06:46:23 PM »

When Garcia makes the difference between 4-12 and a real playoff run this year, just remember, Gruden has wanted Garcia for 3 seasons now, but couldn't afford  him.  He was saddled with Chris Simms. 

Aren't you listening to your insider, SR? He said earlier in the show that one of the big mistakes he made as an insider and by getting info out there so fast was that they reported the resigning of Brian Greise too early. They talked to Gruden later and it screwed up the deal with Garcia because he was going after the money and a starting spot and when Garcia's camp heard of the resigning the went in a different direction.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #20 : August 23, 2007, 06:48:30 PM »

With all due respect to SR, I don't put a helluva lot of stock in the media's perception of the"truth".

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

JC510

Practice Squad

« #21 : August 23, 2007, 06:50:40 PM »

20-28.

But atleast we have a young franchise QB to show for it like alot of other teams, right? Guys....., right?

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

« #22 : August 23, 2007, 06:52:41 PM »

Simms' cap space was very little, he could have been cut at any time with no cap hit of consequence.  Garcia could have been signed in 05 and 06 with very little if any cap juggling.  You can be the judge of why he didn't come to Tampa. 

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #23 : August 23, 2007, 06:53:49 PM »

McCown could well be our young franchise QB.  He looked damn sharp out there last Saturday.  He's got great footspeed, and accurate, strong arm, and makes good decisions.  He looks a lot better than Simms did.   The upside is, Gruden will fashion the offense around Garcia's abilities.  McCowns are similiar.  He could step right in after a season or two.

Successful teams sign vetern FA's to retain a high level of play whilst their young'ns develop.

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #24 : August 23, 2007, 06:55:24 PM »

I couldn't care less about their arrogance.   Belichick is arrogant.  Ditto Parcells.  Admittedly, it is funny that the HC/GM of a 4-12 team find in acceptable to be smug. 

I don't like the duo because I don't believe it is possible to win and win consistently when they make the decisions they make.  After 4 years of drafting, we honestly can't put in granite who our number 1 WR, RB, and QB will be in 08.  You can't build a program that way. 

Gruden was the perfect coach at the perfect time for the Bucs.  He was the X factor to take a very talented team and take it over the top.  You can quote me on that.   

However, he is the wrong coach at this time for the Bucs.  They need a guy who can build a team and a program.  That isn't his forte, and I doubt it ever will be.  Gruden lived off roster moves made by Davis and McKay/Ruskell/Angelo/Wyche.  He hasn't shown to date then he knows what it takes for a college player to make it at the next level.  He has shown that he can't coach up anyone not named Gannon. 

Allen is a terrible personnel man.  I can't imagine what folks see in this guy in the cap scenario either.  We have cap space because we have contracts expiring, and he hasn't picked up anyone one would give a big contract to.  We have cap space, but it is just middle of the pack, and to date Allen hasn't shown that he wouldn't know what to do with it anyhow. 

If we keep Gruden, the only way we will return to glory is by bringing in a real GM and personnel man who doesn't answer to the HC. 
Completely agree.

When Garcia makes the difference between 4-12 and a real playoff run this year, just remember, Gruden has wanted Garcia for 3 seasons now, but couldn't afford  him.  He was saddled with Chris Simms. 
You can't be saddled by a 3rd round pick. And didn't Gruden give Simms an extension after his contract ran out?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

« #25 : August 23, 2007, 07:01:29 PM »

Losing record as HC with all the power and no signs that will change anytime soon.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
« #26 : August 23, 2007, 07:02:07 PM »

I'll take the young re-built Oline and the youngsters on defense over the young hot shot QB. We're rebuilding the right way now, the way we did it when we went from perrenial losers to winners. If you can't handle the re-building process theres a lot of other teams with room on their bandwagons pick one and jump on. We got old and we got expensive at the same time but we also got a Super Bowl which I never thought I would see after the first 25 years of being a fan. Gruden/Allen built a winner in Oakland and they're heading in the right direction again. Lets see what happens.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #27 : August 23, 2007, 07:04:02 PM »

And if the Bucs make the playoffs this year (like they did in 05 when they HAD solid QB play)?  Bornabuc, will you become a believer, or will you find another reason to hate on Gruden.  Perhaps his hairstyle...

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

« #28 : August 23, 2007, 07:05:18 PM »

Won't hire an offensive coordinator even though his idea of offense is to throw throw throw with winds in NY that will blow you over even though his rookie 6th round pick was at the helm and we couldn't do a darn thing in the 1st half with this strategy.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

« #29 : August 23, 2007, 07:07:03 PM »

Doesn't know who Mike Alstott is or what he can do.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Do You Like or Dislike Gruden/Allen? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools