Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms is done. Duh. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

JC510

Practice Squad

#30 : August 26, 2007, 09:56:36 PM

The Garcia INT last night shows maybe the tipped passes werent all Simms' fault.

Haven't seen a batted ball once this preseason, why is that?

Because the DE was busy intercepting it and running toward the endzone.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 26, 2007, 10:01:43 PM

My GUESS is that the Bucs will bite the bullet and cut Gradkowski instead of Simms.

LOL ... good one - that was a joke right?  Cause I'm laughing my butt off ...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 26, 2007, 10:15:02 PM

My GUESS is that the Bucs will bite the bullet and cut Gradkowski instead of Simms.

LOL ... good one - that was a joke right? Cause I'm laughing my butt off ...
I concur.  I even commented on it.

No chance in hell that Grads gets axed.  None.  Zip.  Nada.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 27, 2007, 12:46:34 PM

All of you guys that are calling for Simms to be cut, don't you remember 4-12 last year? That was Gradkowski not being able to throw more than 25 yards. We sucked last year due to QB play. Well, our offensive line is still completely suspect and Garcia isn't exactly an ironman so unless you want to revert back to having Gradkowski getting sacked every other down then you'd better get on board with Keeping Simms so just incase Garcia gets hurt we'll at least have a chance at making the playoffs. Once you admit to yourself that the playoffs are not possible with McCown or Gradkowski you'll be better off.

Yes, i remember 4-12 but I also remember 1 td and 7 ints.

True.  And combined, in all of preseason, our other QB's have less batted balls then Simms did in one game.  Simms' only upside was that he knew the offense.  Now both McCown and Grads have shown at least enough knowledge to get the team through a few weeks.  Simms is toast.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 27, 2007, 12:53:04 PM

Simms' only upside was that he knew the offense.

You're missing the words "most of" in there.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 27, 2007, 12:55:47 PM

I was being kind.  I still like the kid, just not in Gruden's offense.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

JC510

Practice Squad

#36 : August 27, 2007, 01:25:50 PM

I was being kind.  I still like the kid, just not in Gruden's offense.

2004- Brad Johnson benched then released.Had success in 2005 with Vikings.
2004/2005- Griese 17 INTs in his last 11 full games. Released.

At what point does the blame fall on Gruden's offense intsead of blaming the QB and bringing in a new one every year.

It's not a coincidence that Johnson, Griese and Simms all had early success and then fall apart under Gruden.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 27, 2007, 01:29:57 PM

Because the DE was busy intercepting it and running toward the endzone.

That was a great play by the DE, Garcia won't throw the flat pass that low nextime. You're so far up the arse of SoP that the batted ball atrocity doesn't even phase you. It's like Simms does no wrong in your eyes, it's everyone else's fault.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 27, 2007, 01:39:30 PM

I was being kind. I still like the kid, just not in Gruden's offense.

2004- Brad Johnson benched then released.Had success in 2005 with Vikings.
2004/2005- Griese 17 INTs in his last 11 full games. Released.

At what point does the blame fall on Gruden's offense intsead of blaming the QB and bringing in a new one every year.

It's not a coincidence that Johnson, Griese and Simms all had early success and then fall apart under Gruden.

Brad had something wrong with his shoulder/arm, he just started not looking right.
Griese had been let go by 2 other teams, and after we let him go he can't beat out Grossman.

It must also not be a coincidence that Neil O'Donnell Mike Tomzak Kordell Stewart Tommy Maddox Ben Roethlisberger all had early success then fell apart under Cowher.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 27, 2007, 01:40:41 PM

What is the fascination with Bill Cowher?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 27, 2007, 01:43:42 PM

What is the fascination with Bill Cowher?

He seems to be the guy most often desired by the "fire Gruden now'' crowd.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 27, 2007, 01:44:13 PM

All of you guys that are calling for Simms to be cut, don't you remember 4-12 last year? That was Gradkowski not being able to throw more than 25 yards. We sucked last year due to QB play. Well, our offensive line is still completely suspect and Garcia isn't exactly an ironman so unless you want to revert back to having Gradkowski getting sacked every other down then you'd better get on board with Keeping Simms so just incase Garcia gets hurt we'll at least have a chance at making the playoffs. Once you admit to yourself that the playoffs are not possible with McCown or Gradkowski you'll be better off.

And how many batted balls in those games, it was frigging unbelievable how bad his play was.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

#42 : August 27, 2007, 01:54:31 PM

And how many batted balls in those games, it was frigging unbelievable how bad his play was.

What was really frustrating was to be at the games... see the wr running free... and the ball get batted down at the line of scrimmage.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 27, 2007, 01:59:52 PM

2004- Brad Johnson benched then released.Had success in 2005 with Vikings.he had marginal success. Gruden thought Simms was ready to take the leap, obviously that was a monumental mistake
2004/2005- Griese 17 INTs in his last 11 full games. Released.what's your point? SoB has been wack his entire career.

He's getting blasted right now, it's all on Gruden. He's trying to find the right QB, he's blaming anyone.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 27, 2007, 02:27:44 PM

He needs to get an actual quarterback coach that knows what he is doing, an OC that knows what he is doing and o-line coach that knows how to coach people up to block.

Riiiight, it's all everyone else's fault isn't it? Hilarious.
Nahh it's HIS mechanics are screwed up. But having a qualified coaching staff would do him some good.

If that coach is a shrink he has a shot.  It is in his head - not his body, not his arm and not the way the O is being run.  Just my very humble opinion.  BUT the kid can do it one play and not the next?  And it is the system, the line or the coach - unnnhhh - no.  Sorry no sale.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms is done. Duh. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools