Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BOSTON Arrested for DUI « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 24, 2007, 10:47:40 AM

So the law is you have to blow, inspite of 5th amendment right (what?) but now, not only do you have to blow but you have to submit to a blood test as well?  How does that crap jive with the constitution? 

Driving is a privledge not a right.  The breath analzyer test is something you agree to in a contract (that is your driver's license).

But the blood test?  I am not sure but that seems like a grey area.  This is where I agree with you as it is crud I think.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#31 : August 24, 2007, 10:48:39 AM

So the law is you have to blow, inspite of 5th amendment right (what?) but now, not only do you have to blow but you have to submit to a blood test as well?  How does that crap jive with the constitution? 

Eff'n BS in this country.

You don't have to blow or take the pee test... but they do strongly encourage that you do.

I gotta wonder if there were any thing in his system to jeopardize his NFL career why he would agree to that test.  I can't see his lawyer allowing him to do that.  That may be a good sign?  Maybe.  People do dumb things all the time.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 24, 2007, 10:48:53 AM

The stories aren't matching up, let's see wat transpires over the next two days.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#33 : August 24, 2007, 10:48:58 AM

I just heard this as well. what!!! Passed out at the wheel, maybe GHB.

Its happened to me before.. Possible.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 24, 2007, 10:49:13 AM

Have to wait and see.

If he was on some drugs (party style), or drunk, then he has just shot himself from a cannon out of the door.

I have a weird feeling he was just exhausted, or got lightheaded.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#35 : August 24, 2007, 10:50:21 AM

Driving is a privledge not a right.  The breath analzyer test is something you agree to in a contract (that is your driver's license).

But the blood test?  I am not sure but that seems like a grey area.  This is where I agree with you as it is crud I think.

I've heard of people refusing to do the breathalyser before.  I think if you do, your license is automatically suspended a year or something like that.  That isn't concrete, it's just something I've heard.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 24, 2007, 10:53:11 AM

Operation of a motor vehicle constitutes consent to any sobriety test required by law

State of Florida Driver's license has that at the bottom.

Question is the blood test required by law?  IMO no (then again I do not know the law very well and it could be the case) but the breath analyzer is (that I am sure of).

Like I said before the blood test falls into a grey area.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 24, 2007, 10:53:58 AM

I've heard of people refusing to do the breathalyser before.  I think if you do, your license is automatically suspended a year or something like that.  That isn't concrete, it's just something I've heard.

That's basically correct. Correct enuf for this forum.  Basically, instead of the state proving you've broken the law you have to prove you haven't.

It's totally basackwards from the thoughts and beliefs the country was founded upon.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 24, 2007, 10:56:48 AM

Eff'n BS in this country.

You don't have to blow or take the pee test... but they do strongly encourage that you do.

I gotta wonder if there were any thing in his system to jeopardize his NFL career why he would agree to that test.  I can't see his lawyer allowing him to do that.  That may be a good sign?  Maybe.  People do dumb things all the time.

You don't have to blow but if you don't you are in violation of the law and are found guilty and punished without trail. Don't blow, lose license for a year, already in trouble? violation of probation.  It's BS.  5th amendment is suppose to protect us from this exact violation of our rights.

And before rumors start, I have never nor anyone I know well been stopped and asked to take such a test.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 24, 2007, 10:57:24 AM

If you say yes to the breath analyzer test and pass it I would not think there would be an issue.

But there is more to this story we do not know.  It is possible that law authorities felt it was necessary to arrest Boston even after passing the breath analyzer test?  This sounds strange.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 24, 2007, 10:58:54 AM

That's basically correct. Correct enuf for this forum.  Basically, instead of the state proving you've broken the law you have to prove you haven't.

It's totally basackwards from the thoughts and beliefs the country was founded upon.

In Texas you have to be fingerprinted to get a DL. I called the ACLU about that when I moved back here and asked about invasion of privacy unwarranted search and they said that since driving is a privledge and not a right the state can make up any dumb rules they want.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 24, 2007, 11:00:29 AM

since he failed the breath test I'm not worried about this one.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 24, 2007, 11:00:42 AM

They're thinking other intoxicants.  Always always always talk to a lawyer first.

"Am I under Arrest?"

Answer, "no"  reply: "then may I leave?"

Answer, "yes" reply: "I need to speak to a lawyer."

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 24, 2007, 11:03:05 AM

In Texas you have to be fingerprinted to get a DL. I called the ACLU about that when I moved back here and asked about invasion of privacy unwarranted search and they said that since driving is a privledge and not a right the state can make up any dumb rules they want.

Oh yeah, I understand the way in which it's been twisted in order for facist pigs to eff up our rights because some Madd mothers vote.  That doesn't make it right, or correct, or suddenly not in violation of the rights endowed to me by my creator.

*edit*

What the courts should find is that in certain (most) realities of our modern lives the right to operate a motor vehicle is integral to our Life, Liberty and pursuit of happiness. You can only be subject to state BS when it is believed that your operation of said vehicle is now causing a problem with other people's right to be able to also relatively safely also navigate the roads.

IE you don't get to assume I'm in violation of a law because I want to drive or am driving a car.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 24, 2007, 11:04:14 AM

They're thinking other intoxicants

This makes the most sense if he did pass the breath analyzer test.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BOSTON Arrested for DUI « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools