Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Gruden goes.. does Allen get the ax as well? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#15 : November 06, 2006, 08:45:23 PM

No way Grads is the QB if Gruden isn't here.  Whoever the new coach theoretically is, they'll want their own horse, and certainly won't stand for a 6th rounder being forced on them.

Say goodbye to a crapload of that salary cap money to a new QB if we get a new coach.  And a few years of growing pains.  Because whether we like it or not, this team has to rebuild at least the defense.  With a new coach and offensive philosophy, they'll need to rebuild/teach a new offense too.

Hell, while we're talking about starting over, we should switch to a 3-4 defense.  We've got to get all new players anyway, and hardly anyone in the NFC runs the 3-4.  We'll get a defensive minded coach with a 3-4 history to replace Kiffin, switch some of these undersized DEs to OLB, and set it at a slow boil for 3-4 years.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#16 : November 06, 2006, 08:48:46 PM

No way Grads is the QB if Gruden isn't here. Whoever the new coach theoretically is, they'll want their own horse, and certainly won't stand for a 6th rounder being forced on them.

Say goodbye to a crapload of that salary cap money to a new QB if we get a new coach. And a few years of growing pains. Because whether we like it or not, this team has to rebuild at least the defense. With a new coach and offensive philosophy, they'll need to rebuild/teach a new offense too.

Hell, while we're talking about starting over, we should switch to a 3-4 defense. We've got to get all new players anyway, and hardly anyone in the NFC runs the 3-4. We'll get a defensive minded coach with a 3-4 history to replace Kiffin, switch some of these undersized DEs to OLB, and set it at a slow boil for 3-4 years.

Simms may be a better fit under a gunslinging HC/OC. Or Quinn may still be there for a new coach (I dont care for Quinn though) Give me Joe Thomas or give me death!

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#17 : November 06, 2006, 09:15:45 PM

Why speculate? Gruden isn't going to be fired this year. But since you brought it up, if this team is in a great postion to hire somebody, who would they hire? Lets hear some names.
Lou Pinella, he'd be great on the sidelines.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#18 : November 06, 2006, 09:28:45 PM

I know, we could start naming some of the guys who will probably be available; I can think of two off hand, Denny Green and Art Shell  :o

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 06, 2006, 09:38:44 PM

Here are the possibilities if Gruden is fired.

A.) Allen stays with the understanding that he hires a coach that the Glazers approve and are looking for.  Any attempt to disobey them just like McKay and the Glazers will sour on him quick.

B.) If the Glazers do not like Allen then they promote Doug Williams as the new GM.  It makes a lot of sense as Doug has been working with Allen for a while in the front office gaining experience.

C.) Promote Mark Dominik to be the new GM.

D.) Scott Distefano becomes the Bucs new GM.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#20 : November 06, 2006, 09:42:57 PM

Urban Meyer?  ;D
Louisville HC (I forget his name)  :-
Charlie Weiss ND-(he will never leave ND) ;D
Bill Parcells -  [banghead] 
Bob Stoops (OU)  8)
Jeff Fischer (Tennessee) :P

And the winner is ? Jimmy Johnson   ;)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 06, 2006, 09:45:00 PM

I know, we could start naming some of the guys who will probably be available; I can think of two off hand, Denny Green and Art Shell :o

Art Shell could probably be an instant starter on our OL

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 06, 2006, 09:47:35 PM

Louisville HC (I forget his name)  :-

Bobby Petrino is awesome but I believe he signed an extension earlier this year

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 06, 2006, 10:18:21 PM

All this speculation makes me want to watch Pretty Woman with my GF 100 times in a row.  Or Dirty Dancing.

It is ludicrous, and very gay.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#24 : November 06, 2006, 10:22:44 PM

Listen to Boid...
''Nobody puts Gruden in the corner''

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 06, 2006, 10:28:07 PM

Listen to Boid...

Pimp, nobody does that.

Except maybe his wife.

That man is a good coach, I am sick of y'all bashing him when the players are at fault.  A coach can ask the team to do, but the players have to do it.

Period.

Gruden is still shackled by a poor O-line (improving, but still poor), one legit playmaking wideout, and a running back who can't catct despite being in a WCO.

WTH is Petrino going to do with Galloway and Clayton and Hilliard?  With Grads throwing behind a subpar line, with a RB who isn't performing?

Nothing.  Just like Gruden.

What would T.O. do in this offense?  Nothing.

It is about skill level, and Clayton doesn't have it.  He just can't seperate on a regular, and Becht is not useable except for blocking, and the O-line is not getting it done (but they will).

Petrino?  Gimme a break.  That is like asking what would Da Vinci do with crayons?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#26 : November 06, 2006, 10:40:23 PM

Biod--isn't Gruden responsible for the guys he's got? And the ones he puts on the field?  Not to mention the game plan?

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 06, 2006, 10:51:31 PM

Jeff Fisher
Ron Rivera
Bobby Petrino
Monte Kiffin
Cam Cameron

Any Coach is capable of going 2-6 with this team, so we wouldn't be losing anything getting rid of Gruden right now.  We all saw it, the team quit in the second half.  With the tough part of the schedule coming up, this is at best a 4-12 team. 

Coaches and GM's of 4-12 teams don't keep their jobs.  This team is NOT getting better.  The OLine is NOT getting better.  The offensive game plan has gone from being bad to downright predictable.  Anyone can predict our offense.  Ok, well, I didn't see the whole sending our slow WR into the center of the line in a critical 3rd and 3, to be fair. 

Look, we all thank him for coming in and winning in 2002, but are we supposed to reward him with a job and put up with losing, and more importantly, getting worse by the week?  If you say yes, then you have different reasons for routing for the Bucs than I do. 

bucshot420

Starter

#28 : November 06, 2006, 11:19:48 PM

Ww are a pretty bad team right now but I think we need to be more patient and take the approach Pittsburg takes with Cowher  yes he has had quite a few down years but he has also had some really great years, same thing with gruden granted its been like a rollercoaster since 2003 with the up and down years but every coach has them.  Personally I don't think changing coaches right now is the best idea because as was stated it will still take the same amount of time to teach the new scheme to the players and to get players said coach wants on the team.  As was also stated Simms might be a better fit for a gunslinger hc/oc  that may be so but if he is brought back for a year if we had a coach and fails do you think they will sign him longterm?  Personally I don't care who we have at qb as long as he is a heady qb would rather a little more Arm strength but he didn't do bad on the passes to g-way down the field sunday.  What i really think we need is to promote kromer to OL coach and let Muir go and bring in another sp teams coach as anyone could do better.  Also the OL for the most part were not the types that Gruden usually likes to use I think Joseph and Trueblood are more the types Roadgrater/manhandle the DL types I think if we can find someone @ Center and LT that fit that style that will be a huge + but I also feel if we don't go primarilly D this draft its only going to get worse.  I think Hovan is a great asset,  Simeon while he has done great things here is off to a terrible start this year and is a lockerroom distraction.  We desperately need an UT that can get penetration.  Perhaps moving Brooks to MLB isn't such a bad idea since he has lost a step but is still sharp mentally.  Let him take on the Hardy Role and groom new OLB.  While I don't feel we need to get rid of BK I do feel an upgrade @ both S spots is a must our FS needs to be able to cover center field and our SS needs to be able to help in run support they don't have to be blasers just heady and sure tacklers.  Ok i am done with my rant.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#29 : November 06, 2006, 11:32:50 PM

Listen to Boid...

Pimp, nobody does that.

Except maybe his wife.

That man is a good coach, I am sick of y'all bashing him when the players are at fault. A coach can ask the team to do, but the players have to do it.

Period.

Gruden is still shackled by a poor O-line (improving, but still poor), one legit playmaking wideout, and a running back who can't catct despite being in a WCO.

WTH is Petrino going to do with Galloway and Clayton and Hilliard? With Grads throwing behind a subpar line, with a RB who isn't performing?

Nothing. Just like Gruden.

What would T.O. do in this offense? Nothing.

It is about skill level, and Clayton doesn't have it. He just can't seperate on a regular, and Becht is not useable except for blocking, and the O-line is not getting it done (but they will).

Petrino? Gimme a break. That is like asking what would Da Vinci do with crayons?

I agree that there probably isnt a better coach out there right now. But I think Gruden is now falling on deaf ears to these guys. He IMO has lost the ability to motivate these guys. They are not playing like they want to win for him.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Gruden goes.. does Allen get the ax as well? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools