Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 Draft Tampa Bay is on the clock. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 06, 2006, 09:40:39 PM

Grads had 6 touchdowns 1 interception, the jury still might find him as the answer.. Just not for sure yet..

Agreed, but the evidence is weighted in his favor and the deciding vote lies with a guy that raves about him.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 06, 2006, 09:40:47 PM

Love to see Brady Quinn drafted here & make him #2, and then pickup a decent veteran qb in the off season to start and move Grads to #3(he is just not impressing me all that much yet).

Sorry Bro but that is one of the most ridiculous suggests I have ever read on this board.    ::)

$40-$45 million for Quinn (and you have no gurantee he would be better than Grads)

$5-$8 million a year for a FA veteran good enough to starts.

[banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

There's never a guarantee, but if you don't pick QB's that high because you're afraid of Ryan Leaf, you may miss out on Peyton Manning.  

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 06, 2006, 09:42:04 PM

There's never a guarantee, but if you don't pick QB's that high because you're afraid of Ryan Leaf, you may miss out on Peyton Manning.  

Peyton Manning would do nada behind the Swiss Cheese O-line we have.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 06, 2006, 09:44:50 PM

Then what chance does Bruce have?  None by that logic.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 06, 2006, 09:45:59 PM

Not until the line pulls it's weight and Caddy gets rolling.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 06, 2006, 09:47:47 PM

So then it's Joe Thomas or bust?  I think you're starting to see the amount of holes we have.  It's best player available, no matter position.

#21 : November 06, 2006, 09:48:19 PM

I agree with most posters, Gruden doesn't have a chance in hell to watch a rookie QB, go through what Grads or Simms are going through..

Schaub or Boller could come maybe..

Grads had 6 touchdowns 1 interception, the jury still might find him as the answer.. Just not for sure yet..
holy crap, look at the numbers Grads > both of those two

MJS...that was an awfully nice way of putting that suggestion down, who was it that ended the 'I wouldn't take anything less than a 2nd rounder for Graham' idea?

#22 : November 06, 2006, 09:49:40 PM

Then what chance does Bruce have? None by that logic.

So then it's Joe Thomas or bust? I think you're starting to see the amount of holes we have. It's best player available, no matter position.
If we're picking top 5, trade down or take Thomas or Calvin Johnson, those are the only 2 I would take who are 'top 5 talents' I guess you'd say, but I'd rather trade down and pick up a mid 1 and mid 2, then take a DE / LB / S / CB in the first.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 06, 2006, 09:51:36 PM

So then it's Joe Thomas or bust? I think you're starting to see the amount of holes we have. It's best player available, no matter position.
If we're picking top 5, trade down or take Thomas or Calvin Johnson, those are the only 2 I would take who are 'top 5 talents' I guess you'd say, but I'd rather trade down and pick up a mid 1 and mid 2, then take a DE / LB / S / CB in the first.

If you want a DE, we'd be better off just taking Gaines with our first pick.  He won't be there in the middle of round 1.  I know we need a lot of players, but we need some impact ones, not just a lot of pretty good ones. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 06, 2006, 09:52:12 PM

What he said ^

#25 : November 06, 2006, 09:54:18 PM

If you want a DE, we'd be better off just taking Gaines with our first pick. He won't be there in the middle of round 1. I know we need a lot of players, but we need some impact ones, not just a lot of pretty good ones.
personally I feel Dan Bazuin > both Adams and Moses.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 06, 2006, 09:54:44 PM

I could see us taking Joe Thomas, but I'd much rather trade down than take Calvin Johnson.  I agree that Gruden won't draft a QB, but I could see the Bucs FO considering a trade for a vet that could compete to start.

#27 : November 06, 2006, 09:56:06 PM

I could see us taking Joe Thomas, but I'd much rather trade down than take Calvin Johnson.  I agree that Gruden won't draft a QB, but I could see the Bucs FO considering a trade for a vet that could compete to start.
if they're available, they're probably not worth it...and I'm talking about Plummer amongst others.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 06, 2006, 09:56:13 PM

And if we're going to be trading down 10+ picks, we're going to want a lot more than just a 2nd rounder for it.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 06, 2006, 09:59:02 PM

I could see us taking Joe Thomas, but I'd much rather trade down than take Calvin Johnson. I agree that Gruden won't draft a QB, but I could see the Bucs FO considering a trade for a vet that could compete to start.
if they're available, they're probably not worth it...and I'm talking about Plummer amongst others.

I was thinking of Carr, who I think could succeed in this system.  Who knows if he is available, but if the Texans stink it up again this season, their FO might be willing to deal him to get a fresh start.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 Draft Tampa Bay is on the clock. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools