Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who backs up Garcia? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

« #15 : August 25, 2007, 11:28:56 PM »

Beach....dude...it was a sarcastic joke....lol

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #16 : August 25, 2007, 11:30:13 PM »

Just watching them play McCown looks like twice the player Grads is.  McCown has the better physical skills, and but for holding the ball a too long on occassion, seems to make the plays much more naturally and with much better poise.  Big edge to McCown -

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #17 : August 25, 2007, 11:30:37 PM »

Believe that was heavy on the sarcasm, beach. I've seen nothing that tells me Luke should not be the backup at this point.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

« #18 : August 25, 2007, 11:32:14 PM »

Idk Todd....Grad is chewing at the bit for that back up job. Grad has led the touchdown drives the past 2 games I think he wants that 2nd spot.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #19 : August 25, 2007, 11:59:25 PM »

If Grads doesn't stop throwing off his back foot he might be #4 in the qb depth.  One worked out for a TD, but might have required divine intervention - just sayin'

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

« #20 : August 26, 2007, 12:05:17 AM »

Just watching them play McCown looks like twice the player Grads is.  McCown has the better physical skills, and but for holding the ball a too long on occassion, seems to make the plays much more naturally and with much better poise.  Big edge to McCown -

Living in northern Ohio in 2004, I saw absolutely no evidence that Luke McCown is anything other than a waste of a jersey number. I've seen no evidence since then to change my opinion.

Gradkowski put up better numbers last year with an arguably worse team than the Cleveland one Luke played with in '04.

I'll take Grads 10 days out of 10.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #21 : August 26, 2007, 12:08:20 AM »

Well since '07 it would seem McCown has improved, and fits the Gruden system pretty well.  Grads might be available in a couple of weeks if Simms starts to perform - so you might get to take him.  Esp if Grads insists on throwing off of his back foot and praying balls to receivers.

benir0

Hall of Famer

« #22 : August 26, 2007, 12:23:51 AM »

I liked alot of what  saw fro Gradkowski tonight.  He does seem to be benefitting from the presence of Jeff Garcia, the QB who plays like Grads should be playing.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #23 : August 26, 2007, 12:31:29 AM »

I can't really say either have been taking on the big boys really, but McCown seems to have the edge. I'd like to see Gradkowski get some reps earlier in a game for a change and prove what he can do. But yeah, McCown is backing up Garcia otherwise.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« #24 : August 26, 2007, 03:27:03 AM »

I also believe Bruce is getting great experience behind Jeff Garcia and should be the 2nd QB behing Garcia..

He has the advantage of having pretty good numbers as a rookie, and is, only in my eyes going to get really good soon..   

I think Gruden will name him the backup this week after some of the first big cuts..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #25 : August 26, 2007, 06:42:15 AM »

Grads looked great last year during the pre-season as well.  I am going to give the edge to Luke, for now.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #26 : August 26, 2007, 02:02:58 PM »

I'm still confused, was that an INT or did he strip the ball?

It was more like a take out of your hands...Stripped...OBD

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

« #27 : August 26, 2007, 02:09:03 PM »

Luke followed by grads simms tll hes traded

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

« #28 : August 26, 2007, 02:12:24 PM »

Gradkowski, due to his experience

You must be accountable for your actions!

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #29 : August 26, 2007, 02:59:10 PM »

The both run the WCO well.  They're both sharp, accurate passers who can make quick reads and get the ball out swiftly.  They both have great mobility.  Grads feels the rush better than McCown, but McCown can hit the deep pass, Grads cannot.

Man, it's a toss up.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who backs up Garcia? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools