Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms is done. Duh. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: August 26, 2007, 11:11:00 AM

Come the first cuts, will the Bucs dump him, or will they look to trade him, or what?

Throw some scenarios out there.

My guess is that he gets cut.  What a waste. :-[

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 26, 2007, 11:12:27 AM

He's beyond done. Even that first pass he had was his fault, IMO. His delivery is ay too deliberate for this offense, I mean how good was it to see a freak'n slant route thrown by Garcia to Hilliard on 3rd down? Seriously, Simms can't throw short accurate passes. He's done, thank god. Cut his arse.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#2 : August 26, 2007, 11:24:51 AM

I believe he is done. His mechanics are way off and he never was a good fit for this offense. He needs to get an actual quarterback coach that knows what he is doing, an OC that knows what he is doing and o-line coach that knows how to coach people up to block.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 26, 2007, 11:25:50 AM

If they can squeeze a 4th or 5th out of a team for him, trade him, but that is a big time long shot.  I don't agree or believe what Kaufman said prior to the game that the Bucs would not release Simms and that he would make this team.  With the performances and flashes from McCown and with Grads showing improvement over last year plus with his rookie game experience, there just isn't room for a not even semi-healthy Simms on the roster.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 26, 2007, 11:28:55 AM

He needs to get an actual quarterback coach that knows what he is doing, an OC that knows what he is doing and o-line coach that knows how to coach people up to block.

Riiiight, it's all everyone else's fault isn't it? Hilarious.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 26, 2007, 11:31:06 AM

Simms gone = Happy :)

The guy was never a good quarterback and it just shows that he never could win the big game. He is done in the NFL in my opinion. If some idiot team (ATLANTA) wants to trade for him they can have his unhealthy no talent butt cause theres no sense in keeping him around when he cant even play anymore.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 26, 2007, 12:07:51 PM

He needs to get an actual quarterback coach that knows what he is doing, an OC that knows what he is doing and o-line coach that knows how to coach people up to block.

Riiiight, it's all everyone else's fault isn't it? Hilarious.
Nahh it's HIS mechanics are screwed up. But having a qualified coaching staff would do him some good.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 26, 2007, 12:10:59 PM

Gruden said he will play more against Houston, so he won't be cut this week. Who would trade anything for him knowing he will be a free agent next week? Gruden will not keep four QBs on the roster. It would not surprise me to see Simms not receive any interest at all. If Garcia gets injured, the Bucs could resign him for the vet minimum. Maybe by that time he will be in better shape.

I used to believe he could be a decent QB for the Bucs. Last year put the cork in that bottle. He doesn't build on past experiences. Every year he's a rookie starting all over again from scratch. He needs probowl players around him to be effective. I'm not sure what planet would provide that situation for him.

Go home and play for the Giants. They need a QB,....and a HC,.....and a GM,....

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#8 : August 26, 2007, 12:11:32 PM

He was done even before he was injured -

#9 : August 26, 2007, 12:13:12 PM

Gruden said he will play more against Houston, so he won't be cut this week.

Thats because he doesn't want to get either of the other 3 hurt. Simms is toast.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 26, 2007, 12:13:58 PM

Thats because he doesn't want to get either of the other 3 hurt. Simms is toast.

Good point...the 4th preseason game is garbage time.

sprung4bucs

Rookie

#11 : August 26, 2007, 12:47:24 PM

My GUESS is that the Bucs will bite the bullet and cut Gradkowski instead of Simms.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 26, 2007, 12:54:02 PM

Simms will NOT be cut this week for 2 reasons.
1. Give more time for any possible trade offers.

Good point...the 4th preseason game is garbage time.

^^all that stuff.

The following week is a different story.  If no trades arre out there, he will be cut in the final cutdown.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 26, 2007, 12:55:29 PM

My GUESS is that the Bucs will bite the bullet and cut Gradkowski instead of Simms.
Your guess is going to be very wrong.

Grads has been playing great ball in the month of August, and it counts for something.

Simms hasn't played a stinking down, and costs a heck of a lot more.

Simms is a flushed doody.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 26, 2007, 01:02:05 PM

Yep... the batted balls were ALL Chris Simms fault.. well.. that theory was shot completely down with everyone's (almost everyone anyway) savior Garcia getting his ball batted down and picked off. Nahhh that was just dumb luck because our offensive line coach doesn't coach our offensive line to let the defenders come in hands up while bullrushing.. or does he?

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms is done. Duh. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools