Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Analyze This! Boston's Field Sobreity Video..... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16

#225 : August 25, 2007, 09:56:33 PM

from PFT.com:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/1998/10/22/SP89175.DTL

superbuc

Practice Squad
#226 : August 25, 2007, 10:06:12 PM

I just read up on GHB a little.  It's possible that's what he was on (if anything).  There are a couple of key lines here to make that assumption.  The athletic reasons are:  1) it helps you rest/sleep and 2) it may help with production of Growth Hormone - as was mentioned at some point this equals RECOVERY for the body

This is from the Brown University health education website:

Before GHB became illegal, it was marketed to bodybuilders as a product to release growth hormone and build muscles. There is no evidence that it produces this effect. GHB was also marketed as an "herbal" supplement to help with sleep and depression.

Researchers do not know precisely how GHB affects neurochemistry; however, it is seen as a very powerful sedative because small doses can lead to serious effects, such as loss of consciousness. Evidence suggests that it easily crosses the blood-brain barrier -- the physiological mechanism that regulates the release of chemicals and nutrients into the brain. Therefore, it has an ability to act on the brain directly in a way that other drugs do not.

How is GHB used?
GHB is generally taken in a liquid form, though it is sometimes found in powder, tablet, or capsules. Since in its liquid form the strength of GHB varies, and people's reactions to it vary, it is very easy to take a dangerous dose of this drug. The effects of the drug begin 10 to 20 minutes after taking it and last up to 4 hours.

Why do people take GHB?
GHB can produce hallucinations and feelings of relaxation and euphoria. People who use GHB also report feeling increased energy, feeling affectionate and sociable, mild disinhibition and enhanced sexual experience.

Are there short-term risks to taking GHB?
Health risks include nausea, loss of coordination, difficulty concentrating, and loss of gag reflex. Because doses are difficult to quantify, overdose can occur quite easily, especially when combined with alcohol. Warning sings of GHB overdose can include:

Vomiting
Severe headache
Very slow breathing and heart rate
Withdrawal symptoms like insomnia, anxiety, tremors and sweating
Memory loss
Difficulty breathing
Loss of consciousness

tonyflash

Starter

#227 : August 26, 2007, 12:47:00 AM

tonyflash

I don't know if you have any inside info. but that sounds like it could be quite likely. Is this an educated guess or something else?

David has told everyone who will listen that the test will come back clean. I think this is all the public will hear due to the HIPAA Privacy Law. I will stick to my story.

#228 : August 26, 2007, 01:32:01 AM

tonyflash

I don't know if you have any inside info. but that sounds like it could be quite likely. Is this an educated guess or something else?

David has told everyone who will listen that the test will come back clean. I think this is all the public will hear due to the HIPAA Privacy Law. I will stick to my story.

Fair enough, your "story" sounds quite plausible to me. I have little doubt his tests results will come back clean. This "DUI" situation leaves a  bad taste in my mouth and I know there has to be much more than what meets the public eye. If you are connected with his situation or just a guy w/ a damn good hunch. It's commendable you have his best interests at heart.

Bruce Allen's comments.

"We have investigated the David Boston situation and feel that we have an understanding of the facts. At this time, we have seen no objective evidence to support the charges that were brought against him.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#229 : August 26, 2007, 12:48:29 PM

This is what our tax dollars are paying for?  Unbelievable. After seeing this video I have lost all faith in the DUI system.  Its total garbage.  The guy was obviously completely sober and this rogue cop had a hard on to get another DUI arrest for his monthly quota.  We need to fight back as the taxpayers who are paying for these idiots to find ways to arrest us.  This all started with MADD and them getting way too much power.  The DUI laws are supposed to be to protect us from people who are a danger to us on the road.  Not to pick sober people off the road and lock them in jail to meet a quota. 

Give a loser who was beat up his whole life a gun, a badge, and some authority and you have a COP. 

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#230 : August 26, 2007, 01:44:56 PM

I find it disgusting that this video is made public...

who really wants to see it?

#231 : August 26, 2007, 01:59:34 PM

If I were David Boston I would want the world to see this video. Without seeing it most peoples reaction would be that he's screwed-up again. But after you see it anyone that's being honest or with two good brain cells to rub together will recognize that Boston is getting screwed.
When Boston's urine test comes back clean what happens to the cop that's caused all this ? Jack-squat is the answer. Where's the accountability, then? It's symptomatic of a system granting increasing power to cops and cops being less and less qualified.
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Analyze This! Boston's Field Sobreity Video..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools