Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms is done. Duh. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 26, 2007, 01:08:58 PM

Yep... the batted balls were ALL Chris Simms fault.. well.. that theory was shot completely down with everyone's (almost everyone anyway) savior Garcia getting his ball batted down and picked off. Nahhh that was just dumb luck because our offensive line coach doesn't coach our offensive line to let the defenders come in hands up while bullrushing.. or does he?

Batted balls don't mean nothing.  Ask Gaines Adams.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 26, 2007, 01:16:16 PM

Well, Corpse has a point. An O-line coach should also teach the T to not back up into the passing lane on a screen.

I am ready for the Muir is done. Duh thread.

sprung4bucs

Rookie

#17 : August 26, 2007, 01:21:10 PM

My GUESS is that the Bucs will bite the bullet and cut Gradkowski instead of Simms.
Your guess is going to be very wrong.

Grads has been playing great ball in the month of August, and it counts for something.

I guess that I'm questioning the actual value of his play.  1st:  It's not good enough to displace Garcia.  Even if Garcia was a given, then he should be sitting at #2.  2nd: He was not good enough to overtake McCown.  3rd: He was placed behind Simms.  4th:  It seems to me that Gruden implied his free agency in his after game interview.  5th:  It's easy to look fantastic against postman and UPS men.

I think I have only a 50% chance of being dead wrong, as he may have increased his value with the coaching staff by playing against 3rd stringers in the preseason, after all it's an open competition until the final practice scrimmage.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 26, 2007, 01:24:30 PM

All of you guys that are calling for Simms to be cut, don't you remember 4-12 last year? That was Gradkowski not being able to throw more than 25 yards. We sucked last year due to QB play. Well, our offensive line is still completely suspect and Garcia isn't exactly an ironman so unless you want to revert back to having Gradkowski getting sacked every other down then you'd better get on board with Keeping Simms so just incase Garcia gets hurt we'll at least have a chance at making the playoffs. Once you admit to yourself that the playoffs are not possible with McCown or Gradkowski you'll be better off.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

JC510

Practice Squad

#19 : August 26, 2007, 01:56:26 PM

I think all 4 are staying. Most people think the team will keep 6 WRs but I think it will only be 5. It's between Boston and Hilliard. If Boston's test comes back dirty he's gone, if he's clean then Hilliard probably gets cut.

#20 : August 26, 2007, 02:07:05 PM

All of you guys that are calling for Simms to be cut, don't you remember 4-12 last year? That was Gradkowski not being able to throw more than 25 yards. We sucked last year due to QB play. Well, our offensive line is still completely suspect and Garcia isn't exactly an ironman so unless you want to revert back to having Gradkowski getting sacked every other down then you'd better get on board with Keeping Simms so just incase Garcia gets hurt we'll at least have a chance at making the playoffs. Once you admit to yourself that the playoffs are not possible with McCown or Gradkowski you'll be better off.

Yes, i remember 4-12 but I also remember 1 td and 7 ints.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 26, 2007, 02:46:10 PM

Simms sucks plain and simple.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 26, 2007, 02:50:30 PM

Chris Simms has no trade value whatsoever at this point.  He'll be cut.  Hopefully he can land somewhere where his skillset can be better used.  I wish the kid the best of luck, but with Grads and McCown showing a good understanding of the offense, Simms' only barganing chip is gone.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 26, 2007, 06:56:37 PM

I remember 4-12, Grads was 3-6, Rattay was 1-2 and Simms was winnless with a QB rating of 47

#24 : August 26, 2007, 07:01:48 PM

Like Kauffman said last tonight, the FO has invested way too much into this kid.  Simms will go IR. We'll keep him for another year, what's too lose? Simms is a good guy, Cannon Arm and some talent. He led this tea, to the playoffs a few seasons ago. Simms was awful last season, but so was the O-line and every other player. Why cut him loose?

bad move

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 26, 2007, 07:24:43 PM

This is the whole thing, I really think he might be able to become a decent QB for another team with a less complex style of offense.  And a decent O-line, running attack, and wideouts.

JC510

Practice Squad

#26 : August 26, 2007, 07:45:59 PM

The Garcia INT last night shows maybe the tipped passes werent all Simms' fault. People were blaming Simms for his bad mechanics or in ability to find throwing lanes, blah blah blah. I always blamed it on the emphasis on the short routes and the D-linemen just waiting for the 3 step drops and putting their hands up. Then last night we see a DE intercept a short quick pass. Anyone ever think that the defense has seen Gruden's offense enough on film and the D-linemen know the ball is coming out quick and short?

bucs1

Practice Squad
#27 : August 26, 2007, 07:54:28 PM

I think that the Bucs are going to find some way to keep Chris Simms on the roster.  They may even keep four quarterbacks.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#28 : August 26, 2007, 08:10:23 PM

The Garcia INT last night shows maybe the tipped passes werent all Simms' fault. People were blaming Simms for his bad mechanics or in ability to find throwing lanes, blah blah blah. I always blamed it on the emphasis on the short routes and the D-linemen just waiting for the 3 step drops and putting their hands up. Then last night we see a DE intercept a short quick pass. Anyone ever think that the defense has seen Gruden's offense enough on film and the D-linemen know the ball is coming out quick and short?

come on.......the DE was way out of position and Penn, a very green rookie,  did a terrible job of putting a pad on the guy.   now way you compare a tip pass to that play.   

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 26, 2007, 09:39:29 PM

The Garcia INT last night shows maybe the tipped passes werent all Simms' fault.

LMAO, another nugget of wisdom from JC. Haven't seen a batted ball once this preseason, why is that? You're delusional if you think the batted balls weren't 90% Simms fault. That was a good play by the DE but Garcia should have thrown the ball higher. What's funny is Garcia is 7 inches shorter than Simms and doesn't have an issue but Simms gets passes batted in his face on a consisten basis.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms is done. Duh. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools