Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Analyze This! Boston's Field Sobreity Video..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16

escobar

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 24, 2007, 05:18:00 PM

He wasn't ok on the line and leg lift tests. Yes, he walked the line heel to toe and didn't fall over, but cop also look a lot at how you are balancing. Boston used his arms a lot and swayed to keep his balance. With that being said, he does have 2 bad knees and it is an unnatural movement, but he still looked to me like his balance was off.

Hopefully the urine/blood test comes back negative and we can all just call him a weirdo. I thought the superman thing he did after the leg lift was funny.

He was using his arms for balance because that's the body's natural reaction. First, they tell you walk in a straight line one foot in front of the other and heel to toe, that causes imbalance. Then they tell you to keep your arms at your side, which IMO is an admission from whoever created these tests that the position they put you in makes you off balance to begin with. How these tests are used to determine if you are under the influence is beyond me. I don't even drink, so the laws will never pertain to me, but I just think they are a joke.

MarineBuc

Starter

#31 : August 24, 2007, 05:20:22 PM

There is nothing in that video that would lead me to believe that he was impaired. He is a little goofy, but he seems to have his wits about him.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 24, 2007, 05:22:46 PM

I DO agree with arresting him after finding him asleep at the wheel with the engine running.  From the video I don't think he was impaired. He should have been less combative, though.  You're right, the urine test will tell us and hopefully it's nothing.

If I had been driving all night and was tired as hell, I wouldn't want to take those test either.   God knows I'd fail them even if I hadn't had a single drink if I were extremely tired.   The attitude that cop was giving, I would have been leery as well.   That cop was looking for any little slip up as an excuse and it was completely obvious.  

Yes, the test will tell all.   But that video made him look innocent for sure.   I'm sure that cop was disappointed.   It seemed like the cop was grandstanding for the camera.   Maybe he thought his buddies back at the station were going to watch the video since it was a Buc player.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 24, 2007, 05:24:23 PM

Where is the video?

I click the link, click on the sports section, and nada.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 24, 2007, 05:25:50 PM

So basically we asking too much for him to run a sideline route, go up for the ball, get both feet inbounds, and hold onto the ball while getting drilled by a defensive player.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 24, 2007, 05:26:49 PM

well, when saying the alphabet he skipped d-f, p and v.....

at first I thought he was just agitated but after the finger-nose test and alphabet i don't know.....

i would have arrested him as well.

Dude, he's a football player.  You have to be lienient on the alphabet..

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 24, 2007, 05:28:23 PM

He wasn't ok on the line and leg lift tests. Yes, he walked the line heel to toe and didn't fall over, but cop also look a lot at how you are balancing. Boston used his arms a lot and swayed to keep his balance. With that being said, he does have 2 bad knees and it is an unnatural movement, but he still looked to me like his balance was off.

Hopefully the urine/blood test comes back negative and we can all just call him a weirdo. I thought the superman thing he did after the leg lift was funny.

He was using his arms for balance because that's the body's natural reaction. First, they tell you walk in a straight line one foot in front of the other and heel to toe, that causes imbalance. Then they tell you to keep your arms at your side, which IMO is an admission from whoever created these tests that the position they put you in makes you off balance to begin with. How these tests are used to determine if you are under the influence is beyond me. I don't even drink, so the laws will never pertain to me, but I just think they are a joke.

From what I've been told the finger to nose test is not a valid test. I think he was just told to do that one because he asked for a different type of test. All of the tests are bogus IMO, but like he says in the video the line test and leg lift test are both standard.

And that cop was a shmuck. He kinda dug himself into a hole with the college thing, then looked like an idiot trying to dig his way out of it.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

superbuc

Practice Squad
#37 : August 24, 2007, 05:31:33 PM

Where is the video?

I click the link, click on the sports section, and nada.

I just clicked it again and it opened right to it.  Maybe they're getting so many hits, it's messing something up with their servers?

ANGRY PIRATE

Starter

#38 : August 24, 2007, 05:31:49 PM

around 10 min. he touches his nose with his eyes closed multiple times no balance issues....he was fine.

actually he misses the tip of his nose, badly, using his left hand several times.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 24, 2007, 05:33:14 PM

I had trouble with Firefox earlier ... I later tried IE and it was fine ... so I don't know

Sin City Buc

Second String

#40 : August 24, 2007, 05:34:16 PM

Those tests really are a joke. I don't care what the situation is and if you are guilty or not of something, when you get pulled over by a cop you are nervous and in Boston's case he was woken up by a cop. That alone will rattle you. Taking those tests while your nervous your probably not listening intently to the instructions they're giving you and of course your going to miss a few things. They had him under a microscope and didn't cut him any slack. I wonder if it was a black cop if the results would have been any different.(ONLY KIDDING GUYS! LET"S NOT GO THERE) ::)

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 24, 2007, 05:36:57 PM

I hope they are like that with everyone! ... that way me and my family make it from point A to point B ... weather nervous or not, there were questions marks ... they did the right thing ... the piss test will sort it all out.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#42 : August 24, 2007, 05:37:55 PM

around 10 min. he touches his nose with his eyes closed multiple times no balance issues....he was fine.

actually he misses the tip of his nose, badly, using his left hand several times.
just watched that part again....when he has his eyes closed the cop asks him to touch his nose L, R, R, L - he is a little off on the second L.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#43 : August 24, 2007, 05:38:21 PM

First, he's already making excuses when he walks up to the line and he's trying to avoid the line test. That's not a good sign . He's not following instructions and he's got his hands out. He's standing on one foot wobbling and the cop obvious did the same thing w/o a slight wobble. He's srota slow the nose and he misses several times from what I'm seeing.

Watching a pro football player say he can't walk a line or stand on one foot doesn't give me a lot of faith. He's agitated and evasive. "I'll do whatever you want."...until he argues about doing something.

Boy is the cop uncomfortable doing this gig.

I think the cop was hassling him a little bit and some of it was unnecessary.

As for the cop being uncomfortable - Boston is not only a pro athlete, he is a ripped pro athlete. I'd be scared out of my mind. I'd want backup.

Boston asked for his lawyer and the cop told him not to call. Bad move cop. It may not get him out of this one but it may get him out of this one. Also, hopefully he was read his miranda rights off camera because he wasn't on camera.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 24, 2007, 05:40:45 PM

Are you kidding?    Have you ever seen a drunk guy take that test?   They poke themselves in the eye, miss their face completely, etc.    He did VERY well on that test.    
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Analyze This! Boston's Field Sobreity Video..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools